Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osiruz

Which Stains defection hurt worst?

19 posts in this topic

I saw the idea on the yellow colored nasty forum and thought it would make for a good thread. For me personally it was Curtis Lofton 50, because we had finally got a good run stopping lber and he was the captain of our defense. 

Curtis Lofton a bit. While a good run blocker he was an absolute liability in coverage (as the Aints found out with Tony G dunking on him). No way we should have paid him 3 down LB money so meh.

Rafeal Bush comes to mind as a player I would have liked to have back at one point. There was also this special teamer we stole from them who went back to NO I think?

Overall not butthurt about any of the players they "stole" from us.

Joe Horn hurt them worst because he was such a fan favorite. That would have been like Roddy White going to NO when the staff moved on. Ironhead Heyward would be another emotional blow defecting to ATL.

IMO we never lost anyone that mattered a ton to them. Lofton was good, but not as good as he thought he was, and free agency told that story.

Yeah we haven’t really lost anyone close to the level they did with Joe Horn coming here. Lofton was good, but like others have already said, he wasn’t as good as he thought he was. 

None, we get rid of players at the right time, the only thing that hurts is that they won a Super Bowl

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Joe Horn hurt them worst because he was such a fan favorite. That would have been like Roddy White going to NO when the staff moved on. Ironhead Heyward would be another emotional blow defecting to ATL.

IMO we never lost anyone that mattered a ton to them. Lofton was good, but not as good as he thought he was, and free agency told that story.

Horn's defection still persists today.

Horn taught White how to be a pro WR who then taught JJ how to be a pro WR. Hope JJ does the same for Ridley.

So indirectly Horn really made a huge positive impact for a LONG time here.

18 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Horn taught White how to be a pro WR who then taught JJ how to be a pro WR. Hope JJ does the same for Ridley.

Julio already was a mature guy though. 

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Julio already was a mature guy though. 

Maybe he'll show up for all team workouts one year and not ***** about his contract.

15 hours ago, MAD597 said:

He was horrible and he was past his expiration date as a player, but his know how was good. 

5 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Maybe he'll show up for all team workouts one year and not ***** about his contract.

tenor.gif?itemid=12058232

Curtis Lofton for sure. He was never much of a playmaker but he was a tackling machine and was a nice piece to the middle of our defense.

We were not able to replace his ability at MLB until 2016 with Deion. We had 3 years of complete trash in the middle of our defense. 

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Curtis Lofton for sure. He was never much of a playmaker but he was a tackling machine and was a nice piece to the middle of our defense.

We were not able to replace his ability at MLB until 2016 with Deion. We had 3 years of complete trash in the middle of our defense. 

Lofton to Dent was a huge downgrade.

Drew4719 and Osiruz like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Lofton to Dent was a huge downgrade.

For sure. Then it was the Worrilow love before people realized that he was completely awful. Was a cool story for half a season but he only continued to get worse as time went on and teams had more tape on him.

Drew4719, Vandy and Osiruz like this

Worrilow was atrocious, trying to forget about that guy. Should have kept Lofton and let featherspoon and nicholas go. 

I don't get why people care really; once a player's off your team he's off your team.  It's not personal, just business.

Out of sight, out of mind.  

Off Topic PS- If I have to see that 'Somebody burned down my she-shed' commercial one more time, I'm going postal.