⚡Slumerican⚡

2 weeks to first game

49 posts in this topic

I'll watch it because I've never seen them play the HOF game. But I expect the important players to be pulled early. That includes Lindstrom and McGary. I think they get 2-3 drives and will be sat. I am excited though to see the rest of the draft picks, particularly Marcus Green. I hope they have plans for him. Haven't had a player like him in a long time, but is one of those guys that gives the league fits (a la Tyreek Hill, Tarik Cohen, Darren Sproles). He can line up in the backfield and be a threat on toss sweeps but also be a threat in space vs LBs. He can line up in the slot and be a threat on jet sweeps but also deep downfield. He allows for a TON of flexibility. 

I'll venture to say that on the offensive side of the ball, we won't see Ryan, Julio, Freeman, Sanu, Ridley, Mack, Matthews, Sambrailo and Hooper play at all.  Of the other O lineman, Lindstrom plays MAYBE a series.  Same for starters on Defensive side, none of established starters will get action.

Atl Falcon and Tim Mazetti like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, blutarski said:

I'll venture to say that on the offensive side of the ball, we won't see Ryan, Julio, Freeman, Sanu, Ridley, Mack, Matthews, Sambrailo and Hooper play at all.  Of the other O lineman, Lindstrom plays MAYBE a series.  Same for starters on Defensive side, none of established starters will get action.

They definitely will play a series. 

Edited by caponine
Iron Saint likes this

All eyes on Benkert.  He has been an offseason focus of the Falcons.  Guess he has made tremendous strides and Quinn said they are highlighting him specifically in pre season

Atl Falcon likes this

Guys may get a series but lately, in the HOF game, teams haven't been playing their primary guys any it seems.

The undrafted guys will get most of the playing time, but it's still Falcon's football.

PokerSteve likes this

7 minutes ago, caponine said:

They definitely will play a series. 

Who, the starters?  Or, you referring to the rookie O-lineman?

1 minute ago, blutarski said:

Who, the starters?  Or, you referring to the rookie O-lineman?

the starters 

1 hour ago, vel said:

I'll watch it because I've never seen them play the HOF game. But I expect the important players to be pulled early. That includes Lindstrom and McGary. I think they get 2-3 drives and will be sat. I am excited though to see the rest of the draft picks, particularly Marcus Green. I hope they have plans for him. Haven't had a player like him in a long time, but is one of those guys that gives the league fits (a la Tyreek Hill, Tarik Cohen, Darren Sproles). He can line up in the backfield and be a threat on toss sweeps but also be a threat in space vs LBs. He can line up in the slot and be a threat on jet sweeps but also deep downfield. He allows for a TON of flexibility. 

This guy has me curious as well

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

the starters 

I think it's 50/50 if they even put on pads.  Several starters, (primarily O-line) since that is where the competition lies this training camp will play.  On Defense, of the starters assumed, Foye, Kazee and Oliver could play, but everyone else I think sits.

vel and Tim Mazetti like this

Just now, blutarski said:

I think it's 50/50 if they even put on pads.  Several starters, (primarily O-line) since that is where the competition lies this training camp will play.  On Defense, of the starters assumed, Foye, Kazee and Oliver could play, but everyone else I think sits.

they are on national tv, free has not played in a year. Ryan Julio Ridley Mack will be wanting to show the world what this team can do when healthy, also cause its the first game that they will actually play in. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This guy has me curious as well

Totally forgot about him. Add him to the Marcus Green bucket. Space guys who can be devastating. 

PokerSteve and FalconsIn2020 like this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Totally forgot about him. Add him to the Marcus Green bucket. Space guys who can be devastating. 

I love these numbers on him:

Over the course of his career with the Ducks, he racked up 2,255 yards from scrimmage averaging 7.0 yards per play with 20 touchdowns on just 323 total touches.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Over the course of his career with the Ducks, he racked up 2,255 yards from scrimmage averaging 7.0 yards per play with 20 touchdowns on just 323 total touches.

Electric. Always for taking chances on players like this. Positionless athletes who can kill you with the ball in their hands in space. 

This is partly why I'm confident in the offense going forward. They added two positionless weapons in Green and Brooks-James. Stocker looks like he's going to be a positionless style guy as well. Think about this:

The Falcons can trot out a full house formation with Julio and Ridley on the outside with Green, Stocker, and Freeman in the backfield. Shift that to a 11 personnel set with Green in the slot and Stocker at the TE spot and Freeman next to Matt. 

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Impressive.  Does he return kicks? 

5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So were 2 weeks till our first game.. The HOF game. Im actually interested to see if our 2 new lineman will get significant playing time and how we look with a bigger RB on short yardage.. Anybody else planning on catching this game? 

“Game”. 

I wouldn’t call it that.  This is like the 4th preseason game but TG will be walking around the sidelines.

Trying to watch oline play,  especially the 2s & 3s, in a preseason game is a tough task.  Let alone the HOF game.

Maybe 10 minutes is all i can see myself doing.

Tim Mazetti likes this

4 hours ago, vel said:

Sounds like the first guy the Falcons have had like that since Eric Metcalf.

vel likes this