VTCrunkler

Will Foye replace Duke?

69 posts in this topic

Duke is basically just a pawn. He is literally just a body out there with above average atheliticism. His only value is to take up space on the field.

Wait till Foye starts breaking on routes. He has the intelligence and athleticism to be a pick machine. He's only started 7 games and has more career solo's than Riley. 

Joplo Bartu was an even better LB than Duke is.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

15 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I actually think that 4th spot is Bruce Carters. Tye only thing Duke has going for him is his versatility to kick inside and his football I.Q. I gotta think if debo wasnt available again, that at this point Foye would kick inside and put Riley at Will. Thinking Riley is battling with Ishmael at this point. 

I agree 4th spot is Carter, he made some thumps with expanded playing time, has veteran leadership pedigree, and adds a little more girth...

so 5th Grace, 6th Riley, Ishmeal make team?  Cant recall the UDFA who is making waves

Duke is another example of us reaching for a player too early in the draft.  Dude didn't have much college experience either, but lets take him in the 3rd.  Same for Jalen Collins.  Makes you wonder which one on the staff has a hardon for LSU players?

2 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Duke is another example of us reaching for a player too early in the draft.  Dude didn't have much college experience either, but lets take him in the 3rd.  Same for Jalen Collins.  Makes you wonder which one on the staff has a hardon for LSU players?

Jalen Collins was good 

4 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Collins played well for us. Deion jones is a stud. Gage looks to be a factor. LSU has been good to us

Marco102, Vandy and NeonDeion like this

12 hours ago, vel said:

Duke will make the team because he's young and athletic. Few more talented 6th LBs in the league. Problem is it's all still potential and I think this is his last chance. 

**** do good in the CFL where you punt on.3rd.down

On 7/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, Atl Falcon said:

Duke does have potential....I hope the light bulb starts flashing early on this year. Foye is going to play

Guys with potential approaching the end of their rookie deal, that were not drafted first or second round, spells UFA.

With that said, him making this roster is going to come down to what he does on the ST field. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:23 PM, NaGaBoy said:

I don't expect Duke to make the team.

he's fast enough to be ST though, and it can't hurt to have him in a BACKUP role....

Vandy likes this

I was high on Duke when we drafted him.   He's got great athleticism and seems to work hard (I assume the car pulling and training vids are real) but just can't put it together on the field.  I moved on when Foye showed out last year.  I don't care if Duke sticks or not though I still think he has a lot of upside.  Right I'd say Grace and Crawford are higher rated in my mind.  Carter and Ish are more reliable so Duke's gotta show more than he has.

Atl Falcon likes this

8 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Jalen Collins was good 

I agree but how much had to do with him being a cheat?  Without his PEDs would he have even hacked it at LSU?  

He is cheap, a good locker room guy, and will run down the field fine on spec teams...he just isn’t meant to be on the field when the defense is present...we have to appreciate him for what he is.

12 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I agree but how much had to do with him being a cheat?  Without his PEDs would he have even hacked it at LSU?  

Where would the Sea-Adderall Seahawks been without PEDs?

Looked to me like Foye already replaced him. I certainly wouldn’t outright cut Duke but his roster spot should be up for competition. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:23 PM, NaGaBoy said:

I don't expect Duke to make the team.

Quinn expects him to make the hof every year. Why would this be any different? 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, FalconsIn2020 said:

Rhetorical question?

PFF: Falcons rookie Foye Oluokun grading among top 5 LBs since Week 7

LB Foyesade Oluokun followed his career high 79.5 grade on Monday Night with a 73.0 grade vs. Washington. In 88 snaps in the last two games, he has 10 tackles (7 for stops), 2 QB hits, and has only allowed 45 yards in coverage. Since week 7, only 4 linebackers have graded higher than Oluokun.

What's the context of this? Like 2 games?

8 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

You can’t know that when drafting him. I was responding to a comment that implied he was a bad draft pick. He was not 

8 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

You can’t know that when drafting him. I was responding to a comment that implied he was a bad draft pick. He was not 

Yes he was. I know Brady makes a lot of guys look bad, but he picked apart Collins and even said he targeted him.

His college tape was disgusting. Amari Cooper made him look like a JV player. He was drafted simply based on his measurables. 

15 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Isnt this already a done deal?.

Exactly... I thought this was answered definitively last year. 

9 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

I don't remember the PEDs.  I remember marijuana, but not the PEDs.