Falcons Fan MVP

How many Lombardi's do you predict Matt Ryan will win for the Falcons before he retires?

120 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Didn’t they have like 6 sacks and int last game against us?

edit I checked, it was 3 fumbles too 

Calvin Ridley absolutely TORCHED them week 3. The Saints defense is always a question mark even though they played well the last 2 seasons. Our defense is suspect also most of the time.

4 hours ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

It's this season for sure,  can't say for sure about the next one because I don't know who will be playing then. I know we have the most potent offense in the NFL. I know Ryan can put up numbers, I know we have a better D than last season (so far fingers crossed). Our schedule isn't that tough, I only worry about he Saints, they have the pieces as well.

The offensive line should be stacked the next 2 seasons. I project them to draft defensive line in the first 2 rounds next year or go after a free agent pass rusher. Sanu and Beasley will probably be gone. Gage will probably replace Sanu. Freeman is a big ?. 2020 team probably should be better than 2019 team because they will have had more time to gel.

7 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Judging off that stretch of time is kinda ridiculous. That’s like saying because the falcons haven’t won a ring, they never will. 

Never said they never will draft one. I said the likelihood they draft a QB as good as Brees when he retires is minute. Your comparison is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Never said they never will draft one. I said the likelihood they draft a QB as good as Brees when he retires is minute. Your comparison is ridiculous.

That’s this fanbases worst problem, downplaying the enemy and celebrating too early 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Checkers not.chess.

Playing the long game, are we?!

:lol:

11 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He only needs one ring to cement his legacy. This fan base only needs one to erase many decades of pain. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

One would be enough. 

One is enough but I have to honestly say after getting that first one, the greed starts to set in and you definitely want more.

5 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Didn’t they have like 6 sacks and int last game against us?

edit I checked, it was 3 fumbles too 

Indeed so. In the last 4 games against y'all, we've gotten to Ryan 15 times, hit him an additional 35 times, picked him off 5 times, forced 3 fumbles.

If that's suspect, then sign me up.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Playing the long game, are we?!

:lol:

One is enough but I have to honestly say after getting that first one, the greed starts to set in and you definitely want more.

Indeed so. In the last 4 games against y'all, we've gotten to Ryan 15 times, hit him an additional 35 times, picked him off 5 times, forced 3 fumbles.

If that's suspect, then sign me up.

Team slogan.is. " and now we play the waiting game"

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Team slogan.is. " and now we play the waiting game"

Man, that's certainly a lot better than "Rise Up", but going to be a ***** to chant in unison. :lol:

Edited by Iron Saint
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

15 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Man, that's certainly a lot better than "Rise Up", but going to be a ***** to chant in unison. :lol:

Don't like rise up, or who dat. If I.were.in.charge the chant would be "his name was Robert Paulsen" 

I don't like the name New Orlean Saints. What's the deal with the name? Is there a connection? Don't like Giants, Titans, or.even Falcons. James should include state history. What's the reason they chose.Saints? 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Don't like rise up, or who dat. If I.were.in.charge the chant would be "his name was Robert Paulsen" 

I don't like the name New Orlean Saints. What's the deal with the name? Is there a connection? Don't like Giants, Titans, or.even Falcons. Names should include state history. What's the reason they chose.Saints? 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

26 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I don't like the name New Orlean Saints. What's the deal with the name? Is there a connection? Don't like Giants, Titans, or.even Falcons. Names should include state history. What's the reason they chose.Saints? 

Well it's really a combination of a few things:

1. New Orleans'  most notorious jazz song, "When the Saints Go Marching In" was the main aspect
  2. Additionally, the City of New Orleans was officially awarded our expansion franchise on November 1st, 1966, which is known as "All Saints Day" in the Catholic faith
  3. Since New Orleans has a strong Catholic faith due to it's French ties, it was a natural fit along with the song and the franchise's official birthday. Dave Dixon, who was the creator of the Superdome, also officially cleared the name with the then-Archbishop of New Orleans who concurred it was a good choice and not sacrilegious

I would say that ours, along with the 49ers, the Steelers, the then-Oilers, and maybe the Patriots, have the team names that are most tied to the regions they represent.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, Iron Saint said:

Possibly one, maybe none. We’re inching closer and closer back so it’s possible. I have a feeling if we get the 2nd one this year, he may retire, but at the same time he might want try for back-to-back with how competitive he is and with the supporting cast he currently has. 

IMO if saints dont win it this year, they wont with Brees.

On the previous note, I see us winning 2 or 3, at least 1 in next 2 years, and then 1 or 2 to end out MR career Elway style

Vandy likes this

9 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

IMO if saints dont win it this year, they wont with Brees.

Maybe not, but still a much more likely chance with Brees than the uncertainty without.

22 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Clever.  How's that working out for you, being clever?

3 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Maybe not, but still a much more likely chance with Brees than the uncertainty without.

Are you worried about your offensive line? I heard you guys lost a center or a couple of pieces on the line?

16 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I agree, Brees ABSOLUTELY gives them the best chance to win, but I honestly do see once he's done, whoever is behind him is gonna have a HUGE gap to try and close.  Bridgewater could very well be his successor or maybe Hill (IMHO TB would be a much better fit) but it's not going to be Brees and that will change this team for the immediate and foreseeable future.  They are getting pieces in place such as kamara and Thomas, and should be able to save massive money getting one of them in there once Brees hangs it up, but it probably won't last forever with contracts these days and new CBA coming up shortly.  This team is tailored for Brees to win here now, and if they should not win, I just see a whole scheme change once they switch signal callers.  

But in agreement, YES, Brees gives them the best chance to win it all, but I see it as with Brees looking like a shell of his former self, and even with indications that they are going to be a team less dependent on him throwing so much, he seems to be trending downwards, whether it's due to age or scheme.  So, THIS year is their best chance even if he plays another 3 years.

But don't worry, we Falcons fans are going to do all we can to assure that doesn't happen in any of those years.  LOL

Iron Saint likes this

18 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Are you worried about your offensive line? I heard you guys lost a center or a couple of pieces on the line?

Eh, just Unger retired. Armstead, Peat, Warford, and Ramczyk will all be back. I am slightly concerned about it, since it is the center position after all, however not as concerned with it as I would be had we not addressed it in the draft or free agency (which we did both).

Nick Easton was picked up during free agency and signed to what looks like a large deal, however he's making peanuts this year. He has experience in playing G and C, which is super helpful as if he doesn't win the starting C role, he'll be our 6th OL on run-heavy packages and if Armstead is to go down and Peat kicks over to LT, Easton will slide right in at LG.

We then doubled down on the center position and the team feels like Erik McCoy was the best center in the draft by a long shot and we're lucky he fell as far as he did. I believe he'll end up winning the job outright before the 3rd preseason game which wouldn't be that surprising considering he's only given up one sack in his 3 seasons at Texas A&M.

It sucks we lost an offensive captain with the experience and chemistry with Brees that Unger provided, however we do feel we have the players we need at the position to continue our success with minimal to no drop-off.

6 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I agree, Brees ABSOLUTELY gives them the best chance to win, but I honestly do see once he's done, whoever is behind him is gonna have a HUGE gap to try and close.  Bridgewater could very well be his successor or maybe Hill (IMHO TB would be a much better fit) but it's not going to be Brees and that will change this team for the immediate and foreseeable future.  They are getting pieces in place such as kamara and Thomas, and should be able to save massive money getting one of them in there once Brees hangs it up, but it probably won't last forever with contracts these days and new CBA coming up shortly.  This team is tailored for Brees to win here now, and if they should not win, I just see a whole scheme change once they switch signal callers.  

But in agreement, YES, Brees gives them the best chance to win it all, but I see it as with Brees looking like a shell of his former self, and even with indications that they are going to be a team less dependent on him throwing so much, he seems to be trending downwards, whether it's due to age or scheme.  So, THIS year is their best chance even if he plays another 3 years.

But don't worry, we Falcons fans are going to do all we can to assure that doesn't happen in any of those years.  LOL

Completely agree with your first sentence. No matter if it's Bridgewater or Hill, I honestly feel sorry for the QB that's going to assume the reins after Brees because the probability that they live up to all the expectations and criticisms that will come with the territory of succeeding an unquestioned 1st-ballot Hall-of-Fame, and all-time positional great is astronomical to say the least.

The subsequent section of him being a shell of himself I don't necessarily agree with though. Yes, his performance in December last year did raise a few eyebrows, however I'll truly get concerned when he starts throwing a boatload of interceptions and his completion % drops to about 60%. That's when I feel we'll know the ride is truly over.

And y'all can certainly try, I wouldn't expect it any other way! We'll continue trying to prevent Ryan from getting that first one too. B)

On 7/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This thread requires pure speculation but it is fun because 10 years or so from now when Matt Ryan retires we can look back and see just how right or close to being right we were. When Matt Ryan retires (probably 8 or 9 years from now) How many championships do you think he will have won for the Falcons? I predict that the Falcons will win one championship before Matt Ryan retires. I predict it will either happen this season or next season. I am very tempted to say 2 championships but one is the most likely because so many things have to go your way. I do think there is a good possibility the Falcons could be the team to beat in the NFL when Brady and Brees retires so there should be lots of good opportunities for the Falcons to win 1-2 championships before MR2 retires. What's your guys predictions? Just take a shot. Take some time to think about if you want. But 10 years from now we can look back and see if we were correct. 

I am being optimistic.  3,,,, 2 more soon and another where the defense carries us.

Vandy and Falcons Fan MVP like this

Im with most of yall,  2 and then he'll ride off into the sunset and then we'll wait a couple years and get one of the ice cubes at QB.