Under 24 hours to sign Grady - Is it gonna happen?

g-dawg

1 hour ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

This is a wild tangent, but no: OJ couldn't have done it. Several reasons why:

• Ron Goldman was stabbed and cut 40+ times according to his autopsy report: all from the front and sides. Estimates for how long he fought for his life were over a minute. His knuckles were bruised from striking back at his attacker. OJ had not one bruise from a struggle anywhere on his body. Not one.
  • There was not one drop of Ron Goldman's blood inside the Bronco, and only 5 drops of Nicole's blood on the passenger side. Whoever killed those two would have been drenched in blood. There would have been pools of blood from both Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson in and around the driver's seat of that Bronco.
  • The cut on OJ's finger was a different finger than the cut on the glove.
  • OJ talked with and interacted with passengers and crew of the airplane he flew out on. Everyone said he acted reasonably normal. Have you actually seen "Towering Inferno"? Or "The Naked Gun" series? Had he just brutally murdered his wife, struggled for a minute or more while killing another man, he would not have acted normal. He is NOT  that good an actor.
  • OJ's IQ is roughly equivalent to that of an above-average German Shepherd. There is no way he could have outsmarted the LAPD, even as inept as they were. He would have had to have been a mastermind criminal.

THE “IF I DID IT” BOOK — There’s no greater way to say “I’m guilty” than to publish a book detailing how you would hypothetically do it, all in the name of profit. An excerpt from the book reads:

“If I had actually done it… I would have brought my good gloves that day. I would have thought it was shame they shrunk when I left them out on the patio, but I would have brought them just the same. They were my lucky gloves, and I would have needed them cause I was going to stab my slut of a wife… hypothetically.”

DNA — The prosecution of Simpson’s case presented compelling DNA evidence, including matching bloody footprints, hair follicles, and a glove found near Simpson’s home containing blood that tested positive as belonging to Goldman. Blood was also found in Simpson’s Ford Bronco near the driver’s outside door handle. Other blood samples were smeared inside on the console, door, steering wheel, and carpeting. DNA tests showed some of the blood consisted of a mixture of Simpson’s genetic markers and the victims’.

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

THE “IF I DID IT” BOOK — There’s no greater way to say “I’m guilty” than to publish a book detailing how you would hypothetically do it, all in the name of profit. An excerpt from the book reads:

“If I had actually done it… I would have brought my good gloves that day. I would have thought it was shame they shrunk when I left them out on the patio, but I would have brought them just the same. They were my lucky gloves, and I would have needed them cause I was going to stab my slut of a wife… hypothetically.”

DNA — The prosecution of Simpson’s case presented compelling DNA evidence, including matching bloody footprints, hair follicles, and a glove found near Simpson’s home containing blood that tested positive as belonging to Goldman. Blood was also found in Simpson’s Ford Bronco near the driver’s outside door handle. Other blood samples were smeared inside on the console, door, steering wheel, and carpeting. DNA tests showed some of the blood consisted of a mixture of Simpson’s genetic markers and the victims’.

So the last Grady thread turned into “kumbaya” meditation thread and now OJ thread on this one by the same people complaining about “another Grady thread”.

makes perfect sense.

TATF my ***.

Grady Jarrett is the most overrated player on the entire roster.  He's a good DT but in no universe is he worth $22M per year right now.  He's not quite the game wrecking force that most people seem to think he is.  He's just our team's best player on the DL.  But that doesn't mean there aren't other guys we can get for a lot less who would be almost as good.

12 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out this year. We can’t afford to pay what he wants. We double dip at DT in the draft as Grady walks. 

Arthur said Grady is a Falcon 4 life.

34 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Grady Jarrett is the most overrated player on the entire roster.  He's a good DT but in no universe is he worth $22M per year right now.  He's not quite the game wrecking force that most people seem to think he is.  He's just our team's best player on the DL.  But that doesn't mean there aren't other guys we can get for a lot less who would be almost as good.

LOL.

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I would tell that F’ng agent that Grady will be franchised again in 2020 and then likely traded if Falcons can get better than a 3rd rd pick for him.

LeVeon Bell lost money with his shenanigans.

Either way I would hate to lose Grady. People who don’t think he has a big impact because the stats don’t explode off the screen are way off. The trenches can’t always (and more then often can’t) be measured by stats. You gotta really watch film to see a lot of impact 

12 hours ago, apl2g said:

Nope. They will let him play out the year on the tag and walk next year

Why would you let him walk for 3rd round comp pick that you wouldn’t receive until 2021?

You can tag him again, Trade him prior to 2020 draft, and should get a pick or package of picks better than 3rd rounder - and the kicker is you get the pick in 2020.

NO, you don’t “let him walk”.  Use your leverage.

Just now, Nino11 said:

Either way I would hate to lose Grady. People who don’t think he has a big impact because the stats don’t explode off the screen are way off. The trenches can’t always (and more then often can’t) be measured by stats. You gotta really watch film to see a lot of impact 

I don’t disagree and that is why I would use maximum leverage that CBA affords ownership that controls the player movement.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I don’t disagree and that is why I would use maximum leverage that CBA affords ownership that controls the player movement.

That may set a bad precedent though. Grady was a 5th rounder that far exceeded his draft status. Those are the first guy you should pay. He’s been a pro his whole career, no off the field problems etc. I understand it’s a team and only so much pie to go around. You gotta have your core guys you take care of though 

4 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

That may set a bad precedent though. Grady was a 5th rounder that far exceeded his draft status. Those are the first guy you should pay. He’s been a pro his whole career, no off the field problems etc. I understand it’s a team and only so much pie to go around. You gotta have your core guys you take care of though 

You pay him market value.  Not a penny more.  Clearly the two sides disagree on what his market value is

11 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

If Falcons are offering $17-18mm/yr ($45-50mm guaranteed) and the generous owner goes on record saying he wants Grady to be a “Falcon4Life” and Grady’s greedy agent wants $20mm+/yr - I don’t see the bad precedent there.

I believe the players know what’s up on some level as do the fans.