E. T.

Nats @ Braves

902 posts in this topic

After dropping their last 2 to the Brews, this will be a great test for the Braves!

Lets get it!!!

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

who is pitching saturday?

TBD, Kyle Wright was scratched from AAA last night though.

Matchups right now are..

Thursday: Strasburg vs Teheran

Friday: Corbin vs Soroka

Saturday: TBD vs TBD

Sunday: TBD vs TBD

Theres some talk Wright might pitch tonight and back everyone back a day. Sunday will either be Wilson or Gausman, Braves haven't decided yet. Nats will likely throw Sanchez on Saturday and then they're waiting to see if Scherzer is ready to be activated on Sunday.

By the way, Wright has been on fire at AAA. He has a 1.99 ERA in his last 5 starts. 

The way Snitker talked it doesnt sound like Riley is going to AAA but he didnt say yes or no. Mark Bowman indicated the Braves are considering a 7 man bullpen or sending Camargo to AAA. Ender is expected to be activated during this series.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

The way Snitker talked it doesnt sound like Riley is going to AAA but he didnt say yes or no. Mark Bowman indicated the Braves are considering a 7 man bullpen or sending Camargo to AAA. Ender is expected to be activated during this series.

Need to get him a few ab's to see if he can be part of a trade in the next couple weeks.

38 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Need to get him a few ab's to see if he can be part of a trade in the next couple weeks.

I dont think we trade Ender until the winter. We have nobody to play CF except for Acuna. If Acuna were to tweak something tonight we'd be force to plug in someone who has never played CF. That's one reason Acuna has been given no breathers since Ender went down. Theres nobody else.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

TBD, Kyle Wright was scratched from AAA last night though.

that was gonna be my guess but was wondering about Kevin 

I dont think we trade Ender until the winter. We have nobody to play CF except for Acuna. If Acuna were to tweak something tonight we'd be force to plug in someone who has never played CF. That's one reason Acuna has been given no breathers since Ender went down. Theres nobody else.

Plus I think Acuna needs a break.  

JDFIII likes this

I think you are probably right.  We would probably bring Pache up early from AA to play center if Acuna went down.   

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

I think you are probably right.  We would probably bring Pache up early from AA to play center if Acuna went down.   

I never want him hurt, but, that would be awesome!

Wright officially starting and Ender is reinstated from assignment. Wilson and Ynoa sent down.

Ender starting in CF, Acuna to LF and Riley to the bench for this evening.

Malachore and LouDog like this

Big series. Need to cool down the Nats. I’m liking the lineup. Riley became a black hole but he’s a rookie taking his lumps. 

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Big series. Need to cool down the Nats. I’m liking the lineup. Riley became a black hole but he’s a rookie taking his lumps. 

Was wondering where you went.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Was wondering where you went.

What’s up dude. I was banished to purgatory for a spell. Back in the saddle again. 

Malachore likes this

Gausman said he'll feature more than 2 pitches on Sunday. During his dominant rehab assignment he focused on his slider and cutter.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gausman said he'll feature more than 2 pitches on Sunday. During his dominant rehab assignment he focused on his slider and cutter.

He's starting for ATL Sunday?