Unknøwn

Braves @ Brewers

406 posts in this topic

Snitker confirmed Fried has a blister on his index finger. Snitker said it's a pretty bad one and Frieds next start is in doubt.

40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker confirmed Fried has a blister on his index finger. Snitker said it's a pretty bad one and Frieds next start is in doubt.

GD just when it looked like he was turning it back around his old problem pops up.

17 minutes ago, oztin said:

GD just when it looked like he was turning it back around his old problem pops up.

Not the worst timing though. The team has 2 built in off days over the next few days. You could work around it a little bit without needing to call up someone to start. Put him on the IL and let it fully heal up and bring up an extra bullpen arm.

oztin likes this

45 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I assume these are skewed by our pitchers batting as well, which makes them all the more impressive.

ATLBrave likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Not the worst timing though. The team has 2 built in off days over the next few days. You could work around it a little bit without needing to call up someone to start. Put him on the IL and let it fully heal up and bring up an extra bullpen arm.

With Gausman already progressing to 70+ pitches, I would imagine they will probably skip Fried's next start and bring the former off assignment. That's not a move that needs to be made until Thursday or even Friday, so I imagine it'll be a few days until we hear further unless it's a massive issue.

Malachore likes this

9 minutes ago, Beef said:

I assume these are skewed by our pitchers batting as well, which makes them all the more impressive.

I’m really impressed by the 4th+ time through numbers. You generally only face guys in that situation when the pitcher is either rolling or is in mop-up duty, so that means a lot more of the latter is occurring. 

Beef likes this

MLBPA has named Nick Markakis the Heart and Hustle award winner from the Braves. Each team has one winner picked by the MLBPA. In November the overall MLB award is handed out. The award symbolizes passion, desire and work ethic on and off the field says the MLBPA.

Falconsfan567 and Dawggone like this

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLBPA has named Nick Markakis the Heart and Hustle award winner from the Braves. Each team has one winner picked by the MLBPA. In November the overall MLB award is handed out. The award symbolizes passion, desire and work ethic on and off the field says the MLBPA.

Ironically, Jake Marisnick got it for HOU.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm gonna miss half the game tomorrow and the entire game on Thursday because of work. :(

What kind of job did you land?

10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Max Fried placed on the IL, Bryse Wilson called up.

Makes the immediate roster decision for Bryse easy. Now to see who will start Saturday with no off-day this week. I could see a Tomlin/Blevins DFA with Touki going down and Gausman/Ender getting brought back from assignment.

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Makes the immediate roster decision for Bryse easy. Now to see who will start Saturday with no off-day this week.

Would be Kolby Allard's day to start in AAA.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Would be Kolby Allard's day to start in AAA.

Didn't he get abruptly pulled from his start last night? That's a roll of the dice though with a potential trade chip. If he gets shelled, could cause some immediacy bias.