Precyse

Is Ridley, Sanu and Julio the best Trio in 2019?

37 posts in this topic

Hard to argue we don't have one of (if not the) best WR corp talent-wise.   Julio is the best all-around WR in the league imo.  Calvin is on the verge of being a legit #1b WR and Sanu is arguably one of the most dynamic chain movers and team-players in the league.  Throw in what Hooper can do and no reason we can't move the ball through the air.  Will be interesting to see who is WR5/WR6 will be (assuming Gage will be WR4).  That leaves Hardy and Green (may have a leg up if he returns well); the familiar Blake and Grey and UDFA newcomers in Zaccheaus and Bane.

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I’m thinking defensively as well. We have run stoppers now, and I feel as if our defense has always been better when playing with a lead. They pin their ears back and can take chances when we are going to keep scoring anyway. Quinn’s defense in late 16 gave up yards but created tons of turnovers and reduced scoring. I’m ready for a fun to watch season.  

Feel the same way.I like the idea of our defense playing with a lead.It’ll allow DQ to go after other teams,this sit back and let offense dictate to us are long gone.

Run D sets this all up though on that side of the ball.

Sanu is good but nothing special compared to other WRs in the NFL.  C Ridley may end up being great, but wasn't nothing special his rookie season (nothing wrong with that).  I get the Falcons bias but MINN has 2 legit #1 WRs in Thielen and Diggs. The Rams have 3 good WRs as well.  Even CLE has 2 WR's #1 in OBjr and Landry.  

I just think you got to rate other teams ahead of us, unless you think Julio is enough to carry us over the rest of the teams, which I do not.  If Ridley can breakout and improve on his rookie season, then maybe at the end of the season we can be at the top but I wouldn't rank us #1.  Sometimes you got to take the Homer glasses off.  

Yes and it's not even close. Julio and.Ridley will be probowlers this year and Sanu is going to Sanu.

I think.Sanu tosses for 3 scores this season.

3 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Sanu is good but nothing special compared to other WRs in the NFL.  C Ridley may end up being great, but wasn't nothing special his rookie season (nothing wrong with that).  I get the Falcons bias but MINN has 2 legit #1 WRs in Thielen and Diggs. The Rams have 3 good WRs as well.  Even CLE has 2 WR's #1 in OBjr and Landry.  

I just think you got to rate other teams ahead of us, unless you think Julio is enough to carry us over the rest of the teams, which I do not.  If Ridley can breakout and improve on his rookie season, then maybe at the end of the season we can be at the top but I wouldn't rank us #1.  Sometimes you got to take the Homer glasses off.  

Who’s a better trio. You named teams with 2 threats. Being 2 #1 doesn’t make them better. Julio alone is better than Diggs and Thielen combined. You actually have a case with Landry and OBJ. But who has the better trio. The argument you’re trying to make makes no sense because the talent doesn’t add up. Your thinking says “well if this team has 2 #1’s, their automatically better”. Doesn’t work like that if the talent isn’t of equal value or better

TheFatboi, Drew4719 and Marco102 like this

On 7/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

You want to know what Julio would look like when he clearly loses a step? Just look at Sanu.

When Julio loses a step he’ll still be faster than most. He’s gonna have to lose a few steps to fall behind anybody. 

17 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Diggs isn’t a true #1. He’s a compliment guy. And name another rookie that did as well as Ridley with a #1 like Julio being the guy? The question was trio. As for Sanu he’s been the best 3rd Down wr the last 3 years. Who’s the 3rd wr minny has to compare? Julio is better than either diggs or thielen as a #1 and neither ha close to him. Ridley is already as good as either of them. And then add sanu. Now tell what wr TRIO is that good. If you took Julio away Calvin and Mo would still be a good tandem. I like both of those guys but they ain’t touching our guys. 

Now you said Ridley was nothing special? Ok maybe not. But 10 td’s And 800 yards as the #3 to Julio and Sanu. Go find me a #3 that had that kind of season as a ROOKIE!!! This any homer glasses. This is facts!!! OBJ wasn’t a #3 his rookie season. Matter fact I just can’t think of another. So I’m asking you to provide that information to me. What was Ridley supposed to do with Julio jones on the team anyway to be special lol. Your argument kinda doesn’t make sense. 

Landry isn’t a #1 either. He’s a compliment guy. That’s why they needed an OBJ. HE is a true #1. But the browns wr’s as a trio can’t touch the falcons. Who’s their 3rd guy? And since you’re playing the #1 card Ridley is a #1 in his own right. If you think Landry is better than Ridley then I can see why you feel the way you do. And I like Landry a lot. But he can’t take the top off a defense and he’s a possession guy like Sanu. Landry would be Justin hardy in our wr room. 

Marco102 and Drew4719 like this

On 7/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea...I can’t think of anyone better. Diggs, Theilan, and Rudolph are pretty good but still not close 

Browns are an interesting group as well. 

I would go:

(1) Falcons

(2) Vikes

(3) Browns