Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2020

“Team Killers” - Matt Ryan

58 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Exactly. Julio is another good example. You can hate that he plays for the team you despise. And you can hate that he's freaking good. But, you can't HATE Julio Jones. The dude is everything any fan would want on their football team.

Exactly. What made it worse for me was I was a big Julio fan at Alabama. I was livid y’all got him and it made it slightly easier that y’all had to mortgage the future to do so, but even 9 years later seeing him in red and black still makes me want to puke. :argh:

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I don’t care if he says Ryan falls down easy.  I’m glad he does.  

But to say Cam Newton is tough like Little Ben, fleet like Russell Wilson and accurate like Drew Brees reeks of bromance

Haha, oh no I don’t blame Ryan one bit for going down when he knows the play is over. I’d do the same exact thing. 

But yeah, he is stretching a bit there saying that about Newton, I’ll give him the first two comparisons, but accurate like Brees? LOLOL, no. Newton’s accuracy is like anti-Brees.

I’ll have to watch the whole thing when I get home.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

16 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Cam's number one receiver is his running back which means he is captain dump off. He is not a good passer in any sense of the word.

And, The Falcons defense has really put a beating on Cam the last few years, as maligned as they are. The other guys no complaint, and probably would have roasted us last couple of years

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This nugget from today.  Could not stop laughing at accuracy.  He also said Ryan folds if you look at him.  Time for a random drug test on Mr Cam Jordan

I was listening to him today on Cowterd...Cam Jordan is not wrong about the tackling part..and thats smart on MR2s part,,just go down and dont risk injury..thats not his game to shrug dudes off.  Where Cam Jordan is wrong is that Newtons accuracy, 60%, is not up there with the greats..

Iron Saint and FalconsIn2020 like this

14 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I agree with the premise of your statement, however if the superb stats don’t translate to wins, it’s hard to call the player a “Saints killer” with an 8-13 record. Maybe a “Saints wounder”?

That’s why I’m leaning towards Deion Jones even though his sample size is much smaller. In 4 games against the Saints, he has 3 INT’s (one for a TD), 8 PBU’s, 38 tackles (9.5 per game), and the Falcons have a 3-1 record. Don’t quote me on it, but I don’t think anyone has 3 INT’s on Brees in a 4 game span since he’s been in New Orleans.

In the 2016 Week 3 MNF game, without Jones’ 90-yard INT TD, we likely go on to score and narrow the deficit to 38-32 with slightly less than a quarter to play making it a much tighter game considering at that point, y’all offense had only scored 10 points in the 2nd half after scoring 28 in the 1st half.

Also without that insane INT in the first 2017 game by Deion Jones, Matt Ryan’s record falls to 7-14. 

I don't disagree that Deion has killed you guys I am simply saying Ryan has been a Saint killer. You mention the Jones Pick 6 and ignore the fact we had 38 points on the board at the time. Sure Jones got that pick 6 but our defense had also given up 32 points. Was it really Jones that killed you guys that whole game or was it Ryan and the offense? Then you look back at the last game of 2016 and see again we scored 38 and our defense almost blew it after giving up 19 points in the 4th. (How fitting how the 2016 season ended smh)

Ryan: 513/797 (64%), 6,354 yards, 39 touchdowns, 13 interceptions

A guy averaging over 300 YPG and that has a 3:1 TD ratio against you I would say has done his fair share. The rest of the team may not have. 

Ryan has not control over if the defense gives up 40 points a game.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, dmo_dlo said:

What exactly is wrong with what the article says? Ryan has played Saints and Bucs and Panthers all the same number of times, but he has lost to Saints almost as many times as the other two combined, even though he has statistically had his best games against the Saints. Why does this have to do with how long Matt’s been in the division? 

To me, if Ryan had some of his best games against a team, any team.... the loss could be directed more towards the Defense and not the Offense.

9 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don't disagree that Deion has killed you guys I am simply saying Ryan has been a Saint killer. You mention the Jones Pick 6 and ignore the fact we had 38 points on the board at the time. Sure Jones got that pick 6 but our defense had also given up 32 points. Was it really Jones that killed you guys that whole game or was it Ryan and the offense? Then you look back at the last game of 2016 and see again we scored 38 and our defense almost blew it after giving up 19 points in the 4th. (How fitting how the 2016 season ended smh)

Ryan: 513/797 (64%), 6,354 yards, 39 touchdowns, 13 interceptions

A guy averaging over 300 YPG and that has a 3:1 TD ratio against you I would say has done his fair share. The rest of the team may not have. 

Ryan has not control over if the defense gives up 40 points a game.

Y’all did have 38 points at the time of the INT TD, however 21 of which came from Tevin Coleman on the ground. Y’all had nearly 200 yards rushing that game. However, I’d say the Week 17 game of that year was more of Ryan killing us than the Week 3 game was so I can concede that one.

The way I see it, in the 8 games where y’all beat us with Ryan, the Falcons offense put up 31.8 ppg and the Falcons defense gave up 23.3 ppg. However, in the 13 games where we beat y’all, the Falcons offense only put up 20.5 ppg and the Falcons defense allowed 28.5 ppg. The defense only allowed 5.2 ppg more in the losses than the wins, but the offense scored 11.3 ppg less. That’s an average of a two possession difference in offensive production. You can’t blame that on the defense.

In 7 of those 13 losses, the Falcons offense failed to score more than 17 points. Only once did y’all offense score more than 30 points (the Week 3 game last year).

In the 8 wins where y’all averaged 31.8 ppg, y’all defense held us to under 20 points 4 times. Not to mention, 2 of those 8 wins can be contributed solely to the defense: in the 2012 Week 12 game the defense picked off Brees 5 times while holding us to 13 points, then in the 2017 Week 13 game, we picked off Ryan 3 times and held him to a 55.6 completion % and the game was saved by... a Deion Jones interception.

Another thing to look at was our defense Ryan was going up against. In 2012, 2015, and 2016, our defense was ranked either dead last or second to last in points allowed. Y’all offense averaged 28.5 ppg while the defense averaged 26.5 ppg surrendered and y’all went 3-3 against us those years. One of those wins was the Brees 5 INT game mentioned above where Ryan had 165 yards and 1 TD and in the one of the losses the defense held us to 20 points but the offense couldn’t get it done.

But my point isn’t the defense as a whole, it’s just Deion considering he’s put us away twice with interceptions in only 4 opportunities which is remarkable.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, FalconsIn2020 said:

Some pretty nice insight from PFF.  They label Matt Ryan the Saints “Team Killer”

PFF calls Matt Ryan a 'team killer' against the Saints

The analysts at Pro Football Focus have graded and charted every NFL game back to the 2006 season, and they recently put together a list of “team killers,” or players that have logged the highest grades against each of the 32 teams. That’s good news for New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas, who received a nod for his efforts against the Atlanta Falcons. Saints quarterback Drew Brees was praised for his consistently great performances against the Carolina Panthers.

However, PFF picked out Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan as the bane of the Saints, hyping up his individual performance in 21 career games against New Orleans:

The trend of elite quarterbacks — which Ryan is — dominating divisional opponents continues with the Saints. Against New Orleans, Matt Ryan has racked up 523 completions on 797 attempts for 6,354 yards, 39 touchdowns and just 13 interceptions. While his 51 big-time throws lead all quarterbacks in the matchup by 21, his 11 turnover-worthy plays are fewer than fellow NFC South quarterback Cam Newton (12).

While Ryan has generally made good decisions with the ball and aired out some porous Saints defenses in his time, it hasn’t amounted to much. Ryan has lost more career games against the Saints (13) than any other opponent. That’s nearly as many losses to the Saints as he’s suffered against the other NFC South teams — the Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers — combined (15). 

The Saint's, aside from the smell, are a very good team. They will continue to be a thorn in our side.Their 3rd year RB Kamara is the real deal, Thomas is not JJ. Brees is Brees and he's got a ring, probably would've had two if my Ghost didn't show up at that game, even rotten corpses couldn't hold a candle to stink of that stadium. MB should be ashamed to have their name on it.