quotemokc

Matt Ryan Played Like an MVP in 2018... and NO ONE Cared

62 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not the first guy to say it but good video. :tiphat: 

More and more people are starting to take notice lately. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see him with a capable offensive coordinator (though I didn't think Sark was entirely to blame for some of our offensive struggles) and what should, at least eventually, be the best offensive line of his career. 

The Vent King and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I can't wait to see him with a capable offensive coordinator (though I didn't think Sark was entirely to blame for some of our offensive struggles) and what should, at least eventually, be the best offensive line of his career. 

1.  You think that about Sark and then you go back and watch the Pats game last year and then you’re like ‘oh....’

2.  The line has much to prove.  3 new starters 2 of which might be rookies.  At least there’s depth from a numbers game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

1.  You think that about Sark and then you go back and watch the Pats game last year and then you’re like ‘oh....’

2.  The line has much to prove.  3 new starters 2 of which might be rookies.  At least there’s depth from a numbers game.

Sark definitely had games where he was the problem but with no running back and losing both starting guards, I would just say I'd like to see how he improved from year 1 to 2 with a healthy team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is going to care how much good stats you put up on a losing team. Even when Drew Brees went 7-9 three years in a row and 4 out of 5 seasons, his attention had faded a little compared to 2009-2011, but that changed once his teams returned to form in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Sark definitely had games where he was the problem but with no running back and losing both starting guards, I would just say I'd like to see how he improved from year 1 to 2 with a healthy team. 

Look at Sarks offensive points per game against teams with winning records compared to Shanahan. That’s all everyone needed to see.

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first 6-7 weeks of last season was killing me over that cause Ryan was absolutely killing it and because of the team’s record not only was MVP2 being overlooked he was getting blamed for the losses in some circles. I was like how can a QB who at the time hadn’t even thrown one INT and leading most QB statistical categories be this overlook and/or blamed for this? 

I hope the Iceman makes all these dismissive critics eat it more this season than any other.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Dan Marino disagrees...

No one cares about QBs without rings .. championships are the high card . Anything below is just that . A great QB with no rings is equivalent to winning a conference .. like “sure you had a great run but you didn’t get what mattered in the end .” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

When Ryan finishes his career with the most passing yards in league history, people will take notice

When we finally win the big one I can see all the sports-talk shows the next day, “Have we been underrating Matt Ryan this whole time?”. The sad thing is, that would’ve been a talking point after 51 if we didn’t blow the game. People will just intentionally ignore anything good Matt Ryan does until we win it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

When we finally win the big one I can see all the sports-talk shows the next day, “Have we been underrating Matt Ryan this whole time?”. The sad thing is, that would’ve been a talking point after 51 if we didn’t blow the game. People will just intentionally ignore anything good Matt Ryan does until we win it all.

As Ryan has gotten a little older, I've actually noticed that he is getting more and more respect from the outside analysts. It's usually football fans, including our own, that completely underestimate him. You should look at Carolina Huddle or Saints Report. I'd say 90% of Panthers and Saints fans think Ryan completely sucks. 

Ergo Proxy, Drew4719 and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Dan Marino disagrees...

The usual response, but people make an exception for Marino that they won't for Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

As Ryan has gotten a little older, I've actually noticed that he is getting more and more respect from the outside analysts. It's usually football fans, including our own, that completely underestimate him. You should look at Carolina Huddle or Saints Report. I'd say 90% of Panthers and Saints fans think Ryan completely sucks. 

 

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

The usual response, but people make an exception for Marino that they won't for Ryan.

 

4 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

When we finally win the big one I can see all the sports-talk shows the next day, “Have we been underrating Matt Ryan this whole time?”. The sad thing is, that would’ve been a talking point after 51 if we didn’t blow the game. People will just intentionally ignore anything good Matt Ryan does until we win it all.

To be honest Matt Ryan SHOULD be able to win a Lombardi or two before he retires with all the talent he has around him if he is an elite Quarterback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now