Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidecar Falcon

PFF’s State of the Franchise: Atlanta Falcons

29 posts in this topic

What the **** was that? Is anyone even sure McCary is going to win the starting RT?

Are they doing like 20 of these videos for each team or just looking at 2 positions from each team that they don't know much about?

Every time I think PFF may be useful, they talk some nonsense about Atlanta and I realize they are probably that off for other teams as well.

6 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Sidecar! Where ya been?

McGarys pass blocking grade 80. When was that considered sub-par.  Tackles are probably more prone to give up pressure.  It Lindstrom only gave up 4 in the year!

Hey bro it’s been awhile. Working and school mainly. Started back with weight training and BJJ again. My dance card had been pretty full. How have you been?

I think they are looking too much at McGary’s college opponents than how we are going to use him. PFF is doing 32 of these so I can imagine them rushing through making the content rather than analyzing the scheme. I personally think we’re going to have a way more balanced scheme this year than last. I expect a lot more running than previous years. 

7 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

What the **** was that? Is anyone even sure McCary is going to win the starting RT?

Are they doing like 20 of these videos for each team or just looking at 2 positions from each team that they don't know much about?

Every time I think PFF may be useful, they talk some nonsense about Atlanta and I realize they are probably that off for other teams as well.

No one is sure but I think the majority is expecting him to be the starter if not week 1, at some point during the season.

Sidecar Falcon and papachaz like this

I'm pretty happy about the state of the franchise. 

I have 2 concerns.

One concern is Koetter as OC.  He's been pretty bad at getting the run game going since he had MJD at Jax.  Run game is an important ingrediant to a championship team.  We had a great run game our last Super Bowl year with Shanahan.  

The other concern is pass rush which has been a common theme since losing John Abraham.  

shock, slickgadawg and papachaz like this

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Hey bro it’s been awhile. Working and school mainly. Started back with weight training and BJJ again. My dance card had been pretty full. How have you been?

I think they are looking too much at McGary’s college opponents than how we are going to use him. PFF is doing 32 of these so I can imagine them rushing through making the content rather than analyzing the scheme. I personally think we’re going to have a way more balanced scheme this year than last. I expect a lot more running than previous years. 

Working on the ole Key lock, eh.  Surprise!  I’m a mod. The world has changed or moved on as they say since you’ve been gone. Lots of offseason boredom here. I hope you can help pull us out of the doldrums. 

Yeah it seemed kinda lazy from them not to look at scheme and team fits for the two. Like YBJ said I don’t think anyone round here is expecting them to be totally cohesive from day 1. 

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Working on the ole Key lock, eh.  Surprise!  I’m a mod. The world has changed or moved on as they say since you’ve been gone. Lots of offseason boredom here. I hope you can help pull us out of the doldrums. 

Yeah it seemed kinda lazy from them not to look at scheme and team fits for the two. Like YBJ said I don’t think anyone round here is expecting them to be totally cohesive from day 1. 

LOL I’ve always been more of a gogoplata guy. I saw the title and also saw that Monoxide stepped down. I swear I can’t leave this place for one minute without it going completely to $hit lol jk. Congrats. Going to try and be around here more now that the season is starting back up again. 

PFF’s staff has gone through some changes lately. There seems to be a fair bit of turnover with their staff. The numbers are still a decent metric but the “takes”, ability to read the data, and team analyzation seem to have taken a nose dive. 

VTCrunkler likes this

3 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

One concern is Koetter as OC.  He's been pretty bad at getting the run game going since he had MJD at Jax.  Run game is an important ingrediant to a championship team.  We had a great run game our last Super Bowl year with Shanahan.  

Three words 

Mike Mularkey

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Three words 

Mike Mularkey

I've heard fantasy football gurus writing off Freeman this year because of Koetter.  Maybe they are not factoring in Mularkey and I hope Mularkey can keep the run game moving.  

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I've heard fantasy football gurus writing off Freeman this year because of Koetter.  Maybe they are not factoring in Mularkey and I hope Mularkey can keep the run game moving.  

Our run game was great when he was here. I think it was the main reason he was brought in.  

I guess I should look at the vid again because it seemed like they just called TD and the rest of our FO a bunch of dumbases for all our off-season OL moves. Done with all things associated with PFF.

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

gogoplata

i havent heard that word in a long time.  since vitor belfort broke into the scene...

hope to see you around to bring fresh dialogue into the mix.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

8 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

I'm pretty happy about the state of the franchise. 

I have 2 concerns.

The other concern is pass rush which has been a common theme since losing John Abraham.  

I agree with both concerns, if offense has major decline blame totally goes on him, cant say I was unhappy when he left TBH

Pass rush.. I swear any time we gat a sack I'm surprised, not a good way to live

On 7/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not gonna lie, a BJJ is always great.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Every year, I dislike PFF more and more. Football isn’t all analytics 

It’s not, but it is becoming a part of it.  Even I don’t agree with their opinion all the time, I’d rather listen to their approach than the old school way of thinking that a lot of main stream media is still stuck in.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Sidecar! Where ya been?

McGarys pass blocking grade 80. When was that considered sub-par.  Tackles are probably more prone to give up pressure.  It Lindstrom only gave up 4 in the year!

I believe the normal college scores are a lot higher than pro scores.  An 80 vs college competition might be a 60 vs nfl.  I could be wrong but I think I’ve wondered the same thing at some point and that’s what I noticed.

20 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I believe the normal college scores are a lot higher than pro scores.  An 80 vs college competition might be a 60 vs nfl.  I could be wrong but I think I’ve wondered the same thing at some point and that’s what I noticed.

So Lindstrom was 90 does that make his conversion a 70 at the next level

i think a good grade is a high seventy?

On 7/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, Sidecar Falcon said:

I'm more worried that Freeman is not 100%.  He has been through a lot with the concussions and the ACL.  It would seem impossible that he would be the same "ol Free.  If that is true, we only have a couple of mediocre backups on the roster.  To go with one of them as our lead horse would knock a big hole in our offense, especially if we are planning to run more this year.