Westbrook to Rockets

FalconsIn2012

Maybe Harden wants to take a step back from being such ball-dominant? If Westbrook can agree and be reeled in to not go for stats and improve his shot selection to work more as the 2nd star to Harden then this could work possibly since they are really good friends and probably talked about teaming up once again.

Well, I guess the Rockets were at least able to off-load Paul.

10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Maybe Harden wants to take a step back from being such ball-dominant? If Westbrook can agree and be reeled in to not go for stats and improve his shot selection to work more as the 2nd star to Harden then this could work possibly since they are really good friends and probably talked about teaming up once again.

Well, I guess the Rockets were at least able to off-load Paul.

He kind of made that decision last year which turned out to be wise for most of the year.

Wonder who will get those cheap boards to go after their triple doubles

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He kind of made that decision last year which turned out to be wise for most of the year.

Wonder who will get those cheap boards to go after their triple doubles

Something's got to give, my guess is no one else will ever get the ball on the Rockets next season outside of Harden and Russ lol.

5 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Well OKC is in full reboot mode with an over the hill 6ft point guard and his mammoth salary. Draft picks are nice.

I wonder what will be Paul's next move?

No way I see him willing to stay in OKC for the next few years. Especially if he really has the desire to contend for a championship. He may have to agree to rework his deal so he can leave sooner.

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

OKC planning on 2-3 first round picks each year for the next decade?

It's crazy how the Thunder had it all after just moving from Seattle.

They had one of or possibly the deepest roster in the NBA around the time they made their NBA Finals run. To be fair they did run into a Lebron Heat superteam, the last leg of a historic Spurs dynasty and the beginning of a Warriors dynasty. It is still crazy how they housed so much talent but ended up with nothing to show for it.

I guarantee there will be an NBA Network or ESPN documentary on this in the future 

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I don’t see them having issues.  I know they played together in OKC but it’s obvious they wanted to play together or this trade wouldn’t have happened.  

Even if Harden and Russ figure things out, the Rockets biggest problem would still be Mike D'Antoni.

I just don't trust that he can coach a team to an NBA title.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even if Harden and Russ figure things out, the Rockets biggest problem would still be Mike D'Antoni.

I just don't trust that he can coach a team to an NBA title.

I agree there his coaching philosophy is garbage.  Imagine those two involved in more ball movement offense rather than isolation.  They could be nasty considering their skill sets.

43 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

That confirms the idea that Paul has negative value with his contract. OKC got rid of Westbrook with the understanding that they'd have to give back some of their draft capital to move Paul later. And that tidbit also shows that Westbrook is one of the least desirable MVPs in NBA history.