Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beast-N-Da-Sheetz

What would it take for YOU to bring back Vic and Tru in 2020?

92 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t need to bump this thread in 9 months to prove who was wrong. I don’t care that much 

You don't have to bump it,,, I'll still admit you were right if you are... I love truth , so that's not hard for me to do... I'd say if anything,, I could be half right,, I'm sure we'll keep Vic,, not as sure about  Tru...but think we let him go too, might ven be during the season with Tru,,  Just what I think they will do. 

39 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Steelers got rid of a 15th pick of the first round back in 1992 that played ONE season by trading him... Steelers got how many rings?

With that dumb*** General Manager? None lol

Also they didn't have the 15th pick in the NFL draft in 1992 and their 1992 pick was on the team 4 years.

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

You don't have to bump it,,, I'll still admit you were right if you are... I love truth , so that's not hard for me to do... I'd say if anything,, I could be half right,, I'm sure we'll keep Vic,, not as sure about  Tru...but think we let him go too, might ven be during the season with Tru,,  Just what I think they will do. 

Why do you think that? 

You make wild assumptions all the time and then when someone ask you about it all you say is "jUsT wUt i ThInK".

This is a discussion board. You write paragraphs but say nothing in them.

Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

With that dumb*** General Manager? None lol

Also they didn't have the 15th pick in the NFL draft in 1992 and their 1992 pick was on the team 4 years.

the pick was in 1991.  he was traded in 1992.  that dumb general manager won 5 division championships because he knew when to cut his losses...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

the pick was in 1991.  he was traded in 1992.  that dumb general manager won 5 division championships because he knew when to cut his losses...:lol:

If we're going for that then Dimi has 3. Also Beasley lead the league in sacks in 2016 so if you cut him then you lose out on that in one of our best seasons. 

Twist it anyway you want but trading Beasley after his rookie year is just stupid. 

They didn't trade their guy until during the year which I'm guessing means he showed no progress, Beasley obviously did.

47 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If we're going for that then Dimi has 3. Also Beasley lead the league in sacks in 2016 so if you cut him then you lose out on that in one of our best seasons. 

Twist it anyway you want but trading Beasley after his rookie year is just stupid. 

They didn't trade their guy until during the year which I'm guessing means he showed no progress, Beasley obviously did.

Hold up.  I made a joke about  Madden.  You are correct, you don't get rid of Beasley after that year he had.  If anything, last year would have been the year to try and trade him.  I was pointing out that there IS PRECEDENT in the NFL for getting rid of a first round pick after one season.  Thats the only point I was making...

Yo_Lover likes this

9 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

Vic Beasley will finish with 14 sacks 4 force fumbles and 1 td

How much we betting?

15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think the team has likely already made up its mind that Beasley isn’t staying and Neal is likely the next big signing 

I said earlier it would take a monster season and a reasonable contract for them to keep him. Think there might be another possibility. If he has a solid season- say 8 sacks, lots of pressures, some big plays- they might keep him on  smaller incentive laden contract. 

I think if Vic has anything resembling a good season though, some other team will take a chance on him. If he does have a decent season, I'd use the non exclusive tag on him, see if anybody would trade a second round pick for him.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Just makes sense. The team clearly can’t invest in Beasley if they want to invest in Neal instead after paying Grady and Debo. And Trufant simply isn’t worth cutting after this season due to his contract. I would be very surprised if Beasley is retained or Trufant is cut

ugh Tru is with us for at least 2 more seasons??

11 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Very likely. Unless his play falls off a cliff

that sucks.  i think tru is done.  i actually have more faith in beasley than  tru

On 7/19/2019 at 8:53 PM, Yo_Lover said:

Why do you think that? 

You make wild assumptions all the time and then when someone ask you about it all you say is "jUsT wUt i ThInK".

This is a discussion board. You write paragraphs but say nothing in them.

In case you don't know it,, and it is pretty obvious ,, a discussion is when two people are talking and they each give their thoughts on any given subject..  And to say that I say nothing is crazy talk.  When people write post like yours , it only mean one thing,, The old Green eyed monster is on the move again. You act as though you own the board now..  I remember when you joined ,It wasn't that many years ago,  and you live fairly close to me. Good luck trying to coach everybody's post. Jellousy is a bad disease ,, nobody can live with it except the person who has it.

ButSkiuup likes this

12 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

In case you don't know it,, and it is pretty obvious ,, a discussion is when two people are talking and they each give their thoughts on any given subject..  And to say that I say nothing is crazy talk.  When people write post like yours , it only mean one thing,, The old Green eyed monster is on the move again. You act as though you own the board now..  I remember when you joined ,It wasn't that many years ago,  and you live fairly close to me. Good luck trying to coach everybody's post. Jellousy is a bad disease ,, nobody can live with it except the person who has it.

Yeah it’s a shame people can’t just keep it moving. Like what is he trying to prove :munch:

Draftnut57 likes this

7 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

that sucks.  i think tru is done.  i actually have more faith in beasley than  tru

I don’t think Tru is done. I think both can still play at a fairly high level. I think part of it is how they’re utilized and part of it is mental. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

1 hour ago, ButSkiuup said:

Yeah it’s a shame people can’t just keep it moving. Like what is he trying to prove :munch:

I’m with Yo on this one. Draftnut quoted my post and said, in a sentence, “I think your 100% wrong.” And that’s fine, he’s entitled to his opinion. But WHY? I asked for his reasoning, and all he said was “let’s check again in the future to see who’s wrong.” Again, didn’t provide reason for why he thinks Beasley is retained and Trufant is cut. Yo is simply calling him out on not giving any reason for his disagreement in this DISCUSSION. 

Yo_Lover likes this

On 7/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I don't think many would be heartbroken to see Vic or Tru on another team after this season but they both have at least one more year at the moment. What type of numbers and or big game/changing plays would they have to put up to merit either one them being a Falcon past 19 in you opinion?

He hasn't made his bones, to Vick I say "see ya." 

20 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

So now that you've posted what Beasley has to do....what about Tru..

:lol:

21 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

So now that you've posted what Beasley has to do....what about Tru..

:lol:

He gets the same expectations 

RING OF HONOR likes this

20 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m with Yo on this one. Draftnut quoted my post and said, in a sentence, “I think your 100% wrong.” And that’s fine, he’s entitled to his opinion. But WHY? I asked for his reasoning, and all he said was “let’s check again in the future to see who’s wrong.” Again, didn’t provide reason for why he thinks Beasley is retained and Trufant is cut. Yo is simply calling him out on not giving any reason for his disagreement in this DISCUSSION. 

He’s the type that says you’re wrong then if something happens that he says he will make threads and post something gloating as if he’s a genius and rubs it in because he got lucky. He doesn’t add any real value to a discussion. **** I don’t add **** either but I definitely don’t gloat if I turn out to be right. That’s some real life high horse **** right there

Vandy, Yo_Lover and JD dirtybird21 like this