Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug Carlton

Falcons players react to Madden 20 ratings

159 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

While I agree Ridley is by far better than DJ Moore, to say Stills hasn’t ever produced like Ridley is asinine.

Stills is averaging 16.0 yards/reception for his career and never had a season below 14.6 yards/reception. Ridley was at 12.8 yards/reception last year.

And that’s in spite of Stills lower target numbers. Ridley had 92 targets last year (catching 64 for 821 yards). Stills has only had 1 year with more than 92 targets (2017) and he had 847 yards on only 58 catches leading to a better average than Ridley had last year.

Ridley certainly has him in TD’s though, but Stills isn’t targeted on the goal-line nearly as much as Ridley. 6 of Ridley’s 10 TD’s last year came from inside the red zone. Only 9 of Stills’ 32 career TD’s are from the red zone with 13 TD’s being from 40+ (of which Ridley has 3 so far).

Ridley was a stud coming out of college and is going to remain a very productive player for many years but still, the original premise was just considerably off. If anything, Moore being ranked as high as Stills and Ridley should be an insult to them.

Moore might be good but Cam sucks!  Moore might be good if he had Ryan throwing him the ball.

27 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

Moore might be good but Cam sucks!  Moore might be good if he had Ryan throwing him the ball.

Fair assessment. :lol:

I think Moore would certainly benefit in Carolina if Cam had a functioning throwing shoulder.

7 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Fair assessment. :lol:

I think Moore would certainly benefit in Carolina if Cam had a functioning throwing shoulder.

Just think bout it, Ryan made bum HD83 a 1000 yard receiver then he went to titans to wash up there

18 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Hey! Don’t you talk about my Harry Douglas like that!!!

Lmfao I remember that year. This was the year that certain people wanted acted like Douglas was a true #1 WR. They discounted how good Ryan actually was and gave all the credit to Douglas. 

BirdGangATL likes this

2 hours ago, Emmitt said:

HD was a bum, he had a go ahead TD vs 9ers but tripped on himself and we lost the nfc championship game

19 hours ago, vel said:

It's really fascinating. I was joking with a friend of mine that Falcons players inherently get deducted 2-4 rating points for the logo alone. That's Madden, PFF, fan sentiment, etc. No way Ridley should be worse than DJ Moore, whom he easily outperformed, and Kenny Stills, a mediocre vet who's never produced like Ridley. A guy like Matt still doesn't get the respect he deserves. 

what are you talking about ???? matt usually is pretty much well respected in sports media. 

1 hour ago, BirdGangATL said:

HD was a bum, he had a go ahead TD vs 9ers but tripped on himself and we lost the nfc championship game

You poor rookies.....It’s an inside joke

44 minutes ago, 81KJW said:

what are you talking about ???? matt usually is pretty much well respected in sports media. 

LMAO

On 7/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, Emmitt said:

Lady Speedstick?

Emmitt likes this

On 7/15/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Hopefully they fine tune the new system over time.

Matt should have a bonus along the lines of becoming an offensive mastermind in year 2 under any coordinator and perform better the longer he is in the same system or with the same coach. :tiphat: Dude is a machine that takes a beating and keeps on producing.

I feel like there should be another attribute or game mechanic to simulate “pressure” on a QB. For example the more he gets hit/pressured, the more likely he’ll make a mistake. This is where Ryan would be elite at as he can take a beating and very rarely gets flustered. If this were a meter type of mechanic, where it increases and decrease over the game, it could incentivize people to blitz more.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, VTCrunkler said:

There is a running joke in parallel with this concept:  any VT recruit will automatically get a full star raise if said recruit goes somewhere else. Like a 3* at VT will be a 4* elsewhere. It’s automatic. 

Yeah, I am a Georgia Tech fan and we get the same treatment. Someone will be committed to us as a 3 star then go somewhere else as a 4 star. Recruiting and Madden is all about money so they are going to cater to the cash cows which is not the Falcons, VT, or GT.

VTCrunkler, Ergo Proxy and Drew4719 like this

32 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Yeah, I am a Georgia Tech fan and we get the same treatment. Someone will be committed to us as a 3 star then go somewhere else as a 4 star. Recruiting and Madden is all about money so they are going to cater to the cash cows which is not the Falcons, VT, or GT.

yes yes, definitely not cash cows...underachieving at times, almost always under the radar...

the falcons are under the radar so far and i like it, keep expectations low - then shock the world..

hows life in the post- Paul Jonhson world?

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

yes yes, definitely not cash cows...underachieving at times, almost always under the radar...

the falcons are under the radar so far and i like it, keep expectations low - then shock the world..

hows life in the post- Paul Jonhson world?

It is interesting for sure. I always was a PJ fan. He is a great x’s and o’s coach, but he struggled with how the recruiting game changed. College football recruiting has turned into a circus and he didn’t want to deal with it and wasn’t equipped to deal with it. GT didn’t give him the resources to compete with the other programs. Our coaching and support staff was minuscule compared to other teams.

Geoff Collins has been impressive so far. He has built a strong recruiting staff and we are starting to see the impact. It remains to be seen how we look on the field. Playing Clemson on opening night won’t tell us much because I expect us to get spanked.

43 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Check out his X-Factor and Superstar abilities.

https://www.vgr.com/madden-20-superstar-abilities-packers-aaron-rodgers-gambler-deadeye-pass-lead-elite/

He’s going to be OP as all h*ll. 

ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

https://www.vgr.com/madden-20-superstar-abilities-packers-aaron-rodgers-gambler-deadeye-pass-lead-elite/

He is. Me, JD and Yo we’re talking about that a few weeks ago. Yo pointed out to me that if you’re playing against him, all you have to do is user and you’re good to go against his X factor. His abilities aren’t much of a concern imo

Yo_Lover and Sidecar Falcon like this

31 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Also I think we’re going to be able to add xfactors in franchise. I’m going to create a qb and add the gambler X factor to him. MVP for years lol

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Also I think we’re going to be able to add xfactors in franchise. I’m going to create a qb and add the gambler X factor to him. MVP for years lol

Hey bruh I’m skeptical about this new Madden.  I’m going to get it no doubt but I’m definitely not ******* around with MUT anymore lol!

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Hey bruh I’m skeptical about this new Madden.  I’m going to get it no doubt but I’m definitely not ******* around with MUT anymore lol!

You already know I ain’t ****in with it. I put in all that work this year and haven’t really played outside the last few times me and you have played since the last update

blkbigdog35 likes this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You already know I ain’t ****in with it. I put in all that work this year and haven’t really played outside the last few times me and you have played since the last update

Me too lol!! 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Me too lol!! 

Debating if i want to buy ea access or get it for a month so I can start playing next Thursday since ea access is coming to PS4. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

41 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Debating if i want to buy ea access or get it for a month so I can start playing next Thursday since ea access is coming to PS4. 

I’ve always used EA access on Xbox. But not this year. It’s fun if you want to play early though. Just make sure to cancel your ea access account immediately 

ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

19 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ve always used EA access on Xbox. But not this year. It’s fun if you want to play early though. Just make sure to cancel your ea access account immediately 

That’s what im going to do. I have it on the Xbox one but I only use it to download the free games and play early. I can barely play sports games on the Xbox lol. I may just cancel it on Xbox altogether. Depending on the vault items on PS4 I’ll get the year subscription