g-dawg

Under 24 hours to sign Grady - Is it gonna happen?

279 posts in this topic

I doubt it but who knows maybe td will work his magic and sprinkle some magic dust on a nice deal for him

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out this year. We can’t afford to pay what he wants. We double dip at DT in the draft as Grady walks. 

14 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Grady wants 22 million next year which is way more than we are willing to pay. He’s hitting his stride and already let it be known he wants to hit the open market. He’s going to play his heart out this year. We can’t afford to pay what he wants. We double dip at DT in the draft as Grady walks. 

I would TAG him again at 18 mill next year if it comes down to it

I don't think so regardless of what Arthur said. He wants Aaron Donald money but doesn't have Aaron Donald production. Now if he leads the league in sacks this season, they may give him Donald money next season. Otherwise I think he's gone.

Of course since I said that they will probably sign him to a ten year deal tomorrow morning. :lol:

PokerSteve likes this

7 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Nope .. we fumble the bag . Like always . 

Would you sign him before extending Julio or Debo?  Honest question.

13 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I don't think so regardless of what Arthur said. He wants Aaron Donald money but doesn't have Aaron Donald production. Now if he leads the league in sacks this season, they may give him Donald money next season. Otherwise I think he's gone.

Of course since I said that they will probably sign him to a ten year deal tomorrow morning. :lol:

If Grady wants 20 mill and he goes out and gets 14 sacks this year, I don’t see his value going up over 20 mill APY regardless.  So maybe they are wisely playing the waiting game?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

What you guys think?

Nope. They will let him play out the year on the tag and walk next year

I doubt it. Aside from the question of financial feasibility, I think it's possible that the front office might not want to lock themselves into a very expensive long-term deal for a fairly scheme-specific undersized DT that may not fit the scheme of a possible new coaching staff. They may want to see if DQ can pull us out of the slow downward spiral we are in before locking in pieces that might not fit every scheme.

Chaz likes this

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Would you sign him before extending Julio or Debo?  Honest question.

In this order .. Debo, Jarrett, Julio . For this year . 

FalconsIn2020 likes this