BirdFan33

Takk is so polarizing

133 posts in this topic

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

No but I think it has something to do with them being critical and/or making inflammatory comments.

Thats their job these days.

Is it ever a good idea for a public figure to get into a shouting match with the media?  Ultimately it’s a distraction that accomplishes nothing .

Who cares?  Pro athletes are getting more and more vocal with the media, and it's a great thing.  There is some absolute garbage in the media that deserves to be challenged with their shock jock takes.  Takk is doing just that.  Why does the media get a pass for their crap but Takk doesn't?  You want professional responses, act professional.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Bad press is still press, and going off the replies...this is not hurting his marketability at all.  If anything, his persona is growing with the fanbase and other players.

True but in order to be a marketable bad boy you got to back it up on the field.

So far Takk hasn’t really done that. 

He had a good start last season but then.... poof.  He kind of dropped off the map.

Make plays 1st then go ham on Twitter. That’s when the $$ will start coming in.

That being said dude has every right to say what he wants.  I’m just saying if he wants to maximize his earning potential...

athell and JD dirtybird21 like this

Curious what you think he really is as a player.  To me, he is a dawg.  The sparkplug this defense desperately needs.  Debo is the captain.  Neal is the enforcer.  Rico is the leader.  Takk is that dude that is going to give you max energy every single play and fire people up with his level of intensity.

He hasn't been bad either...he has lead the Falcons in sacks while here (granted a low bar to clear)...but I like him.

I don’t question the energy or effort. I know that’s there and I like it. I just want to see better production. He tweeted earlier this offseason that he would “easily get 10+ sacks.” So go do it man. I want the 1st round pick to be more than just a role player. 

@Knight of God has some great points on him 

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

True but in order to be a marketable bad boy you got to back it up on the field.

So far Takk hasn’t really done that. 

He had a good start last season but then.... poof.  He kind of dropped off the map.

Make plays 1st then go ham on Twitter. That’s when the $$ will start coming in.

That being said dude has every right to say what he wants.  I’m just saying if he wants to maximize his earning potential...

I get it, but this thread (I thought) wasn't about the on field production (of which he leads the team in sacks since his draft) and more about him as a polarizing figure which to be honest, started the night he was drafted with the pic of his grammy.

If Takk wants to maximize his earning potential, he just needs to produce on the field though which is where that comes in.  You can be beyond spectrum levels of crazy, but if you produce, you will get paid handsomely.

PokerSteve and FalconsIn2020 like this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t question the energy or effort. I know that’s there and I like it. I just want to see better production. He tweeted earlier this offseason that he would “easily get 10+ sacks.” So go do it man. I want the 1st round pick to be more than just a role player. 

@Knight of God has some great points on him 

Agreed.  KoG hates Takk though, fwiw.  He would rather roll with Vic than Takk.  Which...to each their own...but there is a bias.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Who cares?  Pro athletes are getting more and more vocal with the media, and it's a great thing.  There is some absolute garbage in the media that deserves to be challenged with their shock jock takes.  Takk is doing just that.  Why does the media get a pass for their crap but Takk doesn't?  You want professional responses, act professional.

It’s like getting into a shouting match with a toddler.

His responses just validate those people.

Better to play the ‘who are you’ game.

At a national level most people aren’t familiar with these people.

Takk is helping them... He’s playing their game and helping increase their brand.

athell likes this

14 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I know this has been labeled a rant, but I would not call it that.  This was fake news IMHO.  The post was not a good one.  Takk's choice of words, something like WTF is Finneran instead of just saying I do not know who he is, was a poor choice.  But, considering that a portion of society speaks that way with no harm intended, whether we like that or not, speaks to Takk's environment, not his attitude or opinion of Finneran.  We all heard his choice of words on draft day, and many applauded his fire and emotion.  Everything was good at that point if he could produce on the field.  While Takk does need to bring his game to a higher level to make fans happy, his manner of speaking has not changed.

For me, the person who falsely labeled this a rant is guilty of doing the greater harm.

You said it yourself, the post was not a good one. Call it a rant, a bad post, I don't really care what you want to label it. But taking public shots at a former Falcons player is a bad look and doing more "harm" then me or the average joe labeling it a rant on social media.

Just now, athell said:

I get it, but this thread (I thought) wasn't about the on field production (of which he leads the team in sacks since his draft) and more about him as a polarizing figure which to be honest, started the night he was drafted with the pic of his grammy.

If Takk wants to maximize his earning potential, he just needs to produce on the field though which is where that comes in.  You can be beyond spectrum levels of crazy, but if you produce, you will get paid handsomely.

Well said. He needs to bridge that gap. I think he will. I think he will have double digit sacks this year. Then all the sudden, the crazy becomes endearing 

athell likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Takk is Takk.

As long as he’s true to himself that’s cool with me.

I just hope he’s smart about it.  Like I said earlier about helping DLed and Finn increase their brands and putting money into their pocket as opposed to his own.

FalconsIn2020 and athell like this

Just now, BirdFan33 said:

Well said. He needs to bridge that gap. I think he will. I think he will have double digit sacks this year. Then all the sudden, the crazy becomes endearing 

I hope man, I really hope.  This defense is longing for some edge pressure...

PokerSteve likes this

I hope man, I really hope.  This defense is longing for some edge pressure...

Agreed. I would give my opinion on D-Led, but I have to see him too many times during the season. Not sure if he lurks here. 

athell likes this

If Finner-man wants to take shots at current players, he should be ready to take them right back...

I'll just say this about Takk, and with regards to me...I became a Falcon's fan in 1989 when they selected Deion Sanders.  I absolutely loved how brash he was, how much crap he talked, his confidence.  It greatly appealed to me so I have a natural pull to that type of player.  Roddy is my 2nd favorite Falcon ever.  There is a pattern.  Takk talks a crazy amount of noise and if I step back, I can see how that would be off putting to some.  I get that completely.  Some people just rub you the wrong way.

Takk though, he is going to give you all he has.  Every single play.  Which is more than I can say for Vic.  I hope they both ball out this year, because I truly think if they can take the step our defense is going to take a huge step.  But back to Takk, he is going to defend himself, defend his teammates, and nothing is going to change that.  This tweet exemplifies that.  Shefty took an unnecessary, passing swipe at Grady, and who stood up for Grady?  Takk.  I didn't see any other player do it, but Takk.  Now granted, some may see this response as childish but sometimes you use stuff like this to further highlight just how dumb some people and takes actually are and *I* believe that is Takk's game.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

54 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Yeah his twitter "rant" on Finneran the other day wasn't a good look. 

That wasn't a rant at all! Takk has no clue who Brian Finneran is, and he expressed it on twitter! If I asked who the he!! is "Shooter Says", am I ranting about you?

NaGaBoy likes this

46 minutes ago, athell said:

omg, if y'all can't appreciate Takk for what he brings with his personality it is an indictment on you and not him.  smdh

And if you side w/ Finneran...next

If you side w/ DLed...next

Takk is our new version of Roddy and I love it.

Same folks saying Matt (or other player) is a boring interview and toting the company line. Takk reminds me of an old school player, not interested in anything but doing his job and being great at it. He's driven and this is a part of how he drives himself. It amazes me how sensitive, lacking in understanding and judgmental many are. He may not reach the heights he hopes for but, one thing you can count on is we are going to get everything he has in trying to get there. 

athell likes this

I have zero problem with takk...  I feel like you need that fire plug on your team.

Dude has been a dope team mate, hasn't been a knuckle head getting arrested.

Just like he said something when he felt DLed ... He must've felt Finn said something sideways to him.

Haven't been a Finn fan for a min so I get it... But again.... No big deal

HASHBROWN3 and BirdFan33 like this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Apply that same logic to your posting...

Guess I’m a bust too :tiphat:

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

I know this has been labeled a rant, but I would not call it that.  This was fake news IMHO.  The post was not a good one.  Takk's choice of words, something like WTF is Finneran instead of just saying I do not know who he is, was a poor choice.  But, considering that a portion of society speaks that way with no harm intended, whether we like that or not, speaks to Takk's environment, not his attitude or opinion of Finneran.  We all heard his choice of words on draft day, and many applauded his fire and emotion.  Everything was good at that point if he could produce on the field.  While Takk does need to bring his game to a higher level to make fans happy, his manner of speaking has not changed.

For me, the person who falsely labeled this a rant is guilty of doing the greater harm.

He said "who TF is Brian Finneran".