droopy1592

Matt Ryan is Elite. Period.

164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, athell said:

Man wish I woulda been there...such a great moment!

It was awesome, happened right in front of me. Dome literally shook down to its core. 

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It was awesome, happened right in front of me. Dome literally shook down to its core. 

Gimme chills just thinkin about it :)

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That was actually on earl. Sherman was just trying to run the play out. Earl bit on where TG went. They showed the look earlier in the game with Roddy outside but he couldn’t get off the line on sherm. That play they slid him inside so he could get a free release so being in the seam it was Earl’s responsibility. Every one just likes to put it on sherm cause he ran it out. Wasn’t in him tho. 

The deep safety sucked in for sure.  But this one is on Sherman, too.  This is their position as the ball is about to be thrown

359zmc.jpg

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, athell said:

Man wish I woulda been there...such a great moment!

I know right.  Tickets were hoppin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The deep safety sucked in for sure.  But this one is on Sherman, too.  This is their position as the ball is about to be thrown

359zmc.jpg

Agree. Didn’t get safety help, but Roddy also beat him soundly.

 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The deep safety sucked in for sure.  But this one is on Sherman, too.  This is their position as the ball is about to be thrown

359zmc.jpg

It’s not on Sherman. I’ve heard Roddy and sherm speak about the play. If you’re gonna use a video find one that shows the entire play. Sherm was supposed to release him to the safety but the safety wasn’t there. He ran the play out. This video you pulled shows absolutely nothing about the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vel said:

C. He's too consistent. Very few volatile moments. And he continues to improve every year, which is boring even though that's what everybody wants. There is no conversation to be made with Matt. If Matt went and got in trouble this offseason, shaking up his clean rep and then proceeded to put up the same exact numbers he just did in 2016 and 2018, it's a much bigger story and would boost his public persona. But because he's clean and consistent and stays out of trouble, it's boring and nobody likes i

That’s the thing.   He continues to improve each year.  

4-5 years ago I would agree he is “very good” not elite.

his improvement over the past 4-5 years has brought him up to the next level.  

Which is impressive considering the HC and OC changes the org has had.  

 

PokerSteve, Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree. Didn’t get safety help, but Roddy also beat him soundly.

 

It’s not his play. I’ve heard them discuss this play. It wasn’t in him. He ran it out. It’s the reason the falcons moved Roddy inside so he could get a free release. All day neither Julio nor Roddy caught anything in Sherman. They set that play up earlier with Roddy outside and TG in roddy’s side. When they ran it again TG motioned to the other side and the safety went with TG. The coverage was blown. It wasn’t on sherm. In cover 3 his responsibility is the sideline and deep sideline. The safety had the seam. Now as a smart football guy was Roddy lines up outside the hash or in the slot? If he’s in the a lot he’s safety responsibility in the seam. Not outside corner. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not his play. I’ve heard them discuss this play. It wasn’t in him. He ran it out. It’s the reason the falcons moved Roddy inside so he could get a free release. All day neither Julio nor Roddy caught anything in Sherman. They set that play up earlier with Roddy outside and TG in roddy’s side. When they ran it again TG motioned to the other side and the safety went with TG. The coverage was blown. It wasn’t on sherm. In cover 3 his responsibility is the sideline and deep sideline. The safety had the seam. Now as a smart football guy was Roddy lines up outside the hash or in the slot? If he’s in the a lot he’s safety responsibility in the seam. Not outside corner. 

Like I said my friend, he should have had safety help. And I understand what you are saying as to primary responsibility in Cover 3 and the safety's mixup on that play. But Sherm was also on him the entire time, as there was nobody else on his side to cover. 

I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me. Roddy beat him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not his play. I’ve heard them discuss this play. It wasn’t in him. He ran it out. It’s the reason the falcons moved Roddy inside so he could get a free release. All day neither Julio nor Roddy caught anything in Sherman. They set that play up earlier with Roddy outside and TG in roddy’s side. When they ran it again TG motioned to the other side and the safety went with TG. The coverage was blown. It wasn’t on sherm. In cover 3 his responsibility is the sideline and deep sideline. The safety had the seam. Now as a smart football guy was Roddy lines up outside the hash or in the slot? If he’s in the a lot he’s safety responsibility in the seam. Not outside corner. 

It was Cam that bit on the play.  Earl wasn’t part of the play.  But Sherman still is part of the coverage and is beaten soundly by Roddy’s slow stutter & go

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The deep safety sucked in for sure.  But this one is on Sherman, too.  This is their position as the ball is about to be thrown

359zmc.jpg

My bad. It was on Kam Chancellor. Not earl. He vacated his responsibility. But it was set up that way because they sent douglas in motion and kept TG in to block. Totally threw them off. But it wasn’t on Sherm. He just tried to run it out when he saw Kam abandon post. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Like I said my friend, he should have had safety help. And I understand what you are saying as to primary responsibility. But Sherm was also on him the entire time, as there was nobody else on his side to cover. 

I was there and saw it unfold right in front of me. Roddy beat him. 

It was on the safety period. The help would have been sherm. If you look at the right video you’ll see Kam leave the space. Don’t care what y’all try to say I’d youre in cover 3 INSIDE is not the corner. It’s the safety. The SEAM is on the safety. PERIOD!!!! There’s nothing you can say to change that. It’s the job. Period!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

It was on the safety period. The help would have been sherm. If you look at the right video you’ll see Kam leave the space. 

Period? I Respectfully disagree. 

Yes, the safety blew his assignment, but that still doesn’t alleviate the fact Sherman was left with him one-on-one, even if that wasn’t suppose to be how it should have played out on their assignments.

Blown assignments happen in every game. 

Roddy was still a handful in 2012 and was often in double coverage. Bottom line, Sherman had no one else to cover on that play other than Roddy and he beat him. 

Roddy actually beat him earlier that game too on a shorter stutter post route for another TD but Matt was late on the throw.

(See right at 1:00 mark in video) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

My bad. It was on Kam Chancellor. Not earl. He vacated his responsibility. But it was set up that way because they sent douglas in motion and kept TG in to block. Totally threw them off. But it wasn’t on Sherm. He just tried to run it out when he saw Kam abandon post. 

Here is a good alternate video where you see Roddy change speeds to beat Sherm  and Chancellor bite on TG.  Just a great call and execution.  3:10 mark

 

Ergo Proxy, athell and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Just going to post this once a month as a friendly reminder

 

Matt Ryan was arguably the best player in the NFL over the last three seasons. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but it really isn’t.

Last season, Ryan had the fourth-best grade of any quarterback with 30.3. That is already an excellent grade, one that implies that, relative to other quarterbacks in the NFL, he was critical to the success of his offense last season. However, Ryan’s 2018 grade was actually lower than how he scored in prior seasons.

Matt Ryan’s 2016 and 2017 OSM grades were unbelievable

In 2017, a relatively poor year for Ryan statistically, he performed even better on this metric. “Even better” is a bit of an understatement though, since his 2017 grade was 50.48, a full 20 points higher than last season, and around 14 points higher than the highest grade received by any quarterback in 2018. And during his 2016 MVP season, he did even better, receiving the completely ludicrous grade of 58.38.

For some context, that is the highest grade received by any player from 2016-2018, regardless of position. That is particularly impressive because quarterback grades tend to be lower on average. More than any other player during that three-year period, Ryan was able to maximize every opportunity presented to him. While this does not necessarily indicate that he was the best player in the NFL at any given time, it does show somewhat definitively that Ryan’s statistics were largely of his own making.

Holding you to it

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That play was setup beautifully. Roddy did an excellent job of setting Kam up to leave the middle of the field. He stuttered and kam went for another supposed threat. As soon as Kam evacuated Roddy turned on the jets leaving sherm to try and defend the middle. Cover 3 is deep 3rds. Roddy is lined up tight which gives him free release since cover 3 is zone. If it’s cover 1 then yes it’s on sherm all day long. The seam responsibility belongs to the safety. Sherm had nobody threaten his zone so he’s free to help the safety. But the safety left his post. But like I said it was a beautifully set up play from earlier but Roddy was on the outside. This play they weren’t attacking Sherman. They were attacking the safety. Not one play was completed on sherm outside. Julio, Roddy, and HD. And Matt tried all 3. That’s why they slid Roddy tight. It’s a cover 3 beater to attack the safety in seam. See 2016 when toilolo went off. We killed the seam that game staying tight formations to avoid Sherman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That play was setup beautifully. Roddy did an excellent job of setting Kam up to leave the middle of the field. He stuttered and kam went for another supposed threat. As soon as Kam 

The left side of the play looked like a screen with Julio and Ryan sort of kind of looked that way or partially pumped so Kam bit on it. 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Period? I Respectfully disagree. 

Yes, the safety blew his assignment, but that still doesn’t alleviate the fact Sherman was left with him one-on-one, even if that wasn’t suppose to be how it should have played out on their assignments.

Blown assignments happen in every game. 

Roddy was still a handful in 2012 and was often in double coverage. Bottom line, Sherman had no one else to cover on that play other than Roddy and he beat him. 

Roddy actually beat him earlier that game on a stutter post route for another TD but Matt was late on the throw.

(See right at 1:00 mark in video) 

 

Exactly.

Sherm went all in to cover Roddy & Roddy wore him out lmao.

I don’t really give a fk if someone else was supposed to be in the play...woulda coulda shoulda...

And you are 100% right that Roddy burned his *** the first time, but Ryan couldn’t get the ball out soon enough allowing fat mouth Sherman to scrounge out a lucky PBU.  In both instances Roddy wore him out like a little boy.  

Poor poor Shermie, you could tell that Roddy got so all into Shermie’s head. :lol:

Sea hag got torched like a champ!

s-l500.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Exactly.

Sherm went all in to cover Roddy & Roddy wore him out lmao.

I don’t really give a fk if someone else was supposed to be in the play...woulda coulda shoulda...

And you are 100% right that Roddy burned his *** the first time, but Ryan couldn’t get the ball out soon enough allowing fat mouth Sherman to scrounge out a lucky PBU.  In both instances Roddy wore him out like a little boy.  

Poor poor Shermie, you could tell that Roddy got so all into Shermie’s head. :lol:

Sea hag got torched like a champ!

s-l500.jpg

Dang HASH.....tell me how you really feel!!

Sherman had a big mouth....as did Roddy.....but they could back it up with their play. I loved watching the two go at it that game, while Roddy was still elite. 

And yes, Roddy beat him twice for would have been 2 TDs that game....although Sherm made a great recovery to break up that 1st one with those long arms of his...but if Matt gets it out sooner, it’s a sure TD.

Hoping similarly talent Oliver can be our Sherman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not playoffs or SB but this is my favorite throw and drive

https://youtu.be/4KYnBdnuLaQ

I'd argue that the deep ball TD to Gabriel in that game is the best throw of Ryan's career. It was absolutely perfect and had to be as tight as the coverage was. Add in the distance and it doesn't get any better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Dang HASH.....tell me how you really feel!!

Sherman had a big mouth....as did Roddy.....but they could back it up with their play. I loved watching the two go at it that game, while Roddy was still elite. 

And yes, Roddy beat him twice for would have been 2 TDs that game....although Sherm made a great recovery to break up that 1st one with those long arms of his...but if Matt gets it out sooner, it’s a sure TD.

Hoping similarly talent Oliver can be our Sherman...

LOL, I must still be chapped over the non calls for Sherman including that game ending disgraceful arm bar he put on Julio where the ref should have been fired :(

Obviously that fire is still burning, but in all honesty, Sherman is the type of player I want on my team & I’d be one of his biggest fans. But since he’s not, I’m not being real fair about things.

Sure hope Oliver has that same desire & dog to be the best too though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Also he still hasn’t had that DEFINING TD moment in a big game yet like Brady, Peyton, and Brees, and Rodgers or Montana. He needs his “the catch” moment for a TD. He’s had plenty of great moments but still not a DEFINING moment in his career. When he has that they’ll change about him. He’s elite tho. Just needs his “the catch” TD to win a big game. 

He had that in 51 with Julio but Shannahan pissed it away with his stupidity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd argue that the deep ball TD to Gabriel in that game is the best throw of Ryan's career. It was absolutely perfect and had to be as tight as the coverage was. Add in the distance and it doesn't get any better than that.

Reminded me of this absolute dime as well...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point of his career, I’d rather he be a champion. Otherwise when all is said and done, the folks outside of this organization will never truly understand and appreciate what he’s accomplished.

Become a champion and remove all doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now