Under 24 hours to sign Grady - Is it gonna happen?

13 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

How many times can you franchise tag a player?

Three times I believe but the third time is astronomically high - I believe 3rd time is 120% of the previous year.

I see this as a two year franchise tag.  More than likely you trade him the 2nd year for more than you would get if you let him walk.

Hopefully we sign him next year though.  That would be my preference.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My prediction: If Falcons don’t re-sign Grady, TATF will complain. If Falcons do re-sign Grady, it will also be a beitchfest when the numbers come out.

Oh, so you are just a full blown troll.  Got it.

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out thi

20 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Remember, Grady has no leverage because he can be tagged next year as well. He has to work that much hard to get his numbers to AD. 

The Falcons are not going to allow him just walk. It is better for him to get the long term contract than waiting for 2 years to get one. 

That doesn’t make sense. The cap number goes up and we don’t get cap relief from signing a deal and could deal with a potential hold out. 

For a player to be franchise tagged two straight years, the team must pay 120 percent of the player's previous salary. If it's three straight years, the team must pay the player 144 percent of his previous salary.

Edited by ButSkiuup
11 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

2017 Eagles Injuries

Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Carson Wentz, most or all of their secondary, and even their frikking KICKER finished the year on IR. Several other important players missed one or more games. They stil slipped by us mainly on heart, guts, and want-it-more.

Jason Peters played half the season. Carson Wentz played the majority of the season that got them home field advantage. Their injuries that season were not as ****ing as the Falcons who lost the both starting safety positions and starting mlb within the first two game. Also both guards at some point. 

2 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

Jason Peters played half the season. Carson Wentz played the majority of the season that got them home field advantage. Their injuries that season were not as ****ing as the Falcons who lost the both starting safety positions and starting mlb within the first two game. Also both guards at some point. 

Falcons also lost starting RB Devonta Freeman after the second game last season.

33 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

My prediction:

If Falcons don’t re-sign Grady, TATF will complain.

If Falcons do re-sign Grady, it will also be a beitchfest when the numbers come out.

:ninja:

I can only speak for myself, in that I will beach when the numbers come out.  There are already some beaches out there based on Grady not being signed so your prediction looks safe.

20 minutes ago, ButSkiuup said:

That doesn’t make sense. The cap number goes up and we don’t get cap relief from signing a deal and could deal with a potential hold out. 

For a player to be franchise tagged two straight years, the team must pay 120 percent of the player's previous salary. If it's three straight years, the team must pay the player 144 percent of his previous salary.

Because 15 mil this  year and 18 mil next year are still  lot cheaper than 50 mil guaranteed, or 60, or 70.

If the Falcons franchise Grady next year, my expectation it would be to trade him. 

Grady has no leverage because he can't leave for at least 2 years. 

I like the 'double dip at DT logic'

Seeing as how there is 1 good/decent DT on the roster I think it's safe to say good DTs don't grow on trees and the Falcons haven't had the best of luck finding them.

The Falcons needed to double dip on DTs 2 years ago WITH Grady on the roster.  Instead they took a WR and Corner....

Grady's agent knows he has the Falcons where he wants them because...

1.  Good DTs are hard to come by in the NFL so there's a HUGE market

2.  He's only 26!

3.  The Falcons painted themselves into a corner by ignoring the trenches the last few years.

I said it last season... Every play Grady made added a million dollars to his contract.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Falcons get themselves into this situation....  The writing has been on the wall for over a year and the Falcons have given themselves ZERO leverage...

37 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

My prediction:

If Falcons don’t re-sign Grady, TATF will complain.

If Falcons do re-sign Grady, it will also be a beitchfest when the numbers come out.

:ninja:

Not only that, people who complain that TD can't draft get mad when the team ends up having to pay the good players he drafted.

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Because 15 mil this  year and 18 mil next year are still  lot cheaper than 50 mil guaranteed, or 60, or 70.

If the Falcons franchise Grady next year, my expectation it would be to trade him. 

Grady has no leverage because he can't leave for at least 2 years. 

But signing him to a deal at least frees up cap to pay Julio and Deion 

16 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out this year. We can’t afford to pay what he wants. We double dip at DT in the draft as Grady walks. 

i said the same about Vic Beasley..        our DLine will be unreal but we will lose both next year in FA... im ok with it tho.. i think we have the right staff to find the next top guys in the draft..  i wanna continue to build a team that is competitive every year and not be hindered by the salary cap...    if we sign him to a big deal we lose, Neal or DEBO.. those guys are too valuable!!:(

10 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

6 minutes ago, theProf said:

Falcons also lost starting RB Devonta Freeman after the second game last season.

Unfortunately when it comes to injuries Arthur Blank doesn't care.

See Dan Reeves,  see Jim Mora, and see Mike Smith....

Mike Smith basically lost the starting oline and the one starter switched from RT to LT... and he was still fired.  The MOST successfull Falcons head coach in history who only had 2 losing seasons....and they were both injury riddled.

Yeah.... when it comes to the boss injuries don't matter.

13 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I like the 'double dip at DT logic'

Seeing as how there is 1 good/decent DT on the roster I think it's safe to say good DTs don't grow on trees and the Falcons haven't had the best of luck finding them.

The Falcons needed to double dip on DTs 2 years ago WITH Grady on the roster.  Instead they took a WR and Corner....

Grady's agent knows he has the Falcons where he wants them because...

Regarding the bolded.  You know whose agent really has us by the balls: Debo.  We allow 19 ppg with him on the field and 26 ppg when he is out.  Our TD% goes from 3.6% to 7.0% when he is out