The Vent King

What Worries You the Most???

78 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know there are some here that may have insight into things with this team that I may be overlooking. I want to know what those things might be. Every season I go in with all these high hopes and mad Falcon fever only to have something that was missed by me before the season that ends up leaving the team short of winning it all. 

With that said could you all share what your main concerns are with our birds going into the season and don’t spare details PLEASE. With me it’s the health of key players coming back from injury, you know Deion Jones, Keanu Neal, etc and being the anywhere near the same as before affecting the ability of our defense and the new o-line not being as good as we all hope they will be.

What’s yours?

Edited by The Vent King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've spent draft picks on the OL and brought in mid tier FA...but is that enough to make it a top 10 unit?  Or are we just ok there?  We need to be good.

Defense--where is the pass rush going to come from?  Do our young guys develop in the secondary?

We have a lot of ways to be good, but these things are going to have to come together to reach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My main concern is us balling out & blowing a lead just as soon as I believe we’ve finally got over the hump . 2004, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2017. 

Post MV whom I was never star struck by because a QB who isn’t accurate never tickles my fancy, I always believed Matt would be the one to bring it all home . He’s well rounded not as athletics as I’d like but his arm strength is solid, decision making is good for the most part & short to intermediate he’s above average in accuracy so I had a lot faith in him until 28-3. So us going on a tear & blowing it is always my biggest concern . Same with my BullDogs those big games/moments are our kryptonite . 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

My main concern is us balling out & blowing a lead just as soon as I believe we’ve finally got over the hump . 2004, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2017. 

Post MV whom I was never star struck by because a QB who isn’t accurate never tickles my fancy, I always believed Matt would be the one to bring it all home . He’s well rounded not as athletics as I’d like but his arm strength is solid, decision making is good for the most part & short to intermediate he’s above average in accuracy so I had a lot faith in him until 28-3. So us going on a tear & blowing it is always my biggest concern . Same with my BullDogs those big games/moments are our kryptonite . 

Blowing the 28-3 lead had nothing to do with Ice, everything to do with OL injuries, friendly zebras for the Pats in the 2nd half and D getting worn down.

4dabirds, vel, Bigbenright and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PokerSteve said:

Blowing the 28-3 lead had nothing to do with Ice, everything to do with OL injuries, friendly zebras for the Pats in the 2nd half and D getting worn down.

It had everything to do with everybody .. OC, HC, QB(the one player who can get in the HC & OC azzzzz when they’re blowing it) for whatever reason he didn’t & he continued to snap the ball early on dumb plays like passes when we shoulda been running instead of milking it at the least but I don’t wanna derail this thread . Like I said us blowing a lead is what I worry about . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No one here has an ounce of insight about anything going on with the team

Pretty sure we are moving Sanu to QB and Matt Ryan to TE

NaGaBoy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to major concerns: the schedule and Dan Quinn.  I think DQ is a mediocre coach who benefited from a historical defense that was already there and now a likely HoF QB and WR.  I expect this to be a minority opinion though.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on here if I am.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LouDog said:

Pretty sure we are moving Sanu to QB and Matt Ryan to TE

Wonder how many times we’ll hear get ****in set

LouDog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m concerned about a pass rush - one of two things I’ve worried about since TD got here. Hopefully the OL is on the way to being consistently good for several yrs.

I can’t get over the fact we’re playing VB nearly $13m this yr and what we could’ve done with that money. 

Oliver and R. Allen recovery would be another concern. 

To have the chance to win it all comes down to staying healthy and the above IMO. It’s hard to control and predict injuries, but the addition of a pass rusher is something that can or could be controlled by the FO. I’d sure hate to come up a sack or two shy of winning the Big Trophy.

zekeyboy1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pass rush - good point

injuries - always a good point

Quinn - don’t want that to be one, but we bout to find out point

thanks but I need MORE...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How this team is going to top 28-3 next time we make the SB.

In 98 we got embarrassed cause our star safety got arrested for picking up a hooker the night before the SB then lost a crappy game.

2016 we suffered the worst single game collapse in sports championship history.

I don't know how they will do it but I'm sure next time they will find a way to top that embarrassment.

ButSkiuup likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

How this team is going to top 28-3 next time we make the SB.

In 98 we got embarrassed cause our star safety got arrested for picking up a hooker the night before the SB then lost a crappy game.

2016 we suffered the worst single game collapse in sports championship history.

I don't know how they will do it but I'm sure next time they will find a way to top that embarrassment.

Go undefeated, get to the SB and blow a 29-3 lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like last year... Injuries. We keep everyone healthy this season and we can likely go as far as we want to go. Tough schedule?  Sure, but we also had a tough one in 2016 but we didn't succumb to injuries until the SB and I still think the Cheatriots targeted our OL guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of injuries....which nobody can predict...my only concern is the DL.  If they had another beast of a DT to line up next to Jarrett, holy crap that line would feast.  As it is, we have three bonafide studs (even VB...he's shown he can play) but one ? at DT. 

Hopefully with all the talent on defense, the back 7 can keep tight coverage and allow the DL to go nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time of possession on O worries me the most.

Run it and play action.

150 rushing and 250 passing per game.

Control the game 37 min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injuries.

Not too worried about the O because Kotter has been here before and worked with Matt, JJ, and Free. The o-line has to hold and keep MR upright.

DQ is coaching the D so we'll see how that goes. Still think we'll be alright if we can stay healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now