Goober Pyle

Signed Deion Jones: 4 year extension

150 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I read somewhere it was 10 million.

It was around 12 million, but we added an extra 9 million onto Debo’s 2019 CAP hit so we are a little over 2 million now

xSICKxWITHxITx likes this

36 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Sometimes players don’t want to sign early. They gamble that they can increase their value and maximize their contract

I know.... I'm saying it's smart for teams to do tho..... if that player is your guy

The beauty of front loading a bit here is you’re only left owing Debo 9 million/year starting next year.  He will “appear” to be very underpaid.

Dont pull a Julio and say you’re underpaid right away, Debo.  You’re getting some money early...lol 

Ergo Proxy likes this

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I know.... I'm saying it's smart for teams to do tho..... if that player is your guy

Miles Jack, Bobby Wagner, Jaylon Smith and Shaq Thompson are all free agents after this year. It was good to get in front of all of those guys.

Ergo Proxy and atljbo like this

Welp. Got our two best defensive player locked up for the next 4 years without crippling our cap space. Not a bad week. TD looking better every year.

2 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Welp. Got our two best defensive player locked up for the next 4 years without crippling our cap space. Not a bad week. TD looking better every year.

He’s not a 2 time executive of the year for nothing

Vandy, NeonDeion, mikeg272 and 2 others like this