Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2020

Westbrook to Rockets

29 posts in this topic

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Thunder.htm

Next year and 2021 they won't have that many draft picks but 2022 and forward, it's a dream boat of picks.  Keep in mind that Leonard and George still only have 2 years on their contract.  The Clippers will go back to sucking and those draft picks will be WOW!

edit:  For the lazy, thats eight additional first-round draft picks from 2020 until 2026.  Again most after the Clippers contracts are up!

56 minutes ago, red2play said:

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Thunder.htm

Next year and 2021 they won't have that many draft picks but 2022 and forward, it's a dream boat of picks.  Keep in mind that Leonard and George still only have 2 years on their contract.  The Clippers will go back to sucking and those draft picks will be WOW!

edit:  For the lazy, thats eight additional first-round draft picks from 2020 until 2026.  Again most after the Clippers contracts are up!

You are assuming PG and kawhi do not resign, plus they still have options. They have bird rights on the currnt guys, can make trades, have cap space, and exceptions to play with. They are not really in that bad of a position. 

30 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

You are assuming PG and kawhi do not resign, plus they still have options. They have bird rights on the currnt guys, can make trades, have cap space, and exceptions to play with. They are not really in that bad of a position. 

My point was that the players can opt out.  Even if they pass bird rights,they aren't getting 1st rd unprotected picks. Most times you get 2nd rounders for bird rights.

3 minutes ago, red2play said:

My point was that the players can opt out.  Even if they pass bird rights,they aren't getting 1st rd unprotected picks. Most times you get 2nd rounders for bird rights.

I know they can opt out, but opting out doesn't mean they are leaving. PG and kawhi want the 5yr super max money that they are eligible for after 10 years in the league. 

My point of bringing up bird rights was because it means that they could go over the cap to sign them. 

jayu70 likes this