Goober Pyle

Grady signed!!!

127 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Some of y'all are really bad at reading.

If you say so....He signed for 17m,  not 18-20m.  Looks like a lot of people were wrong. I would rather be bad a reading then rude.

3 minutes ago, Redswingline2 said:

Heck of a deal...makes me wonder where all the crazy 18-20m a year figures were coming from.

The deadline force both sides to give in to get a deal done...... The player needs the deal done a lititle more (secure his future in case of injury)

Great deal, like everyone says.  So Debo and Julio contracts are next.  What do you think they’ll get 

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Grady was always gonna be first.  He had waited his turn and his contract was on a deadline, Julio is under contract.

Debo is 2020 but Falcons are starting now to buildup goodwill and gives team a little more leverage to start talks earlier and also allows for more longer term options in cap strategy.

These moves we are making now is why we didn’t go out and chase the Justin Houston’s of the world in free agency.

Mate I fully understood what and how this was going to work.

Im basically mocking the **** out of these naysayers who said we can’t do this can’t do that complained about ****  they have zero control over.Complained about Jarrett and a lot of our key pieces being greedy.Talking about the cap when in all essence they have no idea.Making **** up because the media said this and that about Jarrett wanting AD money without any evidence of him or his agent saying anything about that.

Thats who I’m going after and the reason I’m posting what I am.It happens every **** year with guys we have to extend.You watch if DEbo or Julio’s deals take longer than it should some BS narrative will be made up.

5 minutes ago, Falcons805 said:

Great deal, like everyone says.  So Debo and Julio contracts are next.  What do you think they’ll get 

I think Julio will get anywhere between 19-20m a season, and Debo will get a deal that gives him 12.5m to 14m a season. After seeing what the LBs in FA got this off season, we better get it done sooner than later.

26 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Mate I fully understood what and how this was going to work.

Im basically mocking the **** out of these naysayers who said we can’t do this can’t do that complained about ****  they have zero control over.Complained about Jarrett and a lot of our key pieces being greedy.Talking about the cap when in all essence they have no idea.Making **** up because the media said this and that about Jarrett wanting AD money without any evidence of him or his agent saying anything about that.

Thats who I’m going after and the reason I’m posting what I am.It happens every **** year with guys we have to extend.You watch if DEbo or Julio’s deals take longer than it should some BS narrative will be made up.

This is a bit disingenuous, Kiwi.

Yes, we can sign Grady, Debo & Julio.  But to act like there won’t be roster ramifications is short sighted.

Im happy it’s getting finalized and behind us. But I’ll miss players like Sanu, Freeman, Mack (possibly), Dre, Hooper (possibly), Crawford & Rico.

If we are being honest, that’s the cost of it.

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This is a bit disingenuous, Kiwi.

Yes, we can sign Grady, Debo & Julio.  But to act like there won’t be roster ramifications is short sighted.

Im happy it’s getting finalized and behind us. But I’ll miss players like Sanu, Freeman, Mack (possibly), Dre, Hooper (possibly), Crawford & Rico.

If we are being honest, that’s the cost of it.

That's the NFL man.  You can't keep everyone.  And you cannot justify giving up a franchise DT for an aging WR3, any RB, aging Center, replaceable OLB, replaceable TE, Safety who is slightly above average at best, etc.

You pick and choose who your core is, and you say thank you for your services to those who don't fit thereafter while drafting their replacements ahead of time.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Exactly what I expected, minus a year. I was in the 5yr $85MM camp. I guess he wants one more shot at a big deal at 30. But he was never going anywhere. 

Wonder if Blank meant Falcons for life or Falcons until your 30’s

2 minutes ago, athell said:

That's the NFL man.  You can't keep everyone.  And you cannot justify giving up a franchise DT for an aging WR3, any RB, aging Center, replaceable OLB, replaceable TE, Safety who is slightly above average at best, etc.

You pick and choose who your core is, and you say thank you for your services to those who don't fit thereafter while drafting their replacements ahead of time.

I agree.  It’s the nature of a salary cap era.  

athell likes this

52 minutes ago, Redswingline2 said:

If you say so....He signed for 17m,  not 18-20m.  Looks like a lot of people were wrong. I would rather be bad a reading then rude.

I said IF he hit free agency.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I agree.  It’s the nature of a salary cap era.  

It sure is.  It's why drafting is so important.  Thankfully, we seem to be solid on that front.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

It sure is.  It's why drafting is so important.  Thankfully, we seem to be solid on that front.

We certainly are.  Hope we keep all our picks next year. Hate giving them away, especially with our draft history in rounds 2-4.  TD is money in those rounds.

Cole World likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

great deal.

I would like him to crank up the sack stats to at least 8 sacks/yr though.    I know how valuable Grady is in all aspects of the game - TFL's, taking the double-teams, etc - but he is capable of 8-10sacks/yr and a little more havoc.

I'm hoping Senat takes a second year leap, and that he and Davidson take care of the run downs, allowing Grady to play fewer snaps, and more pass rushing snaps.

mtldirtybird, g-dawg and Cole World like this

Contract details!  Um...wow...

Per a league source, here’s the full breakdown of Jarrett’s new contract.

1. Signing bonus: $18 million.

2. 2019 salary: $6.5 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2020 option bonus: $3 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2021 salary: $13.5 million, fully guaranteed.

5. 2021 base salary: $13.5 million, $4.5 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 (not 2021) league year.

6. 2022 base salary: $13.5 million.

@FalconsIn2020 if this is correct, I change my stance on Bailey to possibly.  I am not sure how much they value him at this point, so it's hard to say.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

5. 2021 base salary: $13.5 million, $4.5 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 (not 2021) league year.

@FalconsIn2020 if this is correct, I change my stance on Bailey to possibly.  I am not sure how much they value him at this point, so it's hard to say.

I think they have an eye on him for sure.  Nice find

11 minutes ago, athell said:

Was there a 2020 salary in there somewhere that didn't make it to the post? Not complaining, just asking.

Looks like that would make his cap hit this year 10.1 mil, gives them an additional 4.9 mil cap room.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Was there a 2020 salary in there somewhere that didn't make it to the post? Not complaining, just asking.

Looks like that would make his cap hit this year 10.1 mil, gives them an additional 4.9 mil cap room.

Pulled directly from here...

VTCrunkler likes this

We also have to give more props to Arthur for assuring this type of deal would get done. He must be doing work behind the scenes building relationships with his players and I’m wondering now if that didn’t just pay off. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Again, not complaining, just  askin',  Thanks.

the 202 salary got dropped out somewhere:

4. 2020 salary: $10.5 million, fully guaranteed.

Great contract, lots of room to maneuver fair market value, will look like a steal in 3 years.

Tim Mazetti and athell like this

1 hour ago, athell said:

Interesting, this article says:

"...Also, the Falcons pushed for a five-year deal. Limiting it to four years gets Jarrett back to the market before his 30th birthday."

Falcons were ones that wanted  the longer deal.

athell, Tim Mazetti and Ergo Proxy like this

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Interesting, this article says:

"...Also, the Falcons pushed for a five-year deal. Limiting it to four years gets Jarrett back to the market before his 30th birthday."

Falcons were ones that wanted  the longer deal.

Yup, noticed that too...good eye.

Grady wants this next pay day to not be on the wrong side of 30.  Smart by his part...and ours.

falconidae likes this