Adrian Houser, 2-3, 4.01

Tuesday, 8:10

Bryse Wilson, 1-0, 6.14

Brandon Woodruff, 10-3, 3.67

Wednesday, 2:10

Dallas Keuchel, 3-2, 3.09

Chase Anderson, 4-2, 4.27

54 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Big stretch begins here. Three against the Brewers and then home for 4 against the surging Nationals.

The Nats know their season lives or dies on that 4 game series. Its gonna be a dog fight.

Borat likes this

57 minutes ago, LouDog said:

The Nats know their season lives or dies on that 4 game series. Its gonna be a dog fight.

And they have already lined up their best starters to face us in that series. I live close to DC, and these guys can't wait for that series against us.

14 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

And they have already lined up their best starters to face us in that series. I live close to DC, and these guys can't wait for that series against us.

Hopefully they decide to keep Scherzer out that series too. I think we are definitely going to have to face Strasburg, Corbin, and Sanchez though. We can do it though. 

39 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

There's 5 starters and it's 4 games... So I don't think they have a choice 

12 minutes ago, vietlanta said:

There's 5 starters and it's 4 games... So I don't think they have a choice 

I'm just saying that the Nats purposely arranged things so we wouldn't miss their best starters - regardless how long the series is.

DOB had a story on McCann and his impact in the clubhouse. Everyone pointed out that McCann is that veteran that calms everyone down. All the young guys are so amped and eager, McCann is that veteran presence that calms everyone down. DOB asked McCann if he was retiring after the season, he declined to answer right now. He did mention he feels amazing and his knee is finally after healthy after a few years of playing through pain. He had a procedure done over the winter on his knee. McCann also credited Chipper for his career and how much he taught him about hitting. He said he still talks to Chipper about hitting and is working on getting him to come around more. Of course it's old news now that Chipper transformed Dansby over the winter. So here's hoping McCann is very persuasive. 

If McCann wants to play next year, I can't see a reason for the Braves not to have him back.

If he doesn't want to play, he should be immediately installed as a coach or roving instructor if he wants to do that.

And failing that, they could put him in the booth with Franceour and that would be very entertaining too.

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

If McCann wants to play next year, I can't see a reason for the Braves not to have him back.

If he doesn't want to play, he should be immediately installed as a coach or roving instructor if he wants to do that.

And failing that, they could put him in the booth with Franceour and that would be very entertaining too.

While replacing Flowers should be in the top 5 of priorities this offseason, I'd argue that keeping Mac in some fashion should be right there with it. It's amazing the steadying presence he has provided for this team so far.

7 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

While replacing Flowers should be in the top 5 of priorities this offseason, I'd argue that keeping Mac in some fashion should be right there with it. It's amazing the steadying presence he has provided for this team so far.

I fully expect Flowers option to be declined. Theres some interesting backups out there like Chirinos and Castro that will be free agents.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

I fully expect Flowers option to be declined. Theres some interesting backups out there like Chirinos and Castro that will be free agents.

Castro is a possibility, but I would think Chirino's poor defense would keep him out of the conversation.

AJax would be an internal option now that he's actually a very strong defensive catcher.

34 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Glad to see Ynoa back with the team

I think right now, Ynoa should be getting Touki's innings until further reinforcements come. Unfortunately Toussaint has been pretty dreadful since early June (ERA a touch over 7).

Think this also (obviously) makes it necessary to acquire multiple RP's at the deadline. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves have cut into the Dodgers lead for the #1 seed. They've cut it down to 4.5 games entering today. Current win pace is 98 for the Braves.

this is awesome, think about how hot LA is and then think about the tear we are on right now. Gonna be an epic stretch in september 

I had a chance to attend the game last year in Milwaukee that stadium is very interesting 

29 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

I had a chance to attend the game last year in Milwaukee that stadium is very interesting 

It looks like an amusement park with that big yellow slide.