D. Jones & J. Jones

I suspect the two contracts are somehow tied into one another.  Julio will likely sign over the weekend.  

My reasoning is because the contract numbers in general were released.  1st & 3rd year CAP hits for D. Jones have been released.  Yet the 2nd year CAP number on D Jones is still listed blank.  That must be the final holdup in Julio signing.  Figuring out the CAP on both contracts for 2020

When Grady was signed we had all 4 years of the contract within hours

Any other thoughts on why year 2 for D Jones is still blank?

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I suspect the two contracts are somehow tied into one another.  Julio will likely sign over the weekend.  

My reasoning is because the contract numbers in general were released.  1st & 3rd year CAP hits for D. Jones have been released.  Yet the 2nd year CAP number on D Jones is still listed blank.  That must be the final holdup in Julio signing.  Figuring out the CAP on both contracts for 2020

I've been looking for the breakdown do you have those cap hits available or where did you find them

3 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I've been looking for the breakdown do you have those cap hits available or where did you find them

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cap/2020/

They actually just removed his 2019 numbers, too.  Very odd.  Our CAP just went back to 11 mill for 2019.

Perhaps a signing by Julio is imminent?

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cap/2020/

They actually just removed his 2019 numbers, too.  Very odd.  Our CAP just went back to 11 mill for 2019.

Perhaps a signing by Julio is imminent?

The team hasn't released how they're going to break down the cap hits.

Just based on the numbers 34 guarenteed / 3 years = 11.3 average cap hit years 1-3 and 23 million in year 4.

Again these are average numbers but the more you move those numbers around the bigger the hit in another year and teams are not in the habit of adding too much of the guaranteed money hits into the last year.

Neal's extension is coming up and they're going to have to do something about the pass rushing situation.

Either re-sign or find a replacement for Beasley, (neither option will be cheap), and then Takk so they can't get too crazy with pushing the cap hits into the later years.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The team hasn't released how they're going to break down the cap hits.

Just based on the numbers 34 guarenteed / 3 years = 11.3 average cap hit years 1-3 and 23 million in year 4.

Again these are average numbers but the more you move those numbers around the bigger the hit in another year and teams are not in the habit of adding too much of the guaranteed money hits into the last year.

Neal's extension is coming up and they're going to have to do something about the pass rushing situation.

Either re-sign or find a replacement for Beasley, (neither option will be cheap), and then Takk so they can't get too crazy with pushing the cap hits into the later years.

Years 1 & 3 were released and populated by Sportac and Over The Cap.  Both sites today removed those numbers

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

When I saw the cap hits earlier on Spotrac it looked like they went with the average # (11.3) but I could be wrong.

You’re right.  Those were the populated numbers.  But they left 2020 empty.  Now it’s all empty and they put back in his rookie contract numbers

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I suspect another move will have to be made before Julio is signed because you can’t create a contract that will intentionally put you with negative cap space for the current year. Look for someone else to either be extended, traded or cut or deal reworked before the Julio deal is complete unless they are working exclusively on next year’s salary and beyond with him, leaving this year alone 

Edited by ButSkiuup

1 minute ago, ButSkiuup said:

I suspect another move will have to be made before Julio is signed because you can’t create a contract that will intentionally put you with negative cap space for the current year. Look for someone else to either be extended, traded or cut before the Julio deal is complete unless they are working exclusively on next year’s salary and beyond with him, leaving this year alone 

His CAP is already at 12 mill for 2019. Extending him will bring his 2019 number down

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

His CAP is already at 12 mill for 2019. Extending him will bring his 2019 number down

Not necessarily if they are increasing his avg per year to something like 20/mill which is drastic. Bringing it down would put some serious pressure on next year and beyond which already kinda grim cap space wise. My guess is that they want to extend or convert some else with an already large cap hit to free up immediate space to pay a portion of Julio’s new deal this year. 

Kinda how Grady and Deion transactions was 2 fold. Lower one of their hits to pay the other new money. Just a guess, time will tell

8 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not necessarily if they are increasing his avg per year to something like 20/mill which is drastic. Bringing it down would put some serious pressure on next year and beyond which already kinda grim cap space wise. My guess is that they want to extend or convert some else with an already large cap hit to free up immediate space to pay a portion of Julio’s new deal this year. 

Kinda how Grady and Deion transactions was 2 fold. Lower one of their hits to pay the other new money. Just a guess, time will tell

We know for sure it won’t increase.  They’d be wise to bring the number down by 5 mill and roll that over to 2020 to help alleviate the CAP stress for next year

On 7/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, FalconsIn2020 said:

The cap hits are well known by the team before the contact is signed. They don’t need to check a website. :lol:

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

The cap hits are well known by the team before the contact is signed. They don’t need to check a website. :lol:

I think the contract total, bonuses and guarantees are agreed upon.  How the other amount is spread over 5 years is not yet agreed upon

We will have an opt out ability in 2022 IMO

15 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

What is Debo's contract #?

It’s completely bizarre but they have yet to release anything still.  Something on Julio’s contract extension has caused problems on 2020 CAP so everything is mum at the moment. It’s bizarre D Jones new contract was released for a day and then taken down and replaced with his rookie deal.