droopy1592

Matt Ryan is Elite. Period.

164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Probably Hesters best career TD catch lol

Lol yep. Ryan put the ball exactly where it needed to be in such a tight space. Made Hester look like a good receiver on that play.

Chaz, ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

This is my favorite:

Ryan to Jenkins

This is when I said to myself that the Falcons have a QB.  Ryan had pressure from the clock.  The defense ran through the OL.  This would be a disaster for most QBs.  The rook stood in, hit the spot, and took the hit.  Smitty was right when he called him the tough Irishman.

There have been better throws since, but that one sold me on Ryan.

Chaz, Ergo Proxy and athell like this

1 hour ago, athell said:

For me, outside of the throw to Julio in the SB, my best MR2 moment is the bomb to Roddy over Sherman.

that was a good one too.

athell and Ergo Proxy like this

53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Probably Hesters best career TD catch lol

Yeah probably Hesters best. Thnx for that. In the window below that was a really good clip of the top 10 fastest players ever. Seriously good.

ya_boi_j likes this

A lot of people already stated this but Matt Ryan doesn’t have those splash plays that the untrained football fans want to see. He makes incredible plays but you have to understand football to see it. I remember Belicheck talking about how dependability is one of the most important characteristics in a player. I still feel like Ryan would be on the top of his list of qb’s he wants to lead his team. Tom Brady would hear a lot of the same criticisms if he hadn’t won so many Super Bowls. He is a lot like Ryan.

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

He still needs his defining moment in a big game like Montana’s “the catch”. That’s the only thing I think is keeping him out if that category like it did for Peyton for a while. Even eli has defining moments. In both SB wins and he’s living off that. Even tho he’s not elite. If that were Matt he’d be the man above even Brady. He is elite tho. 

Can a definition moment take place during the season?  The wildcard, nfccg? Sb?

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

Would the Julio catch in the SB quality as a defining moment?  Like someone before alluded to it’s not a flashy play but it was one of the best catches I’ve ever seen. 

Absolutely.  It would have been the catch 2.0

TheFatboi and Vandy like this

14 minutes ago, athell said:

Absolutely.  It would have been the catch 2.0

Grrrrr. I know...it probably would be.  Ughhh

athell likes this

40 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Can a definition moment take place during the season?  The wildcard, nfccg? Sb?

The great qb’s defining moments come from playoff games. I kept saying playoffs. Matt has had plenty of moments during the regular season. Hasnt has a game winning defining moment in the playoffs tho. 

33 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Would the Julio catch in the SB quality as a defining moment?  Like someone before alluded to it’s not a flashy play but it was one of the best catches I’ve ever seen. 

This is what I’m talking about. Had that play been a game winning TD or we won the game because of that throw it’s his defining moment. 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

**** yes. 

Mad great as that catch was @VTCrunkler, it was also a remarkable throw as well by Matt. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSirjCbbP1c

As  "" JD dirtybird21 ""  stated:

So true...had the 2008 Bears game been a playoff game, that would have been his signature moment.

Yes ! I agree 100% . That definitely would had been "" Matt's Signature Moment !!! 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

The great qb’s defining moments come from playoff games. I kept saying playoffs. Matt has had plenty of moments during the regular season. Hasnt has a game winning defining moment in the playoffs tho. 

If Harry hadn’t fallen down for no reason in the 2012 NFCCG, that game would have been out of reach for San Fran.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

2 hours ago, athell said:

For me, outside of the throw to Julio in the SB, my best MR2 moment is the bomb to Roddy over Sherman.

That was actually on earl. Sherman was just trying to run the play out. Earl bit on where TG went. They showed the look earlier in the game with Roddy outside but he couldn’t get off the line on sherm. That play they slid him inside so he could get a free release so being in the seam it was Earl’s responsibility. Every one just likes to put it on sherm cause he ran it out. Wasn’t in him tho. 

athell likes this

3 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

If Harry hadn’t fallen down for no reason in the 2012 NFCCG, that game would have been out of reach for San Fran.

More than that the last play of the game would’ve been the defining moment. 

5 minutes ago, BLACK WATCH said:

As  "" JD dirtybird21 ""  stated:

So true...had the 2008 Bears game been a playoff game, that would have been his signature moment.

Yes ! I agree 100% . That definitely would had been "" Matt's Signature Moment !!! 

Yep. That was my first moment of realization that Matt was the real deal. That would’ve been his signature moment had it been in the playoffs. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

He’s juked out Luke and Thomas Davis before. He also had a nice juke against the Cowboys in 2015.

Anyone who can juke Thomas Davis is quick in space.  I’ve seen TD run down Vick in his prime. Plus dude has had like three surgeries on his knees. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, athell said:

Loved it. Even though he should have had safety help...

athell likes this

23 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

This is what I’m talking about. Had that play been a game winning TD or we won the game because of that throw it’s his defining moment. 

Oh he will. 

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That was actually on earl. Sherman was just trying to run the play out. Earl bit on where TG went. They showed the look earlier in the game with Roddy outside but he couldn’t get off the line on sherm. That play they slid him inside so he could get a free release so being in the seam it was Earl’s responsibility. Every one just likes to put it on sherm cause he ran it out. Wasn’t in him tho. 

Oh yeah.  When I say over Sherm I really just mean literally over Sherm lol.  It wasn't his, but he ended up being on the poster!

Vandy and PokerSteve like this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Loved it. Even though he should have had safety help...

Man wish I woulda been there...such a great moment!

Vandy likes this