E. T.

Nats @ Braves

902 posts in this topic

3 game losing streak ended!!! Yesssssss!!!!! First game won against the gnats at Suntrust this year!

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought when Donaldson hit it that it was gonna be a Slam.

Me too

Posted (edited)

Good win for the Braves.........now..........analysis.   Martinez made a very good move by bringing in the extra infielder.  THATS the play.  What I don't understand is why he left a worn out relief pitcher in there.  The dude was tired.  ANYTHING he was gonna throw over the plate was gonna be grooved for the hitter.

Braves had to get this one.  Washington coming into 4.5 games back was too close...

Edited by slickgadawg
ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought so too, would have been sweet. He missed it by a couple feet.

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Good win for the Braves.........now..........analysis.   Martinez made a very good move by bringing in he extra infielder.  THATS the play.  What I don't understand is why he left a worn out relief pitcher in there.  The dude was tired.  ANYTHING he was gonna throw over the plate was gonna be grooved for the hitter.

Braves had to get this one.  Washington coming into 4.5 games was too close...

Had they brought Doolittle in they might have gotten some internal problems. I was watching the Gnats broadcast and Doolittle was not happy thinking he was coming in without warming up.

slickgadawg likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I did too

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Had they brought Doolittle in they might have gotten some internal problems. I was watching the Gnats broadcast and Doolittle was not happy thinking he was coming in without warming up.

Then he should have been warming up.  That reliever had nothing left. He was just winging it up there.

Rodney was spent. They should've made a move but oh well.

Hopefully Soroka and the guys do their thing tomorrow making the series a success and take Sunday's for good measure.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

2 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Rodney was spent. They should've made a move but oh well.

Hopefully Soroka and the guys do their thing tomorrow making the series a success and take Sunday's for good measure.

Hopefully they can figure out Anibal Sanchez tomorrow. At least they won't be facing Scherzer on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Then he should have been warming up.  That reliever had nothing left. He was just winging it up there.

What was stupid is that he was warming up in the 9th and they sat him down since they didn't take the lead.

slickgadawg likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It looked GONE off the bat. When it didn't, I was immediately disappointed...then I realized who tf cares because we just won!

Falconsfan567 likes this

I really hope this game finally costs Luke his job because he's done nothing to deserve it. I don't want to hear about spin rate, bad luck shifts or soft seeing eye singles.

The guy is not a closer and honestly shouldn't be sniffing anything past the 7th.

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I really hope this game finally costs Luke his job because he's done nothing to deserve it. I don't want to hear about spin rate, bad luck shifts or soft seeing eye singles.

The guy is not a closer and honestly shouldn't be sniffing anything past the 7th.

Agreed, he’s got a spot in our pen, just not at the end.  Make something happen AA. 

3 minutes ago, vanhino said:

AA should be calling the Tigers tonight and working out a trade for Shane Greene!

I have a feeling any trade we make is going to be a SP/RP bundle.

I’ve decided within the last hour that I will pour gasoline on the face of the next person here who impugns the baseball prowess of Josh Donaldson. Then, I will point a blowtorch at their face. Then...

Just turned on the Giants game and hearing Jon Miller takes me back. Him and Joe Morgan were so much better than the current crap we're forced to listen to on ESPN. Which btw, I've got to miss the next two games because of work. :(