quotemokc

Matt Ryan Played Like an MVP in 2018... and NO ONE Cared

62 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

To be honest Matt Ryan SHOULD be able to win a Lombardi or two before he retires with all the talent he has around him if he is an elite Quarterback. 

He SHOULD have won with his talent in SB51, but here we are.

8 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

No one cares until you win a Superbowl.  You may not like it, but accept it.

He did win a Superbowl, it's just that his OC had a stroke in the final few minutes of the game, which rendered it loss.

Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

He SHOULD have won with his talent in SB51, but here we are.

Well he's got super bowl experience now let's see if he can redeem himself.

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Well he's got super bowl experience now let's see if he can redeem himself.

I really wonder if he'll get back tbh.

3 hours ago, crimsonhawk said:

He did win a Superbowl, it's just that his OC had a stroke in the final few minutes of the game, which rendered it loss.

Heh, if only our trophy case reflected that.

6 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I really wonder if he'll get back tbh.

They should get back if Dan Quinn gets that defense rolling. The offense should be fine. 

21 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

When Ryan finishes his career with the most passing yards in league history, people will take notice

That would be da bomb!!!  I am thinking #5 is more likely, #3 as a ceiling.  But #1 means we don’t have to worry about a QB until I am almost 50.  And I am great with that

53 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

That would be da bomb!!!  I am thinking #5 is more likely, #3 as a ceiling.  But #1 means we don’t have to worry about a QB until I am almost 50.  And I am great with that

I think it’s actually very possible to be #1. If he averages 4300 passing yards over the next 7 seasons, he would exceed the yards that Drew Brees currently has right now. 

Ergo Proxy and Drew4719 like this

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They should get back if Dan Quinn gets that defense rolling. The offense should be fine. 

The issue is other teams are improving too.  Already need the stars to align to even get there, and it won't be any easier this year.  I don't think Ryan and Quinn sniff another SB, although the talent may be there.

Posted (edited)

Its about rings, thats why nobody cared. Had the Falcons won that superbowl, the conversation would be different.  Eli Manning isn't a better quarterback than Ryan but Eli is held in higher esteem because of those rings...

This quote below is from 2012.  The SAME way of thinking by fans outside Atlanta still applies today:

" any Giants fan would be crazy not to prefer Matt Ryan as their QB as opposed to Eli—he’s simply been better. That said, we all know how much emphasis is put on playoff performance—where Eli is 5-3 with a ring and Matt Ryan is 0-3—given today's loss to the Giants.

Needless to say, I think it’s fair to call Matt Ryan the more talented quarterback. He’s also four years younger than Eli, so he’s got a lot of football left in front of him. But he’ll need to start having some success in the playoffs if he wants to look back at his NFL legacy one day and be considered a better player than Eli Manning. "

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1015657-eli-manning-vs-matt-ryan-who-is-a-better-fit-for-the-new-york-giants

Edited by slickgadawg

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

All that matters is playing like a Superbowl MVP.

Exactly.

Which he did, but that award goes to the winning TEAM. Obviously.

Ryan can play like an MVP but not win the game.

Godzilla1985 likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Exactly.

Which he did, but that award goes to the winning TEAM. Obviously.

Ryan can play like an MVP but not win the game.

And until he does, he won't get the respect his fans think he deserves.

4 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

And until he does, he won't get the respect his fans think he deserves.

That’s not respect. It’s just banter and flashing a ring.

He could win a SB with a terrible performance and “get respect” for it.

So “respect” in this way is nothing more than fake. People don’t watch the game.

Not when you keep choking and losing. How can you expect people to take you serious when we’ve looked like a circus the last few years with all these mistakes ?? 

On 7/14/2019 at 11:58 AM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

The issue is other teams are improving too.  Already need the stars to align to even get there, and it won't be any easier this year.  I don't think Ryan and Quinn sniff another SB, although the talent may be there.

But while other teams are improving so are the falcons. They didn’t stay stagnant. Last year would’ve been tough for ANY team to overcome. Including the New England Brady’s. It was an anomaly. Won’t happen twice. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

But while other teams are improving so are the falcons. They didn’t stay stagnant. Last year would’ve been tough for ANY team to overcome. Including the New England Brady’s. It was an anomaly. Won’t happen twice. 

We improved two fold.  

We get basically 4 Pro Bowl players back.

Plus Kazee and Foye are much better players now with s year of PR under their wings 

On 7/13/2019 at 1:35 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

1.  You think that about Sark and then you go back and watch the Pats game last year and then you’re like ‘oh....’

2.  The line has much to prove.  3 new starters 2 of which might be rookies.  At least there’s depth from a numbers game.

We didn't play the Pats last year ???? :huh::huh:

On 7/13/2019 at 2:20 AM, Dem Birds said:

Sark definitely had games where he was the problem but with no running back and losing both starting guards, I would just say I'd like to see how he improved from year 1 to 2 with a healthy team. 

EXACTLY. What was the first thing people said when we hired Dirk? "Fix the oline and he will be fine" Really, come on. People admit the oline was the issue then use it against Sark.

Matt Ryan is the man though. Really is a crime he isn't a household name.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, TheFatboi said:

Some would say 2016 was the anomaly.  We'll see.