I know there is a lot of speculation about when Julio signs his contract. My thought is that i's are being dotted and t's crossed to get it done. But just watched a clip from Ian Rappaport talking about both of them signing.  A question occurred to me: Are these two players/agents playing chicken to see who signs first? Do you think it would matter that much to Julio whether or not he gets "the title" of highest paid?

49 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

No matter who is paid first, it won’t make that much of a difference in pay. They are both coming in about 20 or just over 

I feel like we'll have a lot more freedom due to him having 2 years left on the existing deal. It's easier to spread the money around. Mike is on his last year.

22 minutes ago, The Architect said:

I feel like we'll have a lot more freedom due to him having 2 years left on the existing deal. It's easier to spread the money around. Mike is on his last year.

Not quite, they will most likely have to try to backload it. Even if they do, he will still be due at the very minimum whatever his remaining years are on top of adding the signing bonus spread across those years. And if they minimize the next few years, his last ones will carry an absurd cap hit

Edited by ButSkiuup

Y'all need to stop worrying about the cap.  Like seriously, it's driving some of y'all nuts and for no good reason.  Everything will fall into place, despite the know-it-alls here, TD actually knows how to manage players, their contracts, and the cap.

To the original point, it may very well be tied together...it happens every year.  Player x waiting on player y.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Consider the Aaron Rodgers/Matt Ryan extensions. One huge contract feeds off of the next.

my uncle is a HUGE Packers fan and he says Rodgers is running purely on rep. says he hasn't been good for 2 years and the refs give him a bunch of breaks. there was also a guy who posts on here whenever we play the Pack and he said something similar.

Just now, raysnill1 said:

my uncle is a HUGE Packers fan and he says Rodgers is running purely on rep. says he hasn't been good for 2 years and the refs give him a bunch of breaks. there was also a guy who posts on here whenever we play the Pack and he said something similar.

That’s what happens when all of your main targets are gone

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sure you don’t.....

Julio somewhere in the 4 years/$80 M range....

Could care less what Thomas gets...

You should have just said that from the beginning to stay on topic :tiphat:

I think they both get 20. Thomas at 5 years, Julio at 4. I think they will guarantee Julio a smaller percentage due to his age 

Edited by ButSkiuup