g-dawg

Schefter: Falcons now pivot to Deion Jones - meeting w/ agent already scheduled

108 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

With the Grady numbers out, TD will earn his pay the next 12 months.  Assuming 10 mill increase in CAP, we are 1 million over atm

35qhlc.jpg

So if Beasley goes we'd be at plus 2 million?

Just now, jamesmasen said:

Straight up Arthur blank just put 20 million in Julio's mailbox and shut your mouth.. all problems are solved .. 

LOL...I like your style

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

A Crawford type DE. Possibly even better.  Versatile.  Can play outside or stay inside.  

Dude is an absolute freak athlete.  Actually played LB at the U

LB at the U.   That was  almost 10yrs ago.  Don’t get stuck in 2011.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LB at the U.   That was  almost 10yrs ago.  Don’t get stuck in 2011.

True...just pointing out he is an athlete.  But I see him on the interior.

33 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

A Crawford type DE. Possibly even better.  Versatile.  Can play outside or stay inside.  

Dude is an absolute freak athlete.  Actually played LB at the U

I am sure he would like to come back to GA.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

7 minutes ago, vel said:

It's gotta feel bad to be be Vic about now. All Pro, NFL Sack Champ to not even a peep on interest in a deal. Your friend got paid. Debo in line next. Like dam but it's eat what you kill in the NFL. 

After this year, dude will have made $27m for 1 good season.  Hard to feel bad for anyone who has milked a paycheck like he has.  I get what you are saying, but I do not feel bad for the man at all lol

12 minutes ago, vel said:

It's gotta feel bad to be be Vic about now. All Pro, NFL Sack Champ to not even a peep on interest in a deal. Your friend got paid. Debo in line next. Like dam but it's eat what you kill in the NFL. 

This year has so many intriguing storylines.  And ‘The Curious Case of Vic Beasley’ is right at the very top.  His story is still his to write.  All Pro & Bust are both in his DNA

I honestly think he gets a sack for every million dollars we pay him in 2019

wurzshep19 likes this

Question is how much will the Falcons pay him, not what his agent demand if not him?!

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

TD’s job now:

Pull up Grady contract,

Replace Grady with D. Jones,

Control - P 

Sign

Lock’em Up TD!

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

He put himself in that position playing soft last year. He deserves something alright. A kick in his ***.

So market right now;

top paid inside backer is CJ Mosely at 17 mill, Kwon is next at 13 mill. Luke is 3rd with 12 million. Luke signed his contract as 5 yr 63 mill contract in 2015 though...his contract will be up soon. Would be nice to Lock up Deion before Luke resets the market.

Id deon is north of 12 but south of 15 I won’t cry.

35 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

So market right now;

top paid inside backer is CJ Mosely at 17 mill, Kwon is next at 13 mill. Luke is 3rd with 12 million. Luke signed his contract as 5 yr 63 mill contract in 2015 though...his contract will be up soon. Would be nice to Lock up Deion before Luke resets the market.

Id deon is north of 12 but south of 15 I won’t cry.

Deion is better than Mosley so he should get paid more but he hasn't gotten nearly as much recognition so he hasn't made probowl or 2nd team all pros like Mosley. That should help us keep him lower to that 15 you were talking about.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Deion is better than Mosley so he should get paid more but he hasn't gotten nearly as much recognition so he hasn't made probowl or 2nd team all pros like Mosley. That should help us keep him lower to that 15 you were talking about.

I’m good giving Debo the same contract as Grady.  Don’t you think?

Yo_Lover likes this

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I'm glad to see this.   if we get Debo locked down w/ Jarrett - the defensive corps is safe for the next 4-5 years.   No one else on the defense is untouchable - Falcon will look to be adding more front 7 players in 2020 draft.

+ Neal

g-dawg likes this