Under 24 hours to sign Grady - Is it gonna happen?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My prediction: If Falcons don’t re-sign Grady, TATF will complain. If Falcons do re-sign Grady, it will also be a beitchfest when the numbers come out.

Oh, so you are just a full blown troll.  Got it.

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out thi

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Here is the problem: Grady wants to be paid like someone who has produced double digit sacks multiple times.

I think he may do it this year.  But he hasn’t come close in his first 4 years.  

He's a great player. It's he the greatest this year, no. Top 5, maybe. But regardless defense wins you rings. So until I see an offense streak of 80% wins by offense teams in a 15 year span, I'll continue to say throw money at players like Jarret VS Julio. 

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Here is the problem: Grady wants to be paid like someone who has produced double digit sacks multiple times.

I think he may do it this year.  But he hasn’t come close in his first 4 years.  

A defensive tackle's value is not measured strictly in sacks. There are plenty of HoF DT's who never had gaudy sack totals.

Run defense, pressure, overall disruption of the opposing offense and their blocking schemes--- a great defensive tackle's true worth often never appears on a stat sheet.

23 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

A defensive tackle's value is not measured strictly in sacks. There are plenty of HoF DT's who never had gaudy sack totals.

Run defense, pressure, overall disruption of the opposing offense and their blocking schemes--- a great defensive tackle's true worth often never appears on a stat sheet.

Very true.  

But if you want 20 million as an interior DL, you need to be elite stopping the run, rushing the passer, getting run stops, eating up multiple lineman, tackles behind the LOS and sacking the QB.  Grady checks most of those boxes.  Just needs the sacks and I think he gets them in 2019

But remember: Grady at 20 APY is $3,000,000 more than the Patriots paid their entire Defensive Line (DE’s & DT’s) in 2018

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Funny story: OJ stopped taking his arthritis medicine two weeks prior to trying on the gloves.  As such, his hands were swollen so they wouldn’t fit. The fact his blood was in them proved irrelevant.

In court, never ask a question you don’t 100% know the answer to already.  

He did it. All but the jury knows based on the evidence.

17 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

The jury knew he did it, too.  But the judge reads the instructions and the jury has to follow. Defense created reasonable doubt and won. 

Crooked cops...gloves don’t fit....Voila: Reasonable doubt.  The fact the acquittal likely prevented serious riots, thus saving lives also plays into it

In a perfect world, Mr Goldman meets up with OJ in a dark alley and takes his vengeance and neither police nor DA will give s single duck

2 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

This is a wild tangent, but no: OJ couldn't have done it. Several reasons why:

• Ron Goldman was stabbed and cut 40+ times according to his autopsy report: all from the front and sides. Estimates for how long he fought for his life were over a minute. His knuckles were bruised from striking back at his attacker. OJ had not one bruise from a struggle anywhere on his body. Not one.
  • There was not one drop of Ron Goldman's blood inside the Bronco, and only 5 drops of Nicole's blood on the passenger side. Whoever killed those two would have been drenched in blood. There would have been pools of blood from both Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson in and around the driver's seat of that Bronco.
  • The cut on OJ's finger was a different finger than the cut on the glove.
  • OJ talked with and interacted with passengers and crew of the airplane he flew out on. Everyone said he acted reasonably normal. Have you actually seen "Towering Inferno"? Or "The Naked Gun" series? Had he just brutally murdered his wife, struggled for a minute or more while killing another man, he would not have acted normal. He is NOT  that good an actor.
  • OJ's IQ is roughly equivalent to that of an above-average German Shepherd. There is no way he could have outsmarted the LAPD, even as inept as they were. He would have had to have been a mastermind criminal.

6 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

This is a wild tangent, but no: OJ couldn't have done it. Several reasons why:

• Ron Goldman was stabbed and cut 40+ times according to his autopsy report: all from the front and sides. Estimates for how long he fought for his life were over a minute. His knuckles were bruised from striking back at his attacker. OJ had not one bruise from a struggle anywhere on his body. Not one.
  • There was not one drop of Ron Goldman's blood inside the Bronco, and only 5 drops of Nicole's blood on the passenger side. Whoever killed those two would have been drenched in blood. There would have been pools of blood from both Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson in and around the driver's seat of that Bronco.
  • The cut on OJ's finger was a different finger than the cut on the glove.
  • OJ talked with and interacted with passengers and crew of the airplane he flew out on. Everyone said he acted reasonably normal. Have you actually seen "Towering Inferno"? Or "The Naked Gun" series? Had he just brutally murdered his wife, struggled for a minute or more while killing another man, he would not have acted normal. He is NOT  that good an actor.
  • OJ's IQ is roughly equivalent to that of an above-average German Shepherd. There is no way he could have outsmarted the LAPD, even as inept as they were. He would have had to have been a mastermind criminal.

LOL...though I suspect you’re right about OJ & the German Shepherd.

He sure could tote the rock, though.  And he ain’t got nothing on the biggest fraud in professional sports: Jim Brown.  Serial rapist piece of crap who threw his girlfriend off a third story building head first and nobody cares.

Thread lock down in 10 min

Anyone who knows me knows I'm all for capitalism. 

But when it comes to modern day pro athlete paychecks?   

These guys need to have a clause injected into the end of every rookie contract,  that stipulates they will spend 3 months during the summer getting up at 3am and making biscuits at HARDEES, or flipping cakes at IHOP, or grading ditches for sewer lines (all of which I've done btw)...before they are allowed to negotiate their next contract. 

Playing kids' games for millions of dollars every year would soon take on a whole different shade.   

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I doubt it. Aside from the question of financial feasibility, I think it's possible that the front office might not want to lock themselves into a very expensive long-term deal for a fairly scheme-specific undersized DT that may not fit the scheme of a possible new coaching staff. They may want to see if DQ can pull us out of the slow downward spiral we are in before locking in pieces that might not fit every scheme.

Slow downward spiral?

Last year we were killed by injuries. 

Two years ago we handled the Rams and came within a play of beating the Eagles, the eventual SB winners. This was in Sark’s rookie season as a play caller in the NFL. 

Three years ago we were in the Super Bowl and  should’ve won. 

Barring injury this season, I fully expect DQ to lead this team into another playoff run. 

Last year was the only real terrible season we’ve had with DQ as the HC. I put the blame squarely on injuries last year. 

21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

LOL...though I suspect you’re right about OJ & the German Shepherd.

#9 O.J. Simpson

He is an American former running back, actor, broadcaster, advertising spokesman, and a convicted robber. His trial on murder charges was one of the most celebrated criminal trials in American history.

Simpson assembled a legal “dream team” of lawyers for his trial, which reportedly cost him around $50,000 per day.

It is thought that his IQ is around 89.

I read one time that a German Shepherd, a Border Collie, a Doberman, or a standard Poodle can all have an IQ of 85 or better.

If the Falcons cave into Grady and his apparent demands for $20 million/year like his agent's other clients Aaron Donald/Fletcher Cox, they will never be able to afford to sign players like Deion Jones or Keanu Neal.

Grady is a great player in this defense but certainly cannot play coverage or tackle a RB on a sweep to the outside.  The Falcons cannot let his overinflated ego overinflate their salaries.

45 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The jury knew he did it, too.  But the judge reads the instructions and the jury has to follow. Defense created reasonable doubt and won. 

Crooked cops...gloves don’t fit....Voila: Reasonable doubt.  The fact the acquittal likely prevented serious riots, thus saving lives also plays into it

In a perfect world, Mr Goldman meets up with OJ in a dark alley and takes his vengeance and neither police nor DA will give s single duck

In a perfect world, Trayvon Martin's dad meets up with George Zimmerman in a dark alley and takes his vengeance and neither the police nor DA give a single duck.

1 minute ago, sandtrap said:

Slow downward spiral?

Last year we were killed by injuries. 

Two years ago we handled the Rams and came within a play of beating the Eagles, the eventual SB winners. This was in Sark’s rookie season as a play caller in the NFL. 

Three years ago we were in the Super Bowl and  should’ve won. 

Barring injury this season, I fully expect DQ to lead this team into another playoff run. 

Last year was the only real terrible season we’ve had with DQ as the HC. I put the blame squarely on injuries last year. 

When the Iggles won the Super Bowl, they did so without several star players, including their starting QB. Injuries are a weak and lame excuse.

5 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

When the Iggles won the Super Bowl, they did so without several star players, including their starting QB. Injuries are a weak and lame excuse.

Could we list those star players?

Doesn't mean depth was the same between the 2 teams.

Foles was like a super backup with experience in WCO. If it was another sort of backup QB they don’t make the SB.

After all, Falcons basically beat themselves running a hobbled Free too often over the hot Coleman with a first year NFL playcaller. Foles didn’t do jack vs us in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Could we list those star players?

Doesn't mean depth was the same between the 2 teams.

Foles was like a super backup with experience in WCO. If it was another sort of backup QB they don’t make the SB.

2017 Eagles Injuries

Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Carson Wentz, most or all of their secondary, and even their frikking KICKER finished the year on IR. Several other important players missed one or more games. They stil slipped by us mainly on heart, guts, and want-it-more.

3 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

2017 Eagles Injuries

Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Carson Wentz, most or all of their secondary, and even their frikking KICKER finished the year on IR. Several other important players missed one or more games. They stil slipped by us mainly on heart, guts, and want-it-more.

Eagles were absolutely decimated with injuries. We were favored to beat them on the road in the playoffs.  By 3 points.  That never happens

18 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

2017 Eagles Injuries

Pederson was on fire in 2017 tho.

We all know our offense has not been the same since 2016.

Yes, they did overcome some key injuries, but I didn’t see their OL struggle with their backup to Peters.

Still scored at a high pace and again, Foles was a good system backup so the Wentz loss was not as devastating as most other teams would’ve experienced.

Also their secondary was injured in 2018 not 2017. I think they had a starting S and starting LB out vs us but their good front 7 was remaining and they still had a solid secondary.

We didn’t have a remaining good unit on the Defense with our injuries so not the same. DL sucked. LBs sucked without Debo most of the season. Secondary was garbage. So roster construction was not at the same spot.

To me, an offensive guru overcame a couple injuries on that side and piggy rode on the backs of a very good defense that happened to have a couple injuries but was overall still a good unit.

3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Great idea! Let's NOT post messages ON A MESSAGE BOARD and just stare blankly at our screens! That sounds so entertaining!!!

i see you’ve been staring at a computer screen too long , get some fresh air 

And lets keep writing the same things over and over thats sounds really “ENTERTAINING”

Edited by caponine