E. T.

Nats @ Braves

902 posts in this topic

Whenever I see the Giants playing an extra inning of a low scoring game (no score in this case) all I can think about is that 18 inning playoff game against the Nationals years ago. LOL!! And the Mets lose on a dropped fly ball! OMG!! What crap!! METS!!! LOL!!!!!

The crappy thing for jackson is that he really only made one bad pitch.......one really really bad pitch.

That is the greatness of baseball though...one pitch or one swing can alter the outcome of 9 innings worth of work.

Gotta feel for Julio though....the braves offense....for as great as it ia.....give him chitty run support

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The crappy thing for jackson is that he really only made one bad pitch.......one really really bad pitch.

That is the greatness of baseball though...one pitch or one swing can alter the outcome of 9 innings worth of work.

Gotta feel for Julio though....the braves offense....for as great as it ia.....give him chitty run support

More like the Braves bullpen is at fault when Julio pitches. Braves are now 14-7 in Julio's 21 starts this year but Julio's individual record is 5-6. I've lost count of how many times Julio has left with a lead and the bullpen has blown it.

• vs. CHC - Braves up 2-1. Cubs take 4-2 lead. Braves win 6-4.
  • at MIA - Braves up 1-0. Marlins tie game at 1. Braves win 3-1.
  • at SF - Braves up 3-1. Giants win 4-3.
  • vs. DET - Braves up 3-0. Tigers tie game at 3. Braves win 7-4.
  • vs. WAS - Braves up 3-1. Nationals tie game at 3. Braves win 4-3.

Tonight was the 5th time this year Julio Teheran has left the game with the lead only to end up with a no-decision because of the Braves bullpen. If he was 10-6 instead of 5-6 he would be viewed a lot differently because of the people that put way too much stock into pitcher W/L.

g-dawg and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

More like the Braves bullpen is at fault when Julio pitches. Braves are now 14-7 in Julio's 21 starts this year but Julio's individual record is 5-6. I've lost count of how many times Julio has left with a lead and the bullpen has blown it.

• vs. CHC - Braves up 2-1. Cubs take 4-2 lead. Braves win 6-4.
  • at MIA - Braves up 1-0. Marlins tie game at 1. Braves win 3-1.
  • at SF - Braves up 3-1. Giants win 4-3.
  • vs. DET - Braves up 3-0. Tigers tie game at 3. Braves win 7-4.
  • vs. WAS - Braves up 3-1. Nationals tie game at 3. Braves win 4-3.

Tonight was the 5th time this year Julio Teheran has left the game with the lead only to end up with a no-decision because of the Braves bullpen. If he was 10-6 instead of 5-6 he would be viewed a lot differently because of the people that put way too much stock into pitcher W/L.

Fair enough...either way tough luck for him

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Whenever I see the Giants playing an extra inning of a low scoring game (no score in this case) all I can think about is that 18 inning playoff game against the Nationals years ago. LOL!! And the Mets lose on a dropped fly ball! OMG!! What crap!! METS!!! LOL!!!!!

I was at that playoff game. It was windy as **** before it all finally ended. Still can't believe Matt Williams pulled Zimmerman instead of letting him finish. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Anibal Sanchez going for the Nats tonight. Sanchez has found his 2018 form. Hes 5-0 with a 2.47 ERA dating back to the start of June. Hes allowed 5 runs in 12 innings against the Braves this year. Those 5 runs have been on only 7 hits though. 

I missed the game Thursday, but can someone elaborate on what happened with Wright? Seemed like he was doing fine and then just fell off a cliff. 

I'm not ready to give up on him though. His stuff is too good. 

23 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I missed the game Thursday, but can someone elaborate on what happened with Wright? Seemed like he was doing fine and then just fell off a cliff. 

People will say the defense failed him and they didn't help for sure but the dude still got lit up and couldn't throw strikes.

tl;dr likes this

Wright needs more development. we keep rushing him. Its tough to realize but hes barely had 200 innings of pro ball. Soroka was allowed 492 minor league innings,  Fried 600. Wright needs us to let him work 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

He looked good til the 3rd or 4th. Cant remember which it was. Had a guy on base with one out and they hit a liner to Acuna. Acuna should have played it on a hop but tried to dive for it and it got past him. Now runners on 1st and 3rd and they hit it to the wall, Inciarte jumped for it but it bounced off of his glove and cleared the bases. From there Wilson fell apart.

Edited by LouDog
tl;dr likes this

47 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Wright needs more development. we keep rushing him. Its tough to realize but hes barely had 200 innings of pro ball. Soroka was allowed 492 minor league innings,  Fried 600. Wright needs us to let him work 

Good lord I didn't realize that. But this makes sense to me. Hopefully we just let him ride out the rest of the year in Gwinnett and don't pull him back up until September. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

But wait a minute.. I was told not too long ago about how lucky Julio is.. 

Yeah.....I heard the same thing.

But people want to storm area 51.......so it's not like people are smart :)

Black Francis likes this

16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The worst part is they are giving the government a month warning that its coming. If they did have anything there they **** sure wont anymore.

falconsd56 likes this

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I feel the same way about people who defend Luke Jackson as being unlucky. :)

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I feel the same way about people who defend Luke Jackson as being unlucky. :)

Any predictions on when the Braves fall to third place?

TheTrue7 likes this

21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Any predictions on when the Braves fall to third place?

Context is everything my friend. :lol: