droopy1592

Matt Ryan is Elite. Period.

164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alomar said:

And in 2013, when Julio and Roddy were both injured, what's your excuse for his 4,515 yards and 26 TDs when his best receiver was Harry Douglas? Before you bring up Tony Gonzales, he had a total of 859 receiving yards and 8 TDs, while Harry Douglas had 1,067 yards and 2 TDs. Matt's weapons were gone, and he still put up over 4,500 yards...

He was joking man, he likes Matt.

17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Riiiiiiiiight!!! Or the Julio catch in the SB for a TD. Those moments usually occur somewhere during the game for Matt but not on that game winning have to have In a playoff game. 

Even Matt's insane 500 yard game is overshadowed by Julio getting 300 in the same game. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The throw to Julio was just as good as the catch.  Nobody talks about the throw but it was absolutely perfect.  Not a TD, but it should have won the game

Great throw and catch. If it’s a TD it would’ve been his signature throw and been given a nickname. “The catch 2” lol. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Even Matt's insane 500 yard game is overshadowed by Julio getting 300 in the same game. 

No doubt. Those types of games need to be playoff games for these pundits who won’t say he’s elite or make him top 3. Which we all know he is. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The throw to Julio was just as good as the catch.  Nobody talks about the throw but it was absolutely perfect.  Not a TD, but it should have won the game

Agreed, that throw was a dime

quickzero likes this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Great throw and catch. If it’s a TD it would’ve been his signature throw and been given a nickname. “The catch 2” lol. 

Should usurp the Catch 1.  Sure as heck a much tougher play than a Sprint Right Option to a wide open Clark

Ergo Proxy likes this

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not playoffs or SB but this is my favorite throw and drive

https://youtu.be/4KYnBdnuLaQ

You know what? That’s probably the game that would’ve solidified him had it been a playoff game. He’s had so many moments like that in regular season games. When he had one of those in a playoff game then they’ll put him where he belongs. 

ya_boi_j, Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Should usurp the Catch 1.  Sure as heck a much tougher play than a Sprint Right Option to a wide open Clark

Well it wasn’t that open at first. It gets so much attention because joe had to scramble to wait for somebody to get open and he just put it up high for Clark. He said they used to practice that but never thought it wouldactually be in a game. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, athell said:

For me, outside of the throw to Julio in the SB, my best MR2 moment is the bomb to Roddy over Sherman.

The dime to Gabriel vs GB.  Won’t find a prettier throw into coverage in the history of football.  There may be some just as pretty.  But none prettier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvv3TTN1RB4

Ergo Proxy, athell, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, athell said:

What always seems to get lost with Matt too is his very first pass going the distance to Jenk.  I was so fired up from that play and was like ok ok we got something here with this kid.

Michael Turner also rushed for 220 yards on only 22 carries in that game. Again, overshadowed lol. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Great points. The first one in particular is also true that Ryan is not in any way, shape or form, polarizing. He's the most boring QB in the NFL. 

There isn't even a redemption story from Ryan. He's never suffered a serious injury and then come back to crush it. Even his MVP season doesn't really have super gaudy numbers. It was a great season nonetheless. 

The only other thing I'd point out is that the 2 biggest games of Ryan's career are SB51 and the 2012 NFCCG. Both games, the Falcons lost and surrendered large leads in the process. Casual sports fans (or stupid ones) essentially blame Ryan and label him as a "choker" as a result. 

In times past, I've been one of Ryan's critics. These last few years I've seen him evolve into a mentally strong and really good QB. If we can keep him off the ground now with better protection, I can't wait to see what he and our O will accomplish!

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Michael Turner also rushed for 220 yards on only 22 carries in that game. Again, overshadowed lol. 

Always the brides maid, never the bride :(

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Don’t forget about the 3-4 defenders Turner left KIA by the end of that game, may their souls RIP in the hallows of the Dome

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The dime to Gabriel vs GB.  Won’t find a prettier throw into coverage in the history of football.  There may be some just as pretty.  But none prettier

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvv3TTN1RB4

1 minute ago, athell said:

That was an absolute dime!  Good choice!  Similarly, that throw to Julio in Indy his rookie year.

That is a great throw as well. This one below is my favorite because it's completely forgotten about. It was during a terrible and forgettable season. But to me, not many QB's can make this throw.

4 minutes ago, Chaz said:

In times past, I've been one of Ryan's critics. These last few years I've seen him evolve into a mentally strong and really good QB. If we can keep him off the ground now with better protection, I can't wait to see what he and our O will accomplish!

Offense will have a fine season. Every year, they are above average at worst. Just needs things to go our way. 

He has so many throws like that that just get lost in translation.

How bout that TD to Julio in the Rams playoff game he threw while slipping to the ground?

He also has sneaky good wheels.  How bout when he juked out Luke?

27 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Listen to the commentator at the end. That's what makes Kyle so lethal.

All drive is was Sanu going underneath, drag routes, zig routes, flat routes, and then finally at the end Sanu just cuts it up the middle and they weren't ready for it because they thought he would stay underneath.

I loved how slow paced it was. Also just seeing Green Bay playing prevent during that entire drive made me feel a little better about how the Falcons play to close out games

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That is a great throw as well. This one below is my favorite because it's completely forgotten about. It was during a terrible and forgettable season. But to me, not many QB's can make this throw.

I repressed the Lost Years but you are right.  Forgot about that play

5 minutes ago, athell said:

He has so many throws like that that just get lost in translation.

How bout that TD to Julio in the Rams playoff game he threw while slipping to the ground?

He also has sneaky good wheels.  How bout when he juked out Luke?

He’s juked out Luke and Thomas Davis before. He also had a nice juke against the Cowboys in 2015.

athell likes this

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This is my personal favorite Ryan throw

Probably Hesters best career TD catch lol

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You know what? That’s probably the game that would’ve solidified him had it been a playoff game. He’s had so many moments like that in regular season games. When he had one of those in a playoff game then they’ll put him where he belongs. 

True

TheFatboi likes this