Tim Mazetti

Julio Still Productive In Seven Years? T.O. Did it.

40 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

He was injured last year and still had the second most yards of his career. Other than when he rebroke his foot and missing a few games here and there due to his toe, when has he really missed games due to injury? I played years reinjuring my ankle and hammies yet I’m 42 still balling like a late 20 year old in FF. It’s not that simple. We really don’t know.  People don’t realize how strong he is for his size and that puts stress on his body but he’s not having Todd Gurley like issues or even slowing down when others would have shown some decline. Julio will still be a threat at 37. He’s not that injury prone. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the "he'll be great at 37 seems like Kool Aid drinking".  Love the guy, but if he's great until he's 34, than we have gotten lucky.  Good after that would be great.  I don't think ANY WR will be great at 37.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but the "he'll be great at 37 seems like Kool Aid drinking".  Love the guy, but if he's great until he's 34, than we have gotten lucky.  Good after that would be great.  I don't think ANY WR will be great at 37.

Threat = great? That’s not what my thesaurus says. That’s not even what I said. 

Edited by droopy1592
Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

He was injured last year and still had the second most yards of his career. Other than when he rebroke his foot and missing a few games here and there due to his toe, when has he really missed games due to injury? I played years reinjuring my ankle and hammies yet I’m 42 still balling like a late 20 year old in FF. It’s not that simple. We really don’t know.  People don’t realize how strong he is for his size and that puts stress on his body but he’s not having Todd Gurley like issues or even slowing down when others would have shown some decline. Julio will still be a threat at 37. He’s not that injury prone. 

I disagree, I think his foot issues will do in his effective NFL career by age 34

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I disagree, I think his foot issues will do in his effective NFL career by age 34

How many games has he missed due to "foot issues" and when was the last time he missed a game due to "foot issues".  I'll wait.

41 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Make a wager then 

He won't.  He's just a troll.  Not even an endearing gimmick either, pretty sad.

Yo_Lover likes this

Yeah hopefully Julio is able to get onto a contender in the next 7 years, he deserves a ring :tiphat:

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

Make a wager then 

I wager that no one will give a **** about a stupid bet like that in 5-7 years which is how long it would take to know for sure.

I disagree with you, you can deal with it

ButSkiuup likes this

5 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Threat = great? That’s not what my thesaurus says. That’s not even what I said. 

You can back off all you want, but I think we both know you weren't using threat to say he'll be "Ok".  Saying that threat doesn't equal great, doesn't explain anything about what your true intentions for using that term were.  Fact is, if he is just simply average at 37, that would be a boon. My bet is he'll be great for 3 - 4 more years, and then he will start to decline rapidly.  

52 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I wager that no one will give a **** about a stupid bet like that in 5-7 years which is how long it would take to know for sure.

Cop-out 

Yo_Lover likes this

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

TO's feet weren't held together with rivets and Legos though.  

Jones' wheels won't be able to make it that long I'm afraid.  He plays hurt a lot as it is, I can't see him enduring that many more years at a high enough level.  

Dude hasn't had an issue in years.

Also one screw = rivets and Legos?

Looolll

athell likes this

56 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

So what I'm hearing is you're so broke you couldn't even pay off a bet you made 5-7 years in advance?

athell likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You can back off all you want, but I think we both know you weren't using threat to say he'll be "Ok".  Saying that threat doesn't equal great, doesn't explain anything about what your true intentions for using that term were.  Fact is, if he is just simply average at 37, that would be a boon. My bet is he'll be great for 3 - 4 more years, and then he will start to decline rapidly.  

Let me get this straight... you not only misquote me by using a totally unrelated word, but then after I correct you, you say I’m backing off of my original statement because I corrected you? I meant want I said and that never changed. You just made two false statements in two posts and you probably think you got your point across. LoL, you’re not as smart as you think you are. You can disagree but you can leave the lying out of it. Put the bottle down. People like you make this place unbearable at times. Have a discussion and at least have some honor. 

Edited by droopy1592

17 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Definitely. Tuggle and Mike Kenn should be HOFers too, but sadly they’ll likely never get in. 

Tuggle was amazing, on some really bad defensive teams torched by SF. Would bet that Rice has all career best totals down the line against ATL