Unknøwn

Braves @ Brewers

406 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, K26dp said:

With Fried and Wilson, yes. Flowers gets stuck on a certain pitch and hitters start catching on. McCann does a better job of mixing up the pitches, sensing when a hitter is getting on a certain pitch. 

Soroka it doesn't seem to matter, but Soroka is a freak (in the best possible way). Teheran actually does much better with Flowers because his fastball really does better with a good framer.

100% agree. The pitch sequencing last night was absolutely terrible. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Gausman was dominant again at AAA last night. 7 IP, 6 H  2 ER, 10 K, 1 BB, 104 pitches, 75 strikes. Wouldnt surprise me to see him return next time through. That breaking ball and cutter hes been working on seems to be working right now.

Falconsfan567 and ATLBrave like this

Im glad we have Keuchel on the mound today but it sucks that he will miss the series against the Nationals.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

In starting to think we'll spend bigger on a SP instead of a RP this month. Go big for the impact SP and just find a reliable arm for the back of the pen. Boyd and Greene might be a good deal for us. Boyd doesnt have a long track record but hes really blossomed the last couple of seasons. Gets a lot of swings and misses and never walks people. One note on Boyd, he was drafted by the Anthopolous regime in Toronto. He was traded to Detroit for David Price.

Yep!! Would love to see Boyd and Greene in a Braves uniform.

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yes, everyone has been doing a great job these last few days. After that strange night a few days ago things have been smooth.

I hope everyone has realized what the common denominator has been to this pleasantness the last two days. It's not lost on me.

10 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Im glad we have Keuchel on the mound today but it sucks that he will miss the series against the Nationals.

I wonder if there's been any consideration of bringing him back on short rest on Sunday? I mean if you've got a chance to sweep or take 3 of 4 and for all intents and purposes put the nail in their coffin, I think you do it. With a kid I wouldn't. But Keuchel is a veteran who has experience pitching on short rest in the playoffs, so it probably wouldn't be a problem for him.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wonder if there's been any consideration of bringing him back on short rest on Sunday? I mean if you've got a chance to sweep or take 3 of 4 and for all intents and purposes put the nail in their coffin, I think you do it. With a kid I wouldn't. But Keuchel is a veteran who has experience pitching on short rest in the playoffs, so it probably wouldn't be a problem for him.

I wouldnt mind it if we did. Thought you had to miss the game today?

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

I wouldnt mind it if we did. Thought you had to miss the game today?

My schedule for today got changed to 5-9.

LouDog likes this

**** hard hit ball off the pitcher's glove for an out and Mac misses a HR by inches.

Please don't be one of those days.