SoCalFalconFan

Julio Hinting at New Contract

75 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think Debo & Julio had deals in place for a few weeks.  Just contingent upon Grady’s deal getting finalized

Julio is getting 5 years, 100 million IMO

QB numbers.

But Jo ya gonna call? So glad to have a HOF receiver.

SoCalFalconFan likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think Debo & Julio had deals in place for a few weeks.  Just contingent upon Grady’s deal getting finalized

Yeah possibly - all this didn’t come together in 24 hours for sure.

Agree with Julio numbers.  Doubt that will be a good contract for Falcons because paying Julio $20mm/yr when he is 34 and 35yrs old will probably be a brutal overpay if he is in decline.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Agree with Julio numbers.  Doubt that will be a good contract for Falcons because paying Julio $20mm/yr when he is 34 and 35yrs old will probably be a brutal overpay if he is in decline.

I agree.  2 years younger & 100 million is more palatable. 

But with Debo front loading a bit, his APY will only be 9 million for the next 4 years.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What do you think we are looking at as far as guaranteed money on this contract? $50mm?

26 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He’s way too old to get 5 years as a receiver. That would be a mistake 

10 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

What do you think we are looking at as far as guaranteed money on this contract? $50mm?

I think Arthur is fairly stubborn - if Julio doesn't want to retire before his contract is up, I doubt the Falcons would cut Julio or ask him to take a paycut, either.

I'm fairly certain w/ Julio - regardless of what the guaranteed money says - Falcons will probably pay Julio every penny of the contract he signs - whether he is still producing at a high level or not.

I just think Blank has Julio and Matt on a different pedestal than every other player - rightfully so.    Now, is not cutting Julio at the end of his contract smart financially or from a football business standpoint?   probably not a good move but.....Arthur's word is...

Related image

Related image

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think Arthur is fairly stubborn - if Julio doesn't want to retire before his contract is up, I doubt the Falcons would cut Julio or ask him to take a paycut, either.

I'm fairly certain w/ Julio - regardless of what the guaranteed money says - Falcons will probably pay Julio every penny of the contract he signs - whether he is still producing at a high level or not.

I just think Blank has Julio and Matt on a different pedestal than every other player - rightfully so.    Now, is not cutting Julio at the end of his contract smart financially or from a football business standpoint?   probably not a good move but.....Arthur's word is...

Related image

Related image

You are probably right, brother. You almost can't blame Arthur, though. After going through that whole Vick mess he has to be elated to be writing checks to guys like Matt and Julio. And one thing about him, and you said it... that dude is a man of his word. 

Julio will get paid.  Luckily, I think Julio respects Blank enough to not ask for more than he's worth.  Blank is being fair and honest, and Julio is riding in the man's jet.  So I see this as 4 years $75M.

LouDog and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

This. No WR will ever be worth 20M/yr at 34. Ever 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I agree, i think the delay on announcing them is just to fire up camp.

They've been working on Julio's deal for like 2 years now.

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Man, how I’ve missed these daily Julio contract threads!

DON'T YOU SEE?!!! WE ARE OVERPAYING JULIO IN ALL OF THESE IMAGINARY CONTRACTS!!!!!

THE FALCONS ARE SO SCREWED!!!!!

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Idk if Julio will ever be content with a contract.. Thats what irritates me

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

3 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

What do you think Julio's contract numbers will look like? I'm sure at least $20 mill per season. 

Whatever it is he's worth it. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Its not that for me.. I just wish he'll sign a contract hes happy with, show up amd and play ball.. Whatever it takes, give it to him this time so we're not doing this with him again next season 

2 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

You are probably right, brother. You almost can't blame Arthur, though. After going through that whole Vick mess he has to be elated to be writing checks to guys like Matt and Julio. And one thing about him, and you said it... that dude is a man of his word. 

I'm sure he got more than his share out of Vick financially. It's why Vick got his last contract amount. He just didn't get the multiple he targeted.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

You have to admit, though, the Jones boys cruisin’ on Blank’s jet together, with Debo’s contract already being reported... is a good sign. 

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Related image

Related image

That’s why Artie needs to stay out of it and let TD deal with it

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

You have to admit, though, the Jones boys cruisin’ on Blank’s jet together, with Debo’s contract already being reported... is a good sign. 

You think Blank slipped them a little hush money under the table? Id be cool with that as long as Julio actually honors his next contract and stop wanting more money every year