E. T.

Nats @ Braves

902 posts in this topic

3 game losing streak ended!!! Yesssssss!!!!! First game won against the gnats at Suntrust this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought when Donaldson hit it that it was gonna be a Slam.

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Good win for the Braves.........now..........analysis.   Martinez made a very good move by bringing in the extra infielder.  THATS the play.  What I don't understand is why he left a worn out relief pitcher in there.  The dude was tired.  ANYTHING he was gonna throw over the plate was gonna be grooved for the hitter.

Braves had to get this one.  Washington coming into 4.5 games back was too close...

Edited by slickgadawg
ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought when Donaldson hit it that it was gonna be a Slam.

I thought so too, would have been sweet. He missed it by a couple feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

Good win for the Braves.........now..........analysis.   Martinez made a very good move by bringing in he extra infielder.  THATS the play.  What I don't understand is why he left a worn out relief pitcher in there.  The dude was tired.  ANYTHING he was gonna throw over the plate was gonna be grooved for the hitter.

Braves had to get this one.  Washington coming into 4.5 games was too close...

Had they brought Doolittle in they might have gotten some internal problems. I was watching the Gnats broadcast and Doolittle was not happy thinking he was coming in without warming up.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought when Donaldson hit it that it was gonna be a Slam.

I did too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Had they brought Doolittle in they might have gotten some internal problems. I was watching the Gnats broadcast and Doolittle was not happy thinking he was coming in without warming up.

Then he should have been warming up.  That reliever had nothing left. He was just winging it up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodney was spent. They should've made a move but oh well.

Hopefully Soroka and the guys do their thing tomorrow making the series a success and take Sunday's for good measure.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Rodney was spent. They should've made a move but oh well.

Hopefully Soroka and the guys do their thing tomorrow making the series a success and take Sunday's for good measure.

Hopefully they can figure out Anibal Sanchez tomorrow. At least they won't be facing Scherzer on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Then he should have been warming up.  That reliever had nothing left. He was just winging it up there.

What was stupid is that he was warming up in the 9th and they sat him down since they didn't take the lead.

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I thought when Donaldson hit it that it was gonna be a Slam.

It looked GONE off the bat. When it didn't, I was immediately disappointed...then I realized who tf cares because we just won!

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this game finally costs Luke his job because he's done nothing to deserve it. I don't want to hear about spin rate, bad luck shifts or soft seeing eye singles.

The guy is not a closer and honestly shouldn't be sniffing anything past the 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I really hope this game finally costs Luke his job because he's done nothing to deserve it. I don't want to hear about spin rate, bad luck shifts or soft seeing eye singles.

The guy is not a closer and honestly shouldn't be sniffing anything past the 7th.

Agreed, he’s got a spot in our pen, just not at the end.  Make something happen AA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vanhino said:

AA should be calling the Tigers tonight and working out a trade for Shane Greene!

I have a feeling any trade we make is going to be a SP/RP bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve decided within the last hour that I will pour gasoline on the face of the next person here who impugns the baseball prowess of Josh Donaldson. Then, I will point a blowtorch at their face. Then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turned on the Giants game and hearing Jon Miller takes me back. Him and Joe Morgan were so much better than the current crap we're forced to listen to on ESPN. Which btw, I've got to miss the next two games because of work. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now