g-dawg

Schefter: Falcons now pivot to Deion Jones - meeting w/ agent already scheduled

108 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, vel said:

No. Grady will be a new hit, around $8MMish. Julio's is already accounted for on the cap, so if anything his will go down. And Debo's isn't changing, his deal would be an extension. So after the Julio deal, that cap space is all free cap that they probably intend to roll over. 

Trade for clowney, let Beasley walk next year. Recoup traded pick. 

Dream world. 

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

You don’t think they will want to assume much of Debo’s CAP hit this year while we have the money.  Let’s say Julio drops to 10, Grady is 8, that leaves 5-6 million we could add on to Debo’s 1.8 mill

If he gets a signing bonus, it will go up. If anything, like you said, it's $5-6MM potentially added to his hit, but that still leaves over $10MM rolling over. Rolled over cap space is more valuable than spending it in the current year because it's paired with the cap increase that every other team gets. So as contracts continue to rise in conjunction with the rising cap, the older money has more value. Take it in terms of current contracts: Julio's contract is valuable to the team because the rising cap has lowered his contract value. The savings from Julio's contract allowed other moves to be made (i.e. overkilling on the OL). The same applies to rolled over cap space. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You don’t think they will want to assume some of Debo’s contract this year while we have the CAP? 

Let’s say Julio drops to 10, Grady is 8, that leaves 5-6 million we could add on to Debo’s 1.8 mill

That figure is not right, basically Spotrac removed Jarret's $15m contract from the equation until they get further clarification on his cap hit for this year.

Our cap hit right now is around $7.2m.

7 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

That figure is not right, basically Spotrac removed Jarret's $15m contract from the equation until they get further clarification on his cap hit for this year.

Our cap hit right now is around $7.2m.

It is right.  How they chose to spend the 23 million is all that we are talking about.  Yes, 6-10 will go to Grady.

Cheap Talk likes this

1 hour ago, shockerfalcon said:

Isn’t next year an uncapped year if there is no new CBA by March? I’d be pushing money into next year. 

And then they get a new CBA and we're ******.

Also the last time teams did that the league penalized them.

Just now, g-dawg said:

You don't want to talk about the OJ conspiracy nor transcendental meditation today, 2020?

I actually meant to add you, brother.

OJ did it, God is good, Falcons win it all in February 2020

g-dawg and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

@vel @TheFatboi @Yo_Lover @athell @Vandy @MSalmon @Knight of God

If we get Debo and Julio extended, do you think we have enough left over to bring in Bailey once the numbers are out?

Depends on how they structure the deals. I'd like if we did though. Can never have enough dline guys.

I actually meant to add you, brother.

OJ did it, God is good, Falcons win it all in February 2020

I am prepared to discuss all subjects......j/k

Ergo Proxy and FalconsIn2020 like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Depends on how they structure the deals. I'd like if we did though. Can never have enough dline guys.

Preach.

So much harmony around here when there is actual footballota’s to talk about...:ninja:

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Posted in the other thread...but check out these details...

Per a league source, here’s the full breakdown of Jarrett’s new contract.

1. Signing bonus: $18 million.

2. 2019 salary: $6.5 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2020 option bonus: $3 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2021 salary: $13.5 million, fully guaranteed.

5. 2021 base salary: $13.5 million, $4.5 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 (not 2021) league year.

6. 2022 base salary: $13.5 million.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I don't think so

Think they prefer to roll over whatever is left?

Its probably the smart decision...but who cares about that right now.  The band is back together for a few more years.

Meanwhile, I wonder how the Iceman & his Cubes are doing?

3 minutes ago, athell said:

5. 2021 base salary: $13.5 million, $4.5 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 (not 2021) league year.

So the CAP hit is 11.5, 8, 18 the next three years

So we save 4 million on the CAP this year.  Puts us at 11 million

Cheap Talk likes this

Think they prefer to roll over whatever is left?

Its probably the smart decision...but who cares about that right now.  The band is back together for a few more years.

Meanwhile, I wonder how the Iceman & his Cubes are doing?

I would think that whatever they clear they would roll over to next year.  The DLine is deep right now (note NOT stacked just we have a ton of bodies) so barring injury I think they are set but with those Grady contract breakdown numbers, if they wanted Bailey and if he came in at the right cost, I'd be down.

Cheap Talk and FalconsIn2020 like this

TD definitely not wasting no time in getting Debo locked up. Especially after seeing what the Jets gave Mosley it just makes too much sense.

19 minutes ago, athell said:

So 2019 hit is around $11M ( 2019 salary plus prorated signing bonus ) ?

14 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

@vel @TheFatboi @Yo_Lover @athell @Vandy @MSalmon @Knight of God

If we get Debo and Julio extended, do you think we have enough left over to bring in Bailey once the numbers are out?

Yep. Again, taking your $22MM number:

Grady = $10MM
Julio = $10MM ($3MM in savings)
Debo = $6MM

All in, those cap hits equal $15MM in new cap hits and $3MM in savings, giving you $12MM spent and $10MM leftover. If they want Bailey, they can go get him if he comes at a cheap one year price. But that space is valuable. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. Again, taking your $22MM number:

Grady = $10MM
Julio = $10MM ($3MM in savings)
Debo = $6MM

All in, those cap hits equal $15MM in new cap hits and $3MM in savings, giving you $12MM spent and $10MM leftover. If they want Bailey, they can go get him if he comes at a cheap one year price. But that space is valuable. 

With the Grady numbers out, TD will earn his pay the next 12 months.  Assuming 10 mill increase in CAP, we are 1 million over atm

35qhlc.jpg

ButSkiuup likes this

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

So 2019 hit is around $11M ( 2019 salary plus prorated signing bonus ) ?

Next year at 18 mill is odd.  Puts us over next years CAP.  We will see how it goes

:munch:

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

anyone who wants to answer.     What do you believe the Falcons will get out of Bailey should we sign him?

A Crawford type DE. Possibly even better.  Versatile.  Can play outside or stay inside.  

Dude is an absolute freak athlete.  Actually played LB at the U