SoCalFalconFan

Julio Hinting at New Contract

75 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You think Blank slipped them a little hush money under the table? Id be cool with that as long as Julio actually honors his next contract and stop wanting more money every year 

They don’t need to do that. Just have Julio start a supplements company 

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

This. No WR will ever be worth 20M/yr at 34. Ever 

No WR has ever produced a career like Julios so far, ever. 

He

isnt 

Normal

thus, he shouldn’t be treated like it.

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

No WR has ever produced a career like Julios so far, ever. 

He

isnt 

Normal

thus, he shouldn’t be treated like it.

But he is though. Thinking he won’t age like normal humans is foolish 

Julio agreement is probably in place. They are waiting as to not take spotlight from Debo. They are in no rush. Maybe Monday is a good day to announce. 

But he is though. Thinking he won’t age like normal humans is foolish 

You never know. Julio could land anywhere between TO and Rice as far as production at an advanced age. Dude eats well and takes care of his body. He doesn’t eat beef during the season! Elite athletes will get injuries, it’s part of the game, but Julio is a genetic freak and could still be putting up 1400 yard seasons for the next 4 years and 1000 for years after. We won’t know until we see for ourselves. 

Flying Falcon likes this

I think Julio will get one of those contracts where its a "$20 million per contract". Where its probably a 16-18 million a year contract with incentives/milestones that make it the "potential" for a 20 million a year.

BTW... Any idea what the cap is now that Jones and Grady are signed? I'm curious to see whats available for Julio.

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

You never know. Julio could land anywhere between TO and Rice as far as production at an advanced age. Dude eats well and takes care of his body. He doesn’t eat beef during the season! Elite athletes will get injuries, it’s part of the game, but Julio is a genetic freak and could still be putting up 1400 yard seasons for the next 4 years and 1000 for years after. We won’t know until we see for ourselves. 

Exactly. He “could”. You don’t pay 20M/yr for “could” 

9 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

His contract will be intelligently structured so if he does decline drastically he will be cut... you know, just like his previous contract, guaranteed money up front and little dead money towards the end... he doesn’t appear to be headed towards decline in the next three years, where all of the money will be. 

11 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

You can say that all you want, but he's gonna get his $20 mil per.  It is what it is.  I wish, he, Ryan, and the others would have all gotten together and said, we can make a mil or two less each, and win a few Super Bowls, but unfortunately that isn't how it works.  Everybody has to get the max they can.  

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Joey563 said:

I think Julio will get one of those contracts where its a "$20 million per contract". Where its probably a 16-18 million a year contract with incentives/milestones that make it the "potential" for a 20 million a year.

The contract will be back loaded.  We know that much.

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

His contract will be intelligently structured so if he does decline drastically he will be cut... you know, just like his previous contract, guaranteed money up front and little dead money towards the end... he doesn’t appear to be headed towards decline in the next three years, where all of the money will be. 

For sure. TD isn’t that dumb. I’m just saying we will not see a WR making 20M at 34 

13 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You think Blank slipped them a little hush money under the table? Id be cool with that as long as Julio actually honors his next contract and stop wanting more money every year 

There is no way of knowing if that sort of thing happens in professional sports. I can tell you if I were a billionaire owner and I wanted a winning team that I would probably be exploring ways of operating, at least marginally, under the table. 

That said, do I think Blank is doing it? Honestly, no. 

Literally every NFL contract is based on "could". Nobody can see the future. 

1989Fan likes this

You’re paying for “he could” every new contract, as nobody can predict the future. There are countless examples of both good and bad contracts proving this. 

19 minutes ago, jidady said:

Literally every NFL contract is based on "could". Nobody can see the future. 

Beat me to it..

jidady likes this

19 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

This. No WR will ever be worth 20M/yr at 34. Ever 

Probably been said but I'm too lazy to read.

20 mil in 4 years isn't 20 mil now. Obviously would rather it be less but I think it will age better than most.

15 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

He wanted guranteed money. Stop acting like the second he signed his deal he wanted another.

He didn't get upset until the guranteed money was gone. Which means had he gotten hurt we could just drop him.

He wants security. Don't act like you wouldn't want the same.

athell, NeonDeion and Shelley#37 like this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

He wanted guranteed money. Stop acting like the second he signed his deal he wanted another.

He didn't get upset until the guranteed money was gone. Which means had he gotten hurt we could just drop him.

He wants security. Don't act like you wouldn't want the same.

^

Besides, this years extension has been known since last year.  None of this should be surprising.

Shelley#37 and Yo_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah he signed. We were just waiting for you to ask before we posted it.

Troll smh