BirdFan33

Takk is so polarizing

133 posts in this topic

I love the kids upside, but he is always trending for all the wrong reasons. He’s a bit of a headcase. It’s been a while since we had anyone on the roster that gave us these kinds of negative press. All I can say is, all if forgiven when the production is there, but he isn’t good enough yet to be acting this way. 

Atl Falcon and ButSkiuup like this

He’s a great player no doubt but his antics the past few years have been well documented. The team could eventually ask him to delete social media. 

7 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

I love the kids upside, but he is always trending for all the wrong reasons. He’s a bit of a headcase. It’s been a while since we had anyone on the roster that gave us these kinds of negative press. All I can say is, all if forgiven when the production is there, but he isn’t good enough yet to be acting this way. 

Takk > Beasley 

Atl Falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

For every bad tweet, just cherish the fact that the same lunacy led to him flying around the country carrying a framed picture of his grandma.

Lmao. Well said. 

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

For those of us who live in the dark or don't get on Twitter that much. Can you enlighten us on what he's saying?

I’ll see if I can find a screenshot. 

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Yeah his twitter "rant" on Finneran the other day wasn't a good look. 

I know this has been labeled a rant, but I would not call it that.  This was fake news IMHO.  The post was not a good one.  Takk's choice of words, something like WTF is Finneran instead of just saying I do not know who he is, was a poor choice.  But, considering that a portion of society speaks that way with no harm intended, whether we like that or not, speaks to Takk's environment, not his attitude or opinion of Finneran.  We all heard his choice of words on draft day, and many applauded his fire and emotion.  Everything was good at that point if he could produce on the field.  While Takk does need to bring his game to a higher level to make fans happy, his manner of speaking has not changed.

For me, the person who falsely labeled this a rant is guilty of doing the greater harm.

Edited by NaGaBoy
spelling
quickzero likes this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

omg, if y'all can't appreciate Takk for what he brings with his personality it is an indictment on you and not him.  smdh

And if you side w/ Finneran...next

If you side w/ DLed...next

Takk is our new version of Roddy and I love it.

He might be the new version of Roddy's personality. But I'd like to see more great play on the field over just trash talk on social media

1 minute ago, athell said:

omg, if y'all can't appreciate Takk for what he brings with his personality it is an indictment on you and not him.  smdh

And if you side w/ Finneran...next

If you side w/ DLed...next

Takk is our new version of Roddy and I love it.

Yeah, good call. I’m the one sending out these dumb s*** tweets, getting exposed for insulting women after being a scumbag on Instagram and acting like a mental patient. It has nothing to do with me. His “personality” screams red flags. If that craziness translated into production, then by all means. When you aren’t producing, you just look like a weirdo with a couple screws loose. 

Atl Falcon likes this

22 minutes ago, caponine said:

He’s a great player no doubt but his antics the past few years have been well documented. The team could eventually ask him to delete social media. 

Not sure I’d call him “great” just yet.

Still has a lot to prove when it comes to that.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He might be the new version of Roddy's personality. But I'd like to see more great play on the field over just trash talk on social media

I get what you are saying, but I do not think this was trash talk.  It is Takks poor ability to present himself.  I did not view his messages as a rant and Brian Finneran did not appear to view it as an attack, rant, or trash talk.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, but this is about him being polarizing.  Takk has been nothing but polarizing from draft night, agreed?

1 minute ago, BirdFan33 said:

Yeah, good call. I’m the one sending out these dumb s*** tweets, getting exposed for insulting women after being a scumbag on Instagram and acting like a mental patient. It has nothing to do with me. His “personality” screams red flags. If that craziness translated into production, then by all means. When you aren’t producing, you just look like a weirdo with a couple screws loose. 

Do you have ANY idea...like ANY clue...what has gone down with Finneran and DLed?

Or are you one of these stuffy dudes who wants their players to never speak, never show emotion, never have fun, and ONLY PLAY GRIND IT OUT FOOTBALL.

Also, he is a mental patient.  Literally...so yea.  Takk is a good dude.  He is young, 23 years old.  I forget though that this message boards hate people with confidence.  It triggers 80% of the fanbase here.

I think Takk needs to learn he’s a public figure now...

And at the very least Twitter rants can hurt your marketability.... in other words endorsement money.

its always about that paper...

Emmitt likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Yea, but this is about him being polarizing.  Takk has been nothing but polarizing from draft night, agreed?

Do you have ANY idea...like ANY clue...what has gone down with Finneran and DLed?

Or are you one of these stuffy dudes who wants their players to never speak, never show emotion, never have fun, and ONLY PLAY GRIND IT OUT FOOTBALL.

Also, he is a mental patient.  Literally...so yea.  Takk is a good dude.  He is young, 23 years old.  I forget though that this message boards hate people with confidence.  It triggers 80% of the fanbase here.

Agreed. And he is definitely polarizing. But I just think some fans lose sight of what Takk REALLY is as a player because of his polarizing attitude. You feel me?

athell likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I think Takk needs to learn he’s a public figure now...

And at the very least Twitter rants can hurt your marketability.... in other words endorsement money.

its always about that paper...

Bad press is still press, and going off the replies...this is not hurting his marketability at all.  If anything, his persona is growing with the fanbase and other players.

Yo_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

No but I think it has something to do with them being critical and/or making inflammatory comments.

Thats their job these days.

Is it ever a good idea for a public figure to get into a shouting match with the media?  Ultimately it’s a distraction that accomplishes nothing .

Flyin' In DC and Iron Saint like this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Agreed. And he is definitely polarizing. But I just think some fans lose sight of what Takk REALLY is as a player because of his polarizing attitude. You feel me?

Curious what you think he really is as a player.  To me, he is a dawg.  The sparkplug this defense desperately needs.  Debo is the captain.  Neal is the enforcer.  Rico is the leader.  Takk is that dude that is going to give you max energy every single play and fire people up with his level of intensity.

He hasn't been bad either...he has lead the Falcons in sacks while here (granted a low bar to clear)...but I like him.

JD dirtybird21 likes this