E. T.

Nats @ Braves

902 posts in this topic

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Bone bruise in his elbow. He was placed there at the beginning of the week.

Thanks man, I don't know what I'd do without you. :lol:

No coincidence that since our offense has started to stall that we are 2-4.

Can't win unless we score at a historic rate.

The Turner leaping catch was the killer. If he doesnt make that we score at least 2 that inning 

So now it all comes down to Gausman to be a stopper and our offense to wake tf up against a likely AAA pitcher.

Said I'd be happy with a split considering our good their starters are and how bad ours are but was counting on a win tonight.

sdogg likes this

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I especially like the 3 fatass grounds crew members just sitting there while the camera guy has to hold him up with 1 hand and this camera with the other.

Yeah I was saying “where’s the help?” Pathetic. 

Malachore likes this

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So now it all comes down to Gausman to be a stopper and our offense to wake tf up against a likely AAA pitcher.

Said I'd be happy with a split considering our good their starters are and how bad ours are but was counting on a win tonight.

Yep. We knew our pitching was nothing we could count on, but for our bats to just wet the bed, was not expected. Nobody wants to step up. 

Malachore likes this

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

How was Soroka charged with 4 ER when Sanchez reached on an error?

It was called a base hit and then an advance on an error. I think that's correct as that was hit too slow and in the perfect place (and I get crapped on for saying it by a certain older person on another board, but that's gonna happen with sinkerballing pitchers at times. You're gonna make a pitch, and it's gonna simply be hit too soft and be a hit, in fact, this hurt him at times in his cameo last year).

Just absolute stupid crap luck sometimes. He gave up 2 rockets that inning but otherwise it was 3 bleeders, including the pitcher and that is the whole cause that ended up being a 3 run inning, and before that inning he had been looking absolutely on. They did also jump on him throwing first pitch on the plate strikes, but still, two of them were absolutely bleeders.

Malachore likes this

During the postgame Joe Simpson announced it's his last TV appearance of the season. He then said "dont say bad things on TV, itll get you". You could tell he hates losing his spot in the booth.

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Turner leaping catch was the killer. If he doesnt make that we score at least 2 that inning 

Not as great of a game changer, but the home run on the top of the wall towards Riley was also an out by a true good outfielder. Not a shot against Riley either. Just saying. The read and timing was off. It’s not his fault. A true really good outfielder makes that play. Then again the same outfielder may not hit home runs either so there you go. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

During the postgame Joe Simpson announced it's his last TV appearance of the season. He then said "dont say bad things on TV, itll get you"

He's talking about last year or did he do something else this year?

He did seem better in what limited time I was able to listen to him.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Maybe we should have signed Anibal Sanchez.

I'm still salty about it. He was spectacular for us last year, and I don't just mean on the field.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Demeritte isn't on the 40 man roster. Hes likely never making it out of AAA unless its injury related.

I'm not sure about that. He's got a .979 OPS and is still only 24. I could see us opening a spot for him, depending on how the trade deadline go and how our roster looks on September 1st. 

2 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

They need to send him back to AAA.  Or make him an add-in for Mychal Givens with Baltimore.  Minter is broken.  

Minter and Folty are mentally broken.  

As Braves fans, we've been spoiled on this since, like, 1990, but there's something going on with our upper levels of the minors and major league team. Pitchers who clearly have ability aren't getting the job done. Even worse, it's systemic, save for Soroka and arguably Fried.

I sometimes post that list of failed starting pitchers since the tank job. It's had me wondering for a while. Teams *should* unearth hidden gems. We're turning actual gems into shattered glass.

sdogg and Malachore like this

5 hours ago, vanhino said:

I've always liked Rendon. If the Braves can't keep Donaldson after this year, I wouldn't mind them going after him.

Sucks that Rendon should have been a Brave.

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

Yep. Just not sure what the answer is. Send him down and he wont see enough high quality offspeed stuff to fix his issue. Leave him up here and he is **** close to an automatic out.

I guess he didn't have 4 hard hit balls the other night? I must have dreamed that.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

As Braves fans, we've been spoiled on this since, like, 1990, but there's something going on with our upper levels of the minors and major league team. Pitchers who clearly have ability aren't getting the job done. Even worse, it's systemic, save for Soroka and arguably Fried.

I sometimes post that list of failed starting pitchers since the tank job. It's had me wondering for a while. Teams *should* unearth hidden gems. We're turning actual gems into shattered glass.

It's like I mentioned the other night in my reply to you, there is something wrong with the way we're developing pitchers. We're almost as bad as the Orioles.

sdogg likes this