Falcons Fan MVP

What's your opinion of the Falcons 23-7 loss to the Patriots in 2017?

54 posts in this topic

I can't believe we only scored 7 points against the Patriots in the super bowl rematch. We had so many opportunities. We missed 2 FG's and got stopped on the 1 yard line. I thought our defense had a good game. My question is who or what do you blame our 7 point performance on? Sark's play calling? bad luck, super bowl hangover? Do the Patriots just have our number now? since they have outscored us 54-14 since the halftime of the super bowl. Whats your opinion of the game we should have been most ready for?

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

In a LOT of ways it was worst than the Superbowl loss because the Patriots and their fans had clowned the Falcons before, during and after the game...:(   How can  you  let them troll you like that on the scoreboard and then come out and get demolished??  

Image result for 28-3 on patriots scoreboard

Beaten like a drum...

I remember Ryan getting pulverized and line doing nadda to stop it

Honestly? After that gut stomp of a Super Bowl, there was no way we were going up there and beating that team. And frankly, I didn't give a s***,  I was just glad we didn't lose 48 - 0.

papachaz and Falcons Fan MVP like this

Amazing how vague all this is to me 2016 & 17. We got whooped in Foxboro .. made the playoffs, stop the rams in dominant fashion & then threw the game away against the 2017 SB Champs in Philly .. all in the same year . Hindsight losing to Philly probably was a good thing .. we would have had to play Minny in the NFCCG .. they weren’t scary but I wouldn’t have bet on us going there and winning because of Sark(the reason we loss to Philly & Minny in the regular season 14-9) .We would have got blew out against both teams if our defense wasn’t elite in 2017. If we some how did get through Minny & return to the SB to face NE again they would have run the score up on us . 

0-2 against NE in SBs in b2b years . 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

that game p*****d me off. If we lost 23-17 I could live with that but we almost got shut out. At least in the super bowl we scored a decent amount of points.

I was expecting more fire from us for this game. Only positive was the Julio ripping the ball away from Butler in the end zone. 

Falcons Fan MVP, shock and papachaz like this

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

that game p*****d me off. If we lost 23-17 I could live with that but we almost got shut out. At least in the super bowl we scored a decent amount of points.

Classic letdown. The sb loss cost us two losses from them we just didn’t have it from the get go

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Amazing how vague all this is to me 2016 & 17. We got whooped in Foxboro .. made the playoffs, stop the rams in dominant fashion & then threw the game away against the 2017 SB Champs in Philly .. all in the same year . Hindsight losing to Philly probably was a good thing .. we would have had to play Minny in the NFCCG .. they weren’t scary but I wouldn’t have bet on us going there and winning because of Sark(the reason we loss to Philly & Minny in the regular season 14-9) .We would have got blew out against both teams if our defense wasn’t elite in 2017. If we some how did get through Minny & return to the SB to face NE again they would have run the score up on us . 

I agree. I don't think we were ready. I think the hangover should be gone now.

1 hour ago, superman4prez said:

It showed that this team needed different personnel to win a super bowl. A championship mindset would never have allowed such a heartless and gutless performance. Wasn’t even close.

To be fair I think bad luck played a role. I mean Matt Bryant missed 2 field goals (one was blocked). I think our defense did okay not great. 

5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Classic letdown. The sb loss cost us two losses from them we just didn’t have it from the get go

If we make it back to the super bowl I kind of think we would be better off if the Patriots were not in it. I don't know if I trust our mental toughness that much.

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If we make it back to the super bowl I kind of think we would be better off if the Patriots were not in it. I don't know if I trust our mental toughness that much.

There’s pros and cons for both scenarios. Some would say they want to exorcise the demons. 

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

There’s pros and cons for both scenarios. Some would say they want to exorcise the demons. 

I would LOVE to know what the Falcons players and coaches would prefer. They would never te

2 hours ago, superman4prez said:

It showed that this team needed different personnel to win a super bowl. A championship mindset would never have allowed such a heartless and gutless performance. Wasn’t even close.

/thread

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

2 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

It’s sad, but absolutely true.  2017 was a more talented team than 2016.  We win the SB with a competent OC that year

I wish the only time i would ever have to hear about it was from rivals, media and others. But instead, its constantly rehashed by our fans. Like a heartbroken dude who talks about his ex constantly to every new girl he meets. Gees!! Grow a pair and move on! It's over!