BirdFan33

Takk is so polarizing

133 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I think Takk needs to learn he’s a public figure now...

And at the very least Twitter rants can hurt your marketability.... in other words endorsement money.

its always about that paper...

Yeah the fans and players loving on Takk really hurts his marketability

athell likes this

12 minutes ago, athell said:

Not nearly as endearing though sadly.

Be a bust everyone loves. Got it :tiphat:

56 minutes ago, athell said:

I'll just say this about Takk, and with regards to me...I became a Falcon's fan in 1989 when they selected Deion Sanders.  I absolutely loved how brash he was, how much crap he talked, his confidence.  It greatly appealed to me so I have a natural pull to that type of player.  Roddy is my 2nd favorite Falcon ever.  There is a pattern.  Takk talks a crazy amount of noise and if I step back, I can see how that would be off putting to some.  I get that completely.  Some people just rub you the wrong way.

Takk though, he is going to give you all he has.  Every single play.  Which is more than I can say for Vic.  I hope they both ball out this year, because I truly think if they can take the step our defense is going to take a huge step.  But back to Takk, he is going to defend himself, defend his teammates, and nothing is going to change that.  This tweet exemplifies that.  Shefty took an unnecessary, passing swipe at Grady, and who stood up for Grady?  Takk.  I didn't see any other player do it, but Takk.  Now granted, some may see this response as childish but sometimes you use stuff like this to further highlight just how dumb some people and takes actually are and *I* believe that is Takk's game.

This is a very honest and genuine post.  A rarity on TATF cause it tells us a bit about you as a person. :tiphat:

Takk & Vic are putting down 10 or more sacks apiece in 2019.  

BirdFan33, athell and Vandy like this

59 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Doesn't bother me. I wish all pro athletes would do to the media what Takk,Durant,Lynch does. Troll em

Or just be who you are.  Be genuine and we will respect it.

I do believe this is genuine Takk.  

TheFatboi and Vandy like this

Brian Finneran might be the nicest guy I’ve ever met related to the Falcons organization. He does weirdly weigh his opinions on the current teams... sometimes harshly. What did he say about tak?  Do we know that?

24 minutes ago, athell said:

Apply that same logic to your posting...

Just post this when @ButSkiuup tries his hand at trolling.  It’s too bad, cause the few times he sticks to football it’s clear he has a very sharp mind.

35w1on.jpg

athell likes this

29 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

He isn’t good enough to run his mouth

I wouldn’t say that he is not good enough. Takk is a 7-8 sack per year guy with big mouth. Nothing special.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

True but in order to be a marketable bad boy you got to back it up on the field.

So far Takk hasn’t really done that. 

He had a good start last season but then.... poof.  He kind of dropped off the map.

Make plays 1st then go ham on Twitter. That’s when the $$ will start coming in.

That being said dude has every right to say what he wants.  I’m just saying if he wants to maximize his earning potential...

Or just be who you are at all times. Just keep the same energy no matter what. If you do that I have no issues with you. 

FalconsIn2020, Sun Tzu 7 and athell like this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I know it is because I’m from the bay. He acts like a Bay Area kid. He’s authentic Richmond. Lynch is authentic Oakland. 

Rough area bro. Not many know how tough it is in Oakland and East Bay.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Shooter Says said:

Yeah his twitter "rant" on Finneran the other day wasn't a good look. 

I enjoyed it as did many of the people cheering him on twitter. Just say YOU don't like it. It's more accurate.

Edited by Bunchy Carter

1 hour ago, athell said:

omg, if y'all can't appreciate Takk for what he brings with his personality it is an indictment on you and not him.  smdh

And if you side w/ Finneran...next

If you side w/ DLed...next

Takk is our new version of Roddy and I love it.

FACTS

athell likes this

1 hour ago, Alomar said:

That wasn't a rant at all! Takk has no clue who Brian Finneran is, and he expressed it on twitter! If I asked who the he!! is "Shooter Says", am I ranting about you?

Lol this is such a terrible argument. I didn't once play for the Falcons and have all my NFL stats readily available on Google. If he can't figure out how to find out who Finneran is via Google we have a bigger problem here.

18 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I enjoyed it as did many of the people cheering him on twitter. Just say YOU don't like it. It's more accurate.

More people didn't enjoy it if you actually look at the comments to the tweet. I stand by my original statement. 

He's a young man who is entitled to his own opinions, personality, etc. 

There is nothing "polarizing" about him. I'd suggest the "polarizing" forces rest in other people, not him. Don't like what he has to say? Don't listen. It's pretty simple. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Or just be who you are.  Be genuine and we will respect it.

I do believe this is genuine Takk.  

That's why I named KD,Beastmode,Takk. They are just being who they are. Most of your professional athletes I been around hated the media obligations 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

20 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's a young man who is entitled to his own opinions, personality, etc. 

There is nothing "polarizing" about him. I'd suggest the "polarizing" forces rest in other people, not him. Don't like what he has to say? Don't listen. It's pretty simple. 

The people defending him are all-in and like the way he presents himself. The others just want him to reel it in, so no distractions can come of it. We all want him to succeed, I just think some would prefer he act like an adult. He’s a public figure now and some of the stuff he’s doing is pretty ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, caponine said:

He’s a great player no doubt but his antics the past few years have been well documented. The team could eventually ask him to delete social media. 

Great... maybe he can be

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Why? They never asked Roddy

Didn't they approach him though if I'm not mistaken , 

4 hours ago, athell said:

Why does the media get a pass for their crap but Takk doesn't?  You want professional responses, act professional.

Agree 1000%

Media gets to say whatever, whenever, however they want. Why it's an issue when a player objects to that treatment as often as they get it is beyond me. They get slandered on Social Media, and on TV so it has to get to you at some point. Some guys just troll back, I am with the energy exchange.

athell likes this