Falcons Fan MVP

How many Lombardi's do you predict Matt Ryan will win for the Falcons before he retires?

120 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Let's be realistic negative zero. This franchise is honest to God cursed for whatever we did. We literally were close enough to lick the trophy last time. 

Apparently not as cursed as the Vikings. 1998 NFC championship game.

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Apparently not as cursed as the Vikings. 1998 NFC championship game.

Didn't the vikings win it all though? I think before the SB era.

Posted (edited)

On 7/19/2019 at 2:25 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Will be easier once Brees.retires. If he ever does.

Not really. Their coach can pick offensive players really well. They will just have more cap and youth and arm strength.  Dont let them go Manning to Luck or Farve to Rodgers or better. 

People thought it was over when we lost Vick, just to get Ryan

Edited by ButSkiuup

21 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Nope, lost three SB I believe and no NFL champs

Osiruz likes this

8 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

Not really. Their coach can pick offensive players really well. They will just have more cap and youth and arm strength.  Dont let them go Manning to Luck or Farve to Rodgers or better. 

Im not.scared of Bridgewater at all. 

Osiruz likes this

6 hours ago, Osiruz said:

No. They lost to the Chiefs. I admit our history is pretty bad but this is a good time to be a football fan if you are a Falcons fan.

Vandy likes this

6 hours ago, ButSkiuup said:

Thank God their defense is suspect.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:25 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Will be easier once Brees.retires. If he ever does.

:tiphat:

This division just beats the **** out of each other every single year. :lol:

22 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We are WAY more talented than the Seahawks right now. And we have Dan Quinn still.

That's a bit of a stretch. Between 2012-2015, the Seahawks had the #1 scoring defense four years in a row. In 2013 and 2014 they had the #1 defense in points and yards. The other two years (2012 and 2015), they were also 4th and 2nd in yards. So they literally had a top-5 defense in yards and points four consecutive years. Their offense was seemed slightly mediocre, but they were also top-10 in scoring all four years and were top-10 in yards in 2014 and 2015 too.

Since Quinn arrived in Atlanta, y'all have had a top-10 offense in yards all four years and top-10 in points in 2016 and 2018 (most impressively going #1 in points and #2 in yards in 2016). However the defense has largely been weighing y'all down (like ours was in the 7-9 seasons), only having one top-10 unit and one unit in the top-half the league. Forcing Ryan to shoulder that load by dragging the defense to 7-wins gets to be a burden.

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Im not.scared of Bridgewater at all. 

Y'all 0-2 against Bridgewater though. :ninja:

Yes, I know he didn't do much in those games, only poking fun.

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Hey now, we've been average to above-average the last two years.

PUT SUM RESPEKT ON IT! :argh::D

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

That's a bit of a stretch. Between 2012-2015, the Seahawks had the #1 scoring defense four years in a row. In 2013 and 2014 they had the #1 defense in points and yards. The other two years (2012 and 2015), they were also 4th and 2nd in yards. So they literally had a top-5 defense in yards and points four consecutive years. Their offense was seemed slightly mediocre, but they were also top-10 in scoring all four years and were top-10 in yards in 2014 and 2015 too.

Since Quinn arrived in Atlanta, y'all have had a top-10 offense in yards all four years and top-10 in points in 2016 and 2018 (most impressively going #1 in points and #2 in yards in 2016). However the defense has largely been weighing y'all down (like ours was in the 7-9 seasons), only having one top-10 unit and one unit in the top-half the league. Forcing Ryan to shoulder that load by dragging the defense to 7-wins gets to be a burden.

You’re one of my favorite poster.  That made me throw up just a little...

Iron Saint likes this

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

We lost those to sucker the saints into trading for him

Iron Saint likes this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

And they haven't actually drafted a franchise QB since.... Hebert?Archie? When Brees retires they will go back to Buccs territory.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

3 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

You’re one of my favorite poster.  That made me throw up just a little...

Whoops, I'll get the mop bucket and some Pepto-Bismol.

And why thank you! You're certainly my favorite giant monster that destroys Tokyo. :D

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We lost those to sucker the saints into trading for him

DAGNABBIT, WE'VE BEEN HAD! :argh:

:lol:

3 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Whoops, I'll get the mop bucket and some Pepto-Bismol.

And why thank you! You're certainly my favorite giant monster that destroys Tokyo. :D

DAGNABBIT, WE'VE BEEN HAD! :argh:

:lol:

Checkers not.chess.

Iron Saint likes this

He only needs one ring to cement his legacy. This fan base only needs one to erase many decades of pain. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

One would be enough. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

And they haven't actually drafted a franchise QB since.... Hebert?Archie? When Brees retires they will go back to Buccs territory.

Judging off that stretch of time is kinda ridiculous. That’s like saying because the falcons haven’t won a ring, they never will. 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Either this season or next I think.

It's this season for sure,  can't say for sure about the next one because I don't know who will be playing then. I know we have the most potent offense in the NFL. I know Ryan can put up numbers, I know we have a better D than last season (so far fingers crossed). Our schedule isn't that tough, I only worry about he Saints, they have the pieces as well.

Iron Saint likes this

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Didn’t they have like 6 sacks and int last game against us?

edit I checked, it was 3 fumbles too 

Edited by ButSkiuup
Iron Saint likes this

0 ... Ryan will go down as a qb that was always lacking that one thing that would have gotten him over the hump (offensive line, defense, coaching, etc)