Ergo Proxy

YT content creator and TwitFace Lord posts video to label Ryan a system QB

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Must not be elite if you break down week 1 vs Philly...

Saw this guy pop up on twitter and he put together an hour vid trying to prove his point.

 

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Title accuracy
FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Must not be elite if you break down week 1 vs Philly...

Saw this guy pop up on twitter and he put together an hour vid trying to prove his point.

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

System QB....4 offensive coordinators, 3 became head coaches after working with Ryan. 

Nothing like proving an hour long video wrong in a sentence. 

I wonder what this dude's TATF name is...... cause you KNOW there's some of these around here  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He was pretty awful that game.  Missed some easy game changing throws

He really was. We easily should have won that game the way the defense played. It just added insult to the injuries that took place that night.

Separately from that sentiment, I don’t agree that Matt Ryan is a system QB. I do, however, think he lacks the proficiency (not ability) to make something out of nothing when it matters. This, to me, proves that he is an elite QB but not necessarily an elite football player/athlete if that makes any sense.

Matt does HIS job better than almost anyone, no question. But I think to win it all he will at some point need to do more than just his job. That is unless we finally put the necessary defense and offensive line around him. And the play calling is spot on. And the HC manages the game well. And teammates don’t fall down or drop passes. And we don’t miss FGs. Or play Tom Brady. Otherwise he will at some point have to overcome circumstances on the fly, in big moments, in ways he hasn’t quite yet. 

Flame away, it’s just an opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

He really was. We easily should have won that game the way the defense played. It just added insult to the injuries that took place that night.

Separately from that sentiment, I don’t agree that Matt Ryan is a system QB. I do, however, think he lacks the proficiency (not ability) to make something out of nothing when it matters. This, to me, proves that he is an elite QB but not necessarily an elite football player/athlete if that makes any sense.

Matt does HIS job better than almost anyone, no question. But I think to win it all he will at some point need to do more than just his job. That is unless we finally put the necessary defense and offensive line around him. And the play calling is spot on. And the HC manages the game well. And teammates don’t fall down or drop passes. And we don’t miss FGs. Or play Tom Brady. Otherwise he will at some point have to overcome circumstances on the fly, in big moments, in ways he hasn’t quite yet. 

Flame away, it’s just an opinion

Well said. Another option (and likely option) is having a coach and team that can do enough to win a championship without Ryan actually having to do “more” like you described. Most championships that are won are usually when the QB doesn’t actually have the game of his life or go an extra mile. Most of the time, the QB is just sort of along for the ride 

Drew4719, gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

He really was. We easily should have won that game the way the defense played. It just added insult to the injuries that took place that night.

Separately from that sentiment, I don’t agree that Matt Ryan is a system QB. I do, however, think he lacks the proficiency (not ability) to make something out of nothing when it matters. This, to me, proves that he is an elite QB but not necessarily an elite football player/athlete if that makes any sense.

Matt does HIS job better than almost anyone, no question. But I think to win it all he will at some point need to do more than just his job. That is unless we finally put the necessary defense and offensive line around him. And the play calling is spot on. And the HC manages the game well. And teammates don’t fall down or drop passes. And we don’t miss FGs. Or play Tom Brady. Otherwise he will at some point have to overcome circumstances on the fly, in big moments, in ways he hasn’t quite yet. 

Flame away, it’s just an opinion

I am not going to flame away at all.  It’s a very solid and objective perspective.

Ryan most certainly isn’t a system QB considering he has been effective in every offensive system there is.

While he isn’t mobile like Russell Wilson, Ryan can and regularly does make chicken salad out of chicken poop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped watching as soon as he mentioned DeAndre Hopkins as the best wide receiver

..lol these tools are a total waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FenixFalcon said:

I stopped watching as soon as he mentioned DeAndre Hopkins as the best wide receiver

..lol these tools are a total waste of time.

Im tryna figure out when and where did everyone get so high on Hopkins. It used to be Julio vs AB, with the OBJ crowd in the background. Now overnight Hopkins is all of a sudden took the mantle despite Julio still producing at a higher level.

Maybe people get bored with consistent dominance and enjoy mixing it up with new favs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Im tryna figure out when and where did everyone get so high on Hopkins. It used to be Julio vs AB, with the OBJ crowd in the background. Now overnight Hopkins is all of a sudden took the mantle despite Julio still producing at a higher level.

Maybe people get bored with consistent dominance and enjoy mixing it up with new favs

I think people just like riding the hype train. Every year it's always someone better than the guy who puts everyone else to shame. No one gives credit to Julio for the fact that hes constantly double or triple teamed and still putting up ridiculous numbers. As if TDs are what makes a WR great. Julio Carrie's so much weight that dudes like Ridley step in and take corners to lunch because the safeties are MIA chasing JJ.

 

Let's also not forget Ryan's a smarter QB than the dudes throwing to AB and Hopkins. He doesn't force the ball anymore, he just finds the guy Julio opened up until they pull more weight to the other guy, then sets Julio off on a rampage.

Edited by FenixFalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well said. Another option (and likely option) is having a coach and team that can do enough to win a championship without Ryan actually having to do “more” like you described. Most championships that are won are usually when the QB doesn’t actually have the game of his life or go an extra mile. Most of the time, the QB is just sort of along for the ride 

^This. When one player is supposed to carry their team in the Super Bowl it’s a recipe for not being enough. When a team is out playing another team? Easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Philly was easily the worst game of the season for Ryan. Of course he picked that game to dissect as it fits the narrative.

It was the only game all year he did not throw for a TD. His QB Rating was a 57.4. The next lowest he had all year was 87.2 vs a very good baltimore defense. Lets not pick any of the 10 100+ QB Rating games or any of the multiple TD games. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love me some Matt Ryan but as in that Philly game - he needs to step up and be the difference maker in a positive way and lead the team to victory in those situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Ryan has had success with 3 different OC's and 3 different systems literally breaks this guy's argument. The fact that he had to pick the worst game of the season to prove his point says a lot. I still don't get why it's hard for fools to admit Ryan is elite and has been for a while. I guess not being flashy and interesting really does him in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive never understood the divisiveness on Matt Ryan. He's a really good QB who has been saddled at times with bad Olines and rarely had a defense that could simply stop the other team from scoring.

I blame the madden generation. It's dumbed-down football into yelling arguments about how matt missed 1 throw. One cannot expect Matt to be flawless. Even Brady isn't flawless. You need a good QB WITH good trenches to win consistently and what Matt has done without that consistency from the other parts of the team is really amazing.

Ergo Proxy, rounz, gazoo and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been in 3 systems, this guy just doesn't know football. "Yo Matt Ryanz dunt throw da bawlz to Huleo in dat endzoan." No shizzle dude, he's gotta set his feet, because he doesn't have a cannon like Rodgers. By the time he does that he would have gotten leveled.

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have saved alot of time he put into making that video and just said "I don;t know what I am talking about."

Bigbenright likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah saw that the other day. He also named Matt the most overrated player on the falcons and has him as the 12th ranked QB in the league behind a guy like ******* JIMMY GARBAGE GARRAPOLLO. I know some of you actually like Jimmy, but dude has done just about nothing in his 5 or so years. All in all, this youtuber is just a Matt Ryan hater and from what I’ve seen kinda a falcon hater in general. 

 

Btw, you could pick any QBs worst game to point out their flaws or call them a “system” qb. Like pointing out Brees 5 int game against us. Or how we dominated Rodgers in the 2017 championship game, etc. This dude really is an idiot. 

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, like to see that analyst on the field trying to pass when he knows Fusco is blocking Fletcher Cox one on one.

As multiple people have said. Which System?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every qb is a system qb. Brady has been in the same system his entire career. They’ve only adjusted. We’ve never seen  Rodgers outside of the WCO. We saw how manning looked switching to the wco. Elway didn’t look so hot when Denver went wco. Even tho they won two SB’s off TD’s legs. The best thing for a qb’s career is consistency in the system he thrives in or learns. So in essence EVERY qb is a product of the system they learn. This is a dumb argument to me. Now if you say Matt isn’t a good improviser on the fly at just being a football player i will agree, which is why it’s hard for most pundits to put him top 3. But outside of that all qb’s are system qb’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I actually think the way he graded the throws and situations was fair.  Let's be real, MR2 did not have a good game against PHI.   Where one could make a little noise is his use of the label "System QB" or "System throw" (what he referred to as a 2 rating).  If you take away the negative connotation that we have of what a "System" QB is and I don't think he is wrong.  I love Matt, he's put in good work for us but he does miss throws, does seem a little slow getting the ball out and doesn't always hit those long balls like we'd like.  The real issue I have is what he defines as "system" makes every QB will be a "system" QB.  Aaron Rogers isn't always extending plays and TB is the very definition of a system QB because the system is so good.  Matt is effective because he makes the throws he should make far more than he misses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now