902 posts in this topic

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

Stop looking cool to others on the board.  YOU GOT IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:lol: ya got me

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

All good.  

Im too old to be getting in trouble lmao well, with my mom at least :lol:

22 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Navarre is pretty nice. Use to date a girl out there.  Way less crowded but ya got a decent drive to get to any good restaurants or stuff to do. Guess it depends on what someone is looking for in a vacation.

I know Navarre well. My Mom took me there many times growing up. You ever been to Johnson Beach? The locals in Pensacola used to go there when I was coming up. Probably still do. 

LouDog likes this

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Still need one more SP, IMO. And I think your point at the end is due more to the fact that there is a dearth of available SPs (at least ones that we would/should be interested in).

But if Gausman rebounds to last years post trade form who do you bump? Do you bump Gausman and let him be a 2 pitch guy in the pen? Do you bump Fried to limit his innings?

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

I know Navarre well. My Mom took me there many times growing up. You ever been to Johnson Beach? The locals in Pensacola used to go there when I was coming up. Probably still do. 

I only went to the beach in Navarre a couple times and am honestly not sure which beach it was. Definetly a cool area though. Most of the pan handle is. Never been a fan of PC but love everywhere else

Todays game is a prime example of why you cant trade Ender this month. We need his defense out there late in games.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Todays game is a prime example of why you cant trade Ender this month. We need his defense out there late in games.

I wouldnt want to trade him but if he was the final piece to get a deal done for Giles i would have too

Just now, LouDog said:

I only went to the beach in Navarre a couple times and am honestly not sure which beach it was. Definetly a cool area though. Most of the pan handle is. Never been a fan of PC but love everywhere else

I grew up going to Pensacola beach, Navarre and Johnson beach. When I say grew up I mean it. It wasn’t just a week a year. It was a kid of divorce doing spring break, summers, winters, early falls...anyway I have the melanoma to prove it smh...

LouDog likes this

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I hate to agree...but you're right

Just now, Black Francis said:

I grew up going to Pensacola beach, Navarre and Johnson beach. When I say grew up I mean it. It wasn’t just a week a year. It was a kid of divorce doing spring break, summers, winters, early falls...anyway I have the melanoma to prove it smh...

Lol ive always been a mountain person but love the beach too. I lived there from 18 to 24 and came back here for college. Then went back down from 30 to 34.

Black Francis likes this

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

But if Gausman rebounds to last years post trade form who do you bump? Do you bump Gausman and let him be a 2 pitch guy in the pen? Do you bump Fried to limit his innings?

Think we’ve learned that those things tend to work themselves out. That’s why I think if we make a deal for a SP, it’ll be for a high-end one (e.g., Bauer, Bumgarner). 

Malachore likes this

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gausman could create quite the debate. If he pitches like this leading up the July 31 what do you do? Do you trust Gausman to maintain form and round out the rotation? Or do you go after a SP and bump someone out. From the early rumblings I will say I think we're more focused on the bullpen.

You still need a starter, especially with Fried now having blister issues and not really looking all the great for the past 2 months anyhow.

Just now, ATLBrave said:

Think we’ve learned that those things tend to work themselves out. That’s why I think if we make a deal for a SP, it’ll be for a high-end one (e.g., Bauer, Bumgarner). 

I tend to agree. I dont think that guy is going to be available though. I honestly think we'll add to the pen and stand firm in the rotation pending an injury or meltdown by Gausman between now and then. Unless one of those guys becomes available anyway.

ATLBrave likes this

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

This is what I think too. I don't believe than AA is looking to just add another SP, he's looking to add someone that will make a noticeable difference.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This is what I think too. I don't believe than AA is looking to just add another SP, he's looking to add someone that will make a noticeable difference.

This week will be the shake-up for who tries to make the playoffs and who is looking towards 2020 and beyond.  

10 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Lol ive always been a mountain person but love the beach too. I lived there from 18 to 24 and came back here for college. Then went back down from 30 to 34.

Love the high country too. Scottish in me. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Love the high country too. Scottish in me. 

Im in the process of planning my Appalachian Trail hike. Gonna see how much of it i can do. Probably not gonna go til march but it should be fun.

Edited by LouDog