Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thesouphead

F Rand Paul

16 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I can understand where Rand Paul is coming from.  $7 billion has already been paid out to victims.  His stance is that we shouldn't be spending any more as the budget has been upside down for years.  

Perhaps more can be raised via charity and not via the taxpayers / budget.  

Maybe he shouldn't have voted for the tax cuts if he was really concerned about fiscal responsibility with our continually ballooning deficit.  Or maybe this was just virtue signaling.

27 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Tax cuts are working.  Economy is doing very well.  Revenues should follow in the coming years.

So then funding the 9/11 victims should be no problem, right? 

Just now, The Legendary SB said:

Boo hoo, cry me a river Jon Stewart.

The federal government has already paid out $7 billion.  

Now PG do your part and donate to 9/11 charities.  Jon Stewart should too.  How much has he given to 9/11 charities? 

Have you?

"They’re opportunists, they’re bottom feeders."

"No one is going to vote for their amendments. No one likes them. Their colleagues don’t like them. I’m sure their own families don’t like them."

"We aren’t begging for anything. They work for us. They should be begging for our forgiveness for being ******** for 15 years."

GranularResponsibleAquaticleech-size_res

1 minute ago, The Legendary SB said:

Not since 2001 and 2002.

But I'm not the one crying on national TV demanding that the government take money out of taxpayers' pocket to give even more money to 9/11 victims (ie...more than $7 billion).  

If he's that emotional about it where are the "Benjamins"?  How much has he donated?

Sounds like charity isn't very effective then.

Jon Stewart:  Boohoo I want to give to charity with other people's money!

Typical liberal logic.

He's rich, he needs to pony up and contribute to 9/11 charities and stop being a hypocrite.  

This is a pretty good distillation of libertarianism:

More concerned about yourself than funding a program designed to help 9/11 first responders and saying people who wanted it funded are hypocrites for not donating to charities that you yourself have not donated to in decades.

******* scumbags.

Well I think people that force people to pay for other people's **** at gunpoint are scumbags.  

Once again agree to disagree.

"Boohoo I don't want to help these people and you can't make me!"

I'm not a victim here.

I just think charity should be handled by charity.  Not the government.  

They're clearly not working if they need this program. The "charity will fix this" people aren't helping if they haven't donated in decades.

You just want them out of mind so you don't have to deal with it. You'd prefer to just let them die than support them.