Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

Under 24 hours to sign Grady - Is it gonna happen?

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Because it would require them merging threads like a M O F O until people figure it out

And the fact M O F O turns into “gentleman” is hilarious.  Is there an updated list for the language filter?

Yes it's been updated because we live in a world where political correctness is deeper than dog sh, er poop. :lol:

As for Grady's Brink's truck contract, not gonna happen.

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

All the leverage Grady has is negated by the tag. If he could negotiate with other teams, then yeah, lots of leverage, on the tag, no leverage.

True but as someone said... when you have to use the tag multiple years... the price really goes up.

If they tag him this year will he be any cheaper next season if he stays healthy? Probably not... Most likely he'll be even more expensive.

When you kick these cans down the road they just appreciate and become more expensive.

7 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

I’ll be positive once we lock down the best player on our DLine for 5 years

Yep, if we ever let him walk it's going to take multiple players or a guy wanting even more money to replace him. We already have issues on the DL and need some better players, we lose Grady and this defense is pop warner league stuff.

15 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Health will be part of the discussion.

If Debo misses any time this year that price tag comes down because 'injury prone' starts getting thrown around.

Just curious but what were last seasons stats when Grady was out?  If I remember correctly it went from Bad to Disgusting.

Nearly identical in terms of ppg.  

2 games before his injury we allowed 80 points.  2 games while he was out we allowed 70 points

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Wasn’t it a sign & trade?  Hopkins also has lower CAP % and so does AB.

The Giants signed him earlier in the year and traded him, so they're responsible for most of his cap hit. Same goes for AB

And I think the way they're counting it isn't by the 188m cap but by how much cap they've actually spent. Which is probably why Hopkins is lower. That's the only reason I can think of.

I would serious be on the phone right now looking at trades.  I doubt we would get the value required for Grady, but don't tell me the front office isn't trying to look at what other teams might give for him.  The best case is he plays on one year tag and then we trade/re-tag him, but I don't think there is anyway we sign him for what he thinks he is worth.  His agent just might be playing chicken with the front office since AB shot off his month about Falcon for life, but no way Grady is worth more than 17 or 18 million a year.  No freaking way.

3 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I would serious be on the phone right now looking at trades.  I doubt we would get the value required for Grady, but don't tell me the front office isn't trying to look at what other teams might give for him.  The best case is he plays on one year tag and then we trade/re-tag him, but I don't think there is anyway we sign him for what he thinks he is worth.  His agent just might be playing chicken with the front office since AB shot off his month about Falcon for life, but no way Grady is worth more than 17 or 18 million a year.  No freaking way.

This makes zero sense.  If they were going to trade him, the lowest and worst possible value he could have is right now up against the deadline when all the other teams are operating from a position of power.  The Falcons aren't desperate.  They have time.  TATF freaking out about this is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The Giants signed him earlier in the year and traded him, so they're responsible for most of his cap hit. Same goes for AB

And I think the way they're counting it isn't by the 188m cap but by how much cap they've actually spent. Which is probably why Hopkins is lower. That's the only reason I can think of.

I think the last paragraph is what’s going on

12 minutes ago, athell said:

This makes zero sense.  If they were going to trade him, the lowest and worst possible value he could have is right now up against the deadline when all the other teams are operating from a position of power.  The Falcons aren't desperate.  They have time.  TATF freaking out about this is ridiculous.

I know it makes no sense and no one with a Brain in their head wants to watch him leave.  He will probably play under the tag next year, but we cannot function as a team with max type of contracts given to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Free, True, Tebo.  Something has to give.  So tell me, who do we let go?  Unless we want to have several other position players that suck.

Just now, schwarzenegger321 said:

I know it makes no sense and no one with a Brain in their head wants to watch him leave.  He will probably play under the tag next year, but we cannot function as a team with max type of contracts given to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Free, True, Tebo.  Something has to give.  So tell me, who do we let go?  Unless we want to have several other position players that suck.

I agree with what you are saying.  I don't sweat contracts like some.  I trust TD.  So to your question, I dunno.  I know there are cut candidates like Sanu and Mack.  Tru would net us $5m (not that I would do it), Vic should come off the board at $13m.  There are ALWAYS moves to be made.  ALWAYS.  People freak out about the salary cap every single year and every single year magic happens, numbers get moved, space is opened, things happen.

Just sit back and let it play out.  You, nor I, have zero control over what happens so why get upset?  It will happen or it won't.  I suspect TD has a plan for both so I'm not worried.