Albert Haynesworth

caponine

Just now, caponine said:

it really does its heart breaking to hear. Most donors dont come until its almost the end. 

Not only do you have the problem of finding a willing donor, it's got to be a match. I don't know how close the transplant kidney has to be these days to his blood type and physiology, but that used to be another huge impediment.

True Story: As a kid barely over 18 I was working at a Redskins store in Maryland (Don't Ask..I needed a job lol). We got paid peanuts (As do most retail workers) but we had all just gotten a slight raise January of 2009 for the new year. The Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth late February and within a week after all hourly employees were dropped down to BELOW what we were before we had gotten the raise about a month prior. About half the employees at the 2 stores I worked at put in their 2 week notices.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

55 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

True Story: As a kid barely over 18 I was working at a Redskins store in Maryland (Don't Ask..I needed a job lol). We got paid peanuts (As do most retail workers) but we had all just gotten a slight raise January of 2009 for the new year. The Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth late February and within a week after all hourly employees were dropped down to BELOW what we were before we had gotten the raise about a month prior. About half the employees at the 2 stores I worked at put in their 2 week notices.

The same thing happened to me way way back in the early 80s.  I was assistant manager at a fast food joint, and the company decided to dump 18 million bucks into sponsoring a big name NASCAR team.  Right afterward we were informed that no hourly workers would be seeing any increases for the next two years, as a direct result of the racecar investment.  

But that's business.  That's how it goes.  No one held a gun to my head making me work there. 

So I changed jobs.  I mean...I wasn't about to make a career out of salting French fries and taking OJ inventories the rest of my life lol.  

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

The same thing happened to me way way back in the early 80s.  I was assistant manager at a fast food joint, and the company decided to dump 18 million bucks into sponsoring a big name NASCAR team.  Right afterward we were informed that no hourly workers would be seeing any increases for the next two years, as a direct result of the racecar investment.  

But that's business.  That's how it goes.  No one held a gun to my head making me work there. 

So I changed jobs.  I mean...I wasn't about to make a career out of salting French fries and taking OJ inventories the rest of my life lol.  

come on now, give us your best 

"you want fries with that"

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO.....

:ninja::lol::lol:

8 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Are you serious? If I remember correctly that contract was first (or second) of a few that were cap killers