Falcons Fan MVP

What's your opinion of the Falcons 23-7 loss to the Patriots in 2017?

54 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I wish the only time i would ever have to hear about it was from rivals, media and others. But instead, its constantly rehashed by our fans. Like a heartbroken dude who talks about his ex constantly to every new girl he meets. Gees!! Grow a pair and move on! It's over!

It appears as though the Falcons players and coaches needed to hear that advice the way they laid an egg vs the Pats in that rematch. 

17 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

that game p*****d me off. If we lost 23-17 I could live with that but we almost got shut out. At least in the super bowl we scored a decent amount of points.

Agree. The Falcons were not ready mentally for that rematch, plus there was the reality of knowing whether they won or lost it was nothing more than just another regular season game.

2 Missed FGs, Stopped at 1 yardline with idiotic playcalling, and we had an INT taken away that then turned into a TD for the Patriots.

All while playing in the middle of a smoke smog. 

51 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. The Falcons were not ready mentally for that rematch, plus there was the reality of knowing whether they won or lost it was nothing more than just another regular season game.

EVERY regular season game counts in football, more than any other sport.

21 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I can't believe we only scored 7 points against the Patriots in the super bowl rematch. We had so many opportunities. We missed 2 FG's and got stopped on the 1 yard line. I thought our defense had a good game. My question is who or what do you blame our 7 point performance on? Sark's play calling? bad luck, super bowl hangover? Do the Patriots just have our number now? since they have outscored us 54-14 since the halftime of the super bowl. Whats your opinion of the game we should have been most ready for?

Bored?

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

EVERY regular season game counts in football, more than any other sport.

LOL. We all understand there aren't as many games in an NFL season. When you compare an early regular season game to the SB, it's like 1/16th as important, which was my point.

16 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’d say Matt wants the pats

I do too, now that we have a competent OC who won't go all bonehead and lose the playbook on saturday, then forget 'oh, we just need to burn clock with 3 runs, kick a FG and make it almost impossible for them'  

:D

18 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I do too, now that we have a competent OC who won't go all bonehead and lose the playbook on saturday, then forget 'oh, we just need to burn clock with 3 runs, kick a FG and make it almost impossible for them'  

:D

Yeah that’s what gets lost in the mix sometime. Kyle lost the playbook?  How do you do that anyways. Isn’t it all digital now? 

papachaz likes this

That game showed me how just how fragile the team psyche had become. I was disappointed in the lack of fire and the overall weak showing by the Falcons. 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Yeah that’s what gets lost in the mix sometime. Kyle lost the playbook?  How do you do that anyways. Isn’t it all digital now? 

I'd much rather they keep it physical. Would be easier to steal a digital copy vs a hard copy.

10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'd much rather they keep it physical. Would be easier to steal a digital copy vs a hard copy.

Yeah I prefer hard copies myself. Itd be interesting to know playbook security protocols. And also physical plays on general...

Yo_Lover likes this

On 7/10/2019 at 10:35 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It appears as though the Falcons players and coaches needed to hear that advice the way they laid an egg vs the Pats in that rematch. 

Because they always listen to fans' advice and opinions when they gameplan.

It was pathetic and typical of this franchise and ATL sports in general. 

Our teams fold like lawn chairs instead of over coming adversity.

PokerSteve likes this

On 7/10/2019 at 5:39 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

that game p*****d me off. If we lost 23-17 I could live with that but we almost got shut out. At least in the super bowl we scored a decent amount of points.

My feelings exactly!! 

It was like Our offense was completely unprepared for that game. I don’t think it was a hangover but more of the story of the season where the offense was a step behind most off the defenses we played that year. 

And I blame that more on the massive coaching staff turnover we had that year on offense. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Not only did the team have a superbowl hangover, I think we as fans had a hangover of sorts. I was sick about the loss, but I was surprised at myself for not being more upset. That superbowl loss just wore me out.. As far as the game itself the team showed no emotion or heart.. that's on Quinn and our team leaders. I personally want the patriots again. Superbowl or whatever I want to stomp them in the turf..and their classless fans too!

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

It was pathetic and typical of this franchise and ATL sports in general. 

Our teams fold like lawn chairs instead of over coming adversity.

nod.gif

I was looking forward to that game so that I could get even with my family that lives in New England.  By halftime I was like :yikes:

3 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

Not only did the team have a superbowl hangover, I think we as fans had a hangover of sorts. I was sick about the loss, but I was surprised at myself for not being more upset. That superbowl loss just wore me out.. As far as the game itself the team showed no emotion or heart.. that's on Quinn and our team leaders. I personally want the patriots again. Superbowl or whatever I want to stomp them in the turf..and their classless fans too!

My super bowl hangover is gone. I was upset we didn't win it all in 2018 in our home stadium. That would have made up for everything! 2010, 2012, 2016 everything!

Knew we lost that game when we went for it on 4th down at the 50 on the first drive and didn't get it.  Quinn was trying to generate some juice that was not there.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I wish the only time i would ever have to hear about it was from rivals, media and others. But instead, its constantly rehashed by our fans. Like a heartbroken dude who talks about his ex constantly to every new girl he meets. Gees!! Grow a pair and move on! It's over!

The team itself can stop this being mentioned by stepping up and not blowing it at the worst possible time like they always do. Until they do that the pain that game caused should never be forgotten.

This team needs to step the F up and grow a pair and freaking finish the deal.

58 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

The team itself can stop this being mentioned by stepping up and not blowing it at the worst possible time like they always do. Until they do that the pain that game caused should never be forgotten.

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Believe it or not, many players, on all teams, view it as a job. They're not online raging about vengeances or making the city they work in or represent proud. So, the team couldn't care less about your pain. Heck, the whole team who played tha game doesn't even exist anymore! But here you are. Still stuck in "then". Enjoy! 

I'm interested in the tteam we have now. 

Falconsfan567 likes this