VTCrunkler

Will Foye replace Duke?

69 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Yes he was. I know Brady makes a lot of guys look bad, but he picked apart Collins and even said he targeted him.

His college tape was disgusting. Amari Cooper made him look like a JV player. He was drafted simply based on his measurables. 

Brady picked Collins apart. Brady. Tom. Brady. You realize how insane that sounds? Saying a player was a bad pick because the GOAT picked him apart in a single game in his first year starting?

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Brady picked Collins apart. Brady. Tom. Brady. You realize how insane that sounds? Saying a player was a bad pick because the GOAT picked him apart in a single game in his first year starting?

If anyone watches football, you can see how bad dude's mechanics were. He was just a tall, lanky dude with pads on.

6 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

You can’t know that when drafting him. I was responding to a comment that implied he was a bad draft pick. He was not 

I think he was a reach in the draft.  Only 10 college starts and gets taken in the 2nd round.  Also before the draft it was stated that multiple teams knew of his multiple failed drug tests at LSU.  Reaching for a player doesn't mean that he is a bad pick but I think he could have been around in the 3rd or later.  Again, I think it is part of Quinn's draft strategy to reach on certain players and sometimes you get it right, and other times you miss (Jalen, Duke).  

Vandy likes this

On 7/12/2019 at 11:01 PM, dawgsjw said:

Duke is another example of us reaching for a player too early in the draft.  Dude didn't have much college experience either, but lets take him in the 3rd.  Same for Jalen Collins.  Makes you wonder which one on the staff has a hardon for LSU players?

Commentary like this so jaded...so what about Deion “Too soon” Jones, he is widely regarded as the one of the best, if not a prototype for NFL linebackers.

Since Quinn has been in tenure, we have only drafted 4 LSU players, 2 have worked out, 2 haven’t.

Both, especially Collins were draftable players...Collins was considered a top tier prospect his year.

NeonDeion and Marco102 like this

16 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

That’s a reach .. dude was good until SB51 when he got cut up by TB . Every other game as a starter he was superb . 

NeonDeion likes this

57 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That’s a reach .. dude was good until SB51 when he got cut up by TB . Every other game as a starter he was superb . 

Unfortunately after watching replay, Collins got burned. Repeatedly, especially in the second half. 

31 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Unfortunately after watching replay, Collins got burned. Repeatedly, especially in the second half. 

I said good until SB51 ... 

NeonDeion likes this

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Exactly .. I said he was good until 51 when he got cut up by TB . 

And I agreed with you

8 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Not sure why you quoted me lol. We’re in exact agreement 

6 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Not sure why you quoted me lol. We’re in exact agreement 

I was referring to Stizz when I quoted you . Lol . What he said was a reach & a bad pick . 

NeonDeion likes this

On 7/12/2019 at 9:38 AM, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You be patient when you don’t have options .. we risked losing Grace to gamble on Duke . You don’t have much patience when you preach competition & the best man will play . It’s a contradiction . 

All coaches say it. 

Wasn't crazy about him coming out of college. Olukun much more impressive. I think it's a no brainers here. I wish Duke luck....but don't think he's got it. Here's to him proving me wrong. I would love it.

Posted (edited)

Duke Riley seems to have the athletic abilities but I’m suspect of his football knowledge and instinct 

Edited by BFG
ltstorm2 likes this

On 7/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, GeorgiaBoyz said:

So taking bad angles, missing tackles, not wanting to tackle, not being able to cover makes you fine back up/ST material ? Fine back up/st isn’t garbage . 

You're all wrong here .

Okay hate him all you want. 

Duke Riley has to play extremely well in the preseason to even make the roster.

Ishmael, Carter and Grace are the likely backups at the 3 LB spots.

Foye had a decent rookie year so it will be interesting to see if he makes a leap similar to how Campbell did in year 2.

Best case scenario for the Falcons is that the light comes on for Riley in his 3rd year and the Falcons suddenly have a deep talented LBing core. Not saying it WILL happen, just that's the best thing for the Falcons. 

Rooting for the kid to make the 3rd year leap. That'd make the LBs a strength on this team.