FalconsIn2012

We are #1...and GB at #2 is amusing

88 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, caponine said:

LOL ,Rodgers is an elite QB tho ?? Who would they rank over Rodgers, ik Favre but who else ?? He has been clutch in 4th quarters. Did you forget the Dallas cowboys two years ago or no ?? 

He’s got more stats than Bart Starr, but less rings.

And packer fans adore Starr, while they are growing weary of Rodgers antics. 

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If you think Free is overpaid, how about David Johnson @ $13M per for 3.6 YPC?

Yup, coming off injury and a terrible year.  I have a feeling Kingsbury gonna kill whatever value he has left...

Also how is Lamar Miller only 28?  Feels like that dude should be like 34 lol

Vandy and mikeg272 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

image.png.d271a2745d0a09793bc88b1fdd2525

So... Prescott next guy to jump Ryan? His deal deal 2 yr old.

Ewww, Prescott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

Yup, coming off injury and a terrible year.  I have a feeling Kingsbury gonna kill whatever value he has left...

Also how is Lamar Miller only 28?  Feels like that dude should be like 34 lol

Very true.

Zeke Elliott should be pizzed. Miller, Fournette, McKinnon all making more than best player on cowboys team.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s the position. And I hate saying it but so few escape their second contract as good players

You sound like Spook.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope Freeman stays healthy and earns his pay this year for his own legacy. If Freeman retired tomorrow he'd only be remembered for bringing up his contract before the superbowl and then missing a block causing a major turning point in that game.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KamiKazee27 said:

I really hope Freeman stays healthy and earns his pay this year for his own legacy. If Freeman retired tomorrow he'd only be remembered for bringing up his contract before the superbowl and then missing a block causing a major turning point in that game.

Brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You sound like Spook.

I actually love Freeman and if we end up in Miami next February, he will likely win Comeback Player of Year.

But this game is tough on RB’s.  I’d almost let them enter the NFL as FA’s if they opt to do so

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He’s got more stats than Bart Starr, but less rings.

And packer fans adore Starr, they are growing weary of Rodgers antics. 

No doubt Packers fans go

Starr

Favre

Rodgers

 

And I suspect it’s not even a close vote

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

That will be fixed in the next day or so, and FFS70 will have a fit. :lol:

Oh I'm already resigned to the fact Julio will be a Falcon for life. Probably three or four years at $17M per. We already paid $77M and five draft picks for him. Now we're lining up at the Troff for more. Dimi should call Billy Check one more time for advice on that one. Take a look at our next couple cap tables and the players under contract. Pretty scary. Not to mention other core players that will be due for extensions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh I'm already resigned to the fact Julio will be a Falcon for life. Probably three or four years at $17M per. We already paid $77M and five draft picks for him. Now we're lining up at the Troff for more. Dimi should call Billy Check one more time for advice on that one. Take a look at our next couple cap tables and the players under contract. Pretty scary. Not to mention other core players that will be due for extensions. 

Don’t you hate how Belichick auto corrects to Billy Check?  Happens to me all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, athell said:

Once Kamara is off rookie contract and Thomas gets payday, NO gonna shoot up this list.

Yup. One thing we got going for us is that Brees' APY won't increase significantly like it has after signing previous multi-year deals.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

And NO can’t finction without a Satellite/Joker RB.  Kamara has all the leverage.  

Without a Bush, Sproles , Kamara the SP offense isn’t nearly as effective

They should draft Swift out of UGA and let AK walk

Not true, Sproles' last year in New Orleans (2013) our offense was 10th in points and 4th in yards. The following year, the offense was ranked 9th in points and 1st in yards.

Between 2014-2016 (where we didn't have that Bush/Sproles/Kamara satellite back), our offense was 1st or 2nd in yards all three years. The only reason we went 7-9 those 3 years was because the defense was correspondingly bad being either 32nd or 31st in points or yards. Kamara has a decent amount of leverage and he'll be paid accordingly. Payton won't let him go.

But yeahhh, you'd like us letting Kamara walk in free agency, wouldn't you... ;)

 

Edited by Iron Saint
athell, Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh I'm already resigned to the fact Julio will be a Falcon for life. Probably three or four years at $17M per. We already paid $77M and five draft picks for him. Now we're lining up at the Troff for more. Dimi should call Billy Check one more time for advice on that one. Take a look at our next couple cap tables and the players under contract. Pretty scary. Not to mention other core players that will be due for extensions. 

And worth every penny of it too, my good friend.

Billy Check paid Gronk almost as much as we paid Julio last year for less than half the production.

:ninja: :ninja:

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oh I'm already resigned to the fact Julio will be a Falcon for life. Probably three or four years at $17M per. We already paid $77M and five draft picks for him. Now we're lining up at the Troff for more. Dimi should call Billy Check one more time for advice on that one. Take a look at our next couple cap tables and the players under contract. Pretty scary. Not to mention other core players that will be due for extensions. 

You're probably short by 3 - 4 mil a year, but, yeah...

Dimi has done an incredible job over the last several years, and this offseason may be his best.

Embrace.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Yup. One thing we got going for us is that Brees' APY won't increase significantly like it has after signing previous multi-year deals.

Not true, Sproles' last year in New Orleans (2013) our offense was 10th in points and 4th in yards. The following year, the offense was ranked 9th in points and 1st in yards.

Between 2014-2016 (where we didn't have that Bush/Sproles/Kamara satellite back), our offense was 1st or 2nd in yards all three years. The only reason we went 7-9 those 3 years was because the defense was correspondingly bad being either 32nd or 31st in points or yards. Kamara has a decent amount of leverage and he'll be paid accordingly. Payton won't let him go.

But yeahhh, you'd like us letting Kamara walk in free agency, wouldn't you... ;)

 

Agree with most of this.

Main thing you guys need to worry about on Kamara is risk of injury. Plus as we well know in ATL, 2nd contracts are tricky for RBs....

Think you guys will miss Ingram? I do.

 

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree with most of this.

Main thing you guys need to worry about on Kamara is risk of injury. Plus as we well know in ATL, 2nd contracts are tricky for RBs....

Think you guys will miss Ingram? I do.

 

I don't think they miss Ingram. Overrated. Murray will fill the role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I don't think they miss Ingram. Overrated. Murray will fill the role.

Just curious....what makes you believe that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

And worth every penny of it too, my good friend.

Billy Check paid Gronk almost as much as we paid Julio last year for less than half the production.

:ninja: :ninja:

LMAO. Billy Check paid one second round pick and $55M for Gronk who had 30 more TDs than Julio. Dimi paid five picks and $77M for Julio and is lining up for more. Meanwhile, since Billy told Dimi not to do the Julio deal he's gone to the playoffs every year, won five conference championships and three Lombardies. I wonder what his advice on a new Julio deal would be today. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Yup. One thing we got going for us is that Brees' APY won't increase significantly like it has after signing previous multi-year deals.

Not true, Sproles' last year in New Orleans (2013) our offense was 10th in points and 4th in yards. The following year, the offense was ranked 9th in points and 1st in yards.

Between 2014-2016 (where we didn't have that Bush/Sproles/Kamara satellite back), our offense was 1st or 2nd in yards all three years. The only reason we went 7-9 those 3 years was because the defense was correspondingly bad being either 32nd or 31st in points or yards. Kamara has a decent amount of leverage and he'll be paid accordingly. Payton won't let him go.

But yeahhh, you'd like us letting Kamara walk in free agency, wouldn't you... ;)

 

It’s your forum that taught me about the importance of Satellite backs in SP’s offense.  The numbers were quite eye opening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now